No more wayfarers after 1.3.1

i dont even see couman fighting bandit or town gards anymore… it so boring traveling now

Hello guys,

I found the solution which works me.

• To user.cfg (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance) enter the following:

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug=0
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled=1
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset=1

• start the game with “+exec user.cfg”

• Both stepis is necessary to do before start a new game, if you want play some older saves it doesn´t work.

I hope it helps you and please give me some feedback.

Yes but that only works with a modified dll as well.

thats the truth bro…

Ok but some thoughts:
Random encounters stopped for me with reaching lvl 10 (I think, maybe 11)
this was before 1.3 etc.

So does s.o. knows if a new started game with all the mods in the user.cfg etc will work above lvl 10?

next thing: I noticed that with gaining lvl the random encounters changed. the hooded riddle bro was only seen 3 times, at the end (just before lvl10) I had bandits, deaths or beggars and nothing more.

I cant get it to work. No idea why. With or w/o the changed DLL.
Also, the 1.3.2 that Grimbarian mentioned,

I dont know what 1.3.2 update you talking about… mine is still 1.3.1
Meh, giving up.
Hope this just gets fixed sometime

Check version.txt it will show 1.3.2 in-game it still shows 1.3.1

1 Like

@Grimbarian does this require starting a new game?
I did everything as described but can’t get it to work on my current save either.

Unfortunately it’s looking like something in certain quests is making it necessary, you can test with this saved game of mine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADjyaB_HhSxy-C51Htf027ujmRvns53L/view?usp=sharing

I 'm still getting them.

@Grimbarian it actually worked with your save.
Thank you and… wow, this is weird :slight_smile: Must be a quest or something that messes with this.

Yes people have reported similar on here, can’t remember which quests but people mention a couple.

wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset= 1 not 0

no it doesnt require that. you have steam version? You have to change the whgame.dll in kcd folder othervise it wont work

you have to change whgame.dll in your kcd folder and set wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1 in user.cfg

I was looking at the console commands and I’m not sure about the debug command if it actually works as a simple debug as there is no deeper explanation.

However what I’m sure of is the wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1 that increase the encounters

For the fix to work i need to start a new game? @Hornet @Grimbarian

You’d need to use a save from pre 1.3.2 such as this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/340

Excelente just use one ir muy old saves thanks for the help

1 Like

I used an old save game from March 3rd. I also added to my user.cfg file what petr1989 suggested to do. I also have the modified dll. i also have a few mods for the game. I have been playing with the 1.3.1 to 1.3.3 version since they came out with no random encounters happening at all. Has soon has I started using the old save game (only 30 seconds into it in fact) while fast traveling I had a random encounter with a farmer and three deserters. Actually had two random encounters within 30 seconds, i hit esc key on the first one by mistake.

I know two things:

1. This is a bug (if they did this on purpose it was a rather dumb move)
  2. I will no longer fast travel due to the black screen when I get a random encounter. They got a free hit on me due to my game loading for the encounter.