No random encounters

That is weird. Ive had multiple encounters. Some where you could stop and watch a bigger encounter then intervene. Others it was an attack maybe 3-4 bandits. WH needs to be addressing some issues here or at least commenting on the future fix of things. I purchased the game as you did. We funded their vision. All we ask is for information which cost nothing

Today when I get home I’ll try to restore game files, maybe something went wrong. If it doesn’t work I’ll try to start a new game and see if the problem is in my save.

I can imagine it being save related, I’ll try giving a friend my save and ask him to fast travel around. If it is save related WH might be able to use them to diagnose the issue.

It’s been over 20 hours game time since I’ve had an encounter of any kind.

Todays patch didn’t fix it :frowning:

The game disables random encounters during the horse race sidequest (The Sport of Kings).
Upon winning the race, the game does not reenable random encounters although it should.
In other words, race winners can forget random encounters.

There is a mod on nexus that promises cooldown reset on encounters - it cannot correct this bug.

So I suggest not racing before this issue gets patched. Or, win the race to get the achievement then reload a savegame prior to it.

I haven’t done nor started that quest, and if you mean something like “more dangerous roads” I already have that.

I wish you were right.

So that is the problem! Since the horse racing quest award is bugged, i won the race but never finish this quest. Hope they fixed this bug in the patch.

Aegrim
I haven’t done nor started that quest, and if you mean something like “more dangerous roads” I already have that.

Apparently the mod is utterly bugged. Please check what people say about it on Nexus, they’re not happy:

I didn’t use this mod at all in my game nor ever will after seeing problems it causes like corrupted savegames, but I did test if it can fix the problem of no more random encounters caused by horseracing quest. It just can’t.
In other words, I can’t recommend using that particular mod at all.

They seem to have this bug but are blaiming it on the mod without actually showing evidence, I think they just have the same bug as me. I installed the mod in an attempt to fix the bug.

Somebody else mentions the reek quest, and I can remember getting my last encounters around that time, specifically down the river when I was looking for the mines.

2 Likes

I’m not saying some other quest isn’t also bugged in a way it’ll permanently disable random encounters.
But The King of Sport is so far the only quest in my game that did it.

I’m just saying winning the race in horseracing quest will stop random encounters and you’ll wait till doomsday for next beggar, trader, mercenary, gamekeeper, riddler or bandit to appear on the road.
Well… Okay, till devs patch it. :wink:

The Reek (the main after Lubosh, it’s spelled differently but I can’t remember now) quest you mentioned does not stop random encounters.

maybe something within it does, a specific choice or something. I remember one of the bandits who attack the mine ran away, maybe not killing him failed to resolve it, just shooting that out there.

Edit - it could also be a side quest you get at roughly the same time.

Hello there. I seem to have the same problem as mentioned above. I don’t really know what has happened, but random encounters do not occur anymore for me. I haven’t had a single knightly encounter or any riddles. The only thing i remember encountering early on in my playthrough was a group of cumans fighting some bandits. I didn’t engage since i was too weak, since then I’ve seen none or had any encounters of any sort. I haven’t completed the horse race so that shouldn’t be the cause of my problem.
I wasn’t even aware of the knights that can challenge you to a duel on the road, or the people giving you riddles, until I saw my friend playing the game.
I’ve started a new save just to see if it is a problem with my save. I hope they/you find a fix for this. I dread playing the game all over again, especially with the whole story and almost all quest so fresh in my memory. But I feel that I am missing out on a big and exciting part of the game.
Regards.

Please note that I can confirm this only for particular horserace quest. I cannot know if any other quest causes this as I didn’t complete the game yet (neither main story nor all sidequests). I’m keeping an eye and will post if I notice another (side)quest triggers the same problem.

But as I posted on Steam forum, it can be saving/loading issue during some quests…
For example, it could be saving then loading the game in the middle of early mainquest where you ride from Rattay to stables - you could notice there are no random encounters during that sequence. Remember that saving/loading during 3 nightingales quest can corrupt that quest. :wink:
I’m just speculating here, not saying it’s a definite cause.

But it can definetly not happen during acompanying Hans to hunting spot - I’ve seen random encounter (beggar) sitting by the road during that one.

I have never done that horse racing quest that is mentioned above, but I still am not getting any random encounters. Is this a bug the devs have acknowledged? I don’t want to have to restart my game almost 30 hours in.

It’s looking like it’s the conversation with Timmys sister that breaks it.

Have the same problem, but the random encounters don’t work even when I travel manually, it’s like they were entirely disabled. I wonder if the devs are even aware of this issue :frowning:

Read up one, you have to skip that part if you wanna avoid this. I’m at that part now in my save and I’m going to test it but I’m playing the new stellaris update now and don’t get much time off work during the week.

I’d also like to add that even though I’ve gone back so far I’m actually having more fun now with the encounters back in.

If you’re referring to the conversation with Timmy’s sister, then it’d take me hours to get to where I am right now if I start from there again…

But how do we skip that part? Isn’t it the main quest?