NEW VIDEO UPDATE Great Haste Makes Great Waste

Yeah, this’s good for comparison, so everyone(who knows how to use internet xd) can watch an old video and compare some parts from it with the new one. :face_with_monocle:

They did well with choosing quests to show. They’ve shown not that much, but it’s enough to see the whole picture, i guess. Like with “Mafia” before(For people, who know).

“why no wounds and bloodpools?”
“there are wounds. Quite sophisticated. If there are no facial wounds, we are working on fixing it.”

It looks nicer and nicer and again heres the list of missing things. Small things matter :slight_smile:

• No scabbard suspensions
  • Ciumans have no scabbard yet (this is in the works :slight_smile: )
  • Bows are still glued onto the model :frowning:
  • Some missing animations (putting the poison into the bowl)
  • Errors between ingame and sequences (missing scabbards and such)

Oh is there a possibility to disable the sparks completeley, as well as the arrow trails. They look ridiculous. Please insert an option to turn those particle effects off.

I am looking forward to seeing the next video :slight_smile:

3 Likes

not to mention the people playing the ign didn’t look involved at all, it felt like one of those casual console only players got tasked with doing a run through of the game for ign but there werent any wizrds, dragons, or orcs to keep him interested.

Yeah, i do remember. They were crying about 200x game, downgrade and etc.
They’re just mere players, that just saw the video on IGN and started to make opinions about the game without having the knowledge and info . :face_with_monocle:

Guys, you want to help us? Take this video and spread it all over the internet. Especially under the IGN posts (fb, twitter, IGN, YT) and to all the people that think, the IGN video represents the game. What happened is that my hardware let me down while I was at IGN. I lost 15fps by being plugged into their video systems… and the editor has really chosen ugly shots without any commentary. So help us KCD Army and spread the video! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I kinda understand that a game journalist needs/wants to show off the best and worst of a game, you know… when they arent paid by the dev to give a amazing review.

But IGN only showed the bad parts. Which isn’t fair because now we have seen there are some good parts aswell, quite alot of good gameplay parts.

Then again a dev would only show the good side of their game. So from what I can make out is that there are some amazing looking and playing parts of the game with some meh bits here and there.
Does that bother me? A bit, but I backed this game and would do so again.
Look at Destiny 2, it looks polished but it still has alot of faults.
Atleast with KCD we know where weaker moments are, and they can always be patched.

And yes the game will probably receive quite a bit of ‘hate’ on release. Which is mostly from people who don’t know what type of game you guys are making, so listen to the fans and mostly ignore the general public.

3 Likes

But this is not how the game looks. First of all it’s a month old build and as you know… KCD get’s better every day. Second I had those hardware issues which made my life harder. It was just a very unlucky day that created this unlucky video.

6 Likes

Normal people would understand, if they wanted to, so it’s fine. We do understand this situation, but the IGN audience - not wanted to understand. They were even lazy to check some new videos to judge even. In any case, good luck with them. :smiley:

So help us and share the new video: https://youtu.be/hw9wAnL0Xvc

Especially under the IGN posts :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But I must say that even in your video, during big battle, there are enemies who just stand still and look. Like in 13:37 - one bandit is fighting, others are doing nothing.

1 Like

I guess they weren’t triggered(?). I hope, this’s gonna be fixed at the final game. :face_with_monocle:

(?) - Script or whatever it’s, cus i don’t know for 100% why is that happened, but seems like that.

1 Like

Glad to help warhorse studios.

3 Likes

@DrFusselpulli What are PC specs ?

We used a Gtx 1080ti, i7 4790k, 16gb ram graphics card, I don´t know about the rest of the computer.

I agree that combat with many people looks weird. It just doesn’t really look as dynamic as a real battle. You get the feeling that a whole bunch of people are just standing around doing nothing, and occasionally hit someone.

But also it’s strange that you can just shoot someone with an arrow and they just ignore you. Even when they can see you.

I have to say that new video from WH is NOT better then video on IGN. Only the poor looking parts are missing. In new video there is no dialog and combat scenes are smartly cut so you can not see much of it…

Most people see that animations and sword fighting are really poor. Fighters just stand there doing nothing…

2 Likes

I have to add that I’m not hating. The game is great. But the mass fightings look a bit rough/notchy/choppy. What bothers me the most is how unresponsive enemies seem to be. For example you can just aim at someone and he won’t react, as we can see in the most recent video of warhorse studios.

Same with me. Warhorse video is far better than IGN, because it shows more of the depth of game. But fighting part looks better on Warhorse side only because it is better cut. I have nothing against combat system, I quite liked it in beta. But those 4 fighters in battle who are just standing … that is just not good.

2 Likes