No random encounters

It should, but it isn’t, that’s the problem. I’m working with a game I created today on 1.3.3. and as I said before, I can’t load that save to test because of not having the DLC.

This is beyond frustrating.

Try this save: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/340

Okay, that save works and almost immediately generated a wayfarer encounter. So at least it’s not my game itself… it’s just any save game I create? That seems a little… messed up.

Some are saying it’s any saved game created after 1.3.1 which is why mine should work as it’s from before that but of course you don’t have the DLC so doesn’t help you.

Well that’s a bit agrivating, but at least I can start from this save file and save scum so it doesn’t disable encounters at some point. Hopefully they’ll fix this in 1.4.

Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

It’s being fixed early next week: https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/973868415294345216 (all being well)

Send me one PM :grinning:

Glad to see they are seriously working on a patch to fix this.
Jesus Christ be praised.

2 Likes

This is the best news i’ve had all day

1 Like

Amazing! Thanks for the tip! I have tried it, but seem to have the same problem as Macrocarpa below.

Also tried to go back a couple of saves from my original save file, didnt work. Even ended up deleting it but it still does not turn up :@!!

Thank you anyways, sir!

Did you try this save: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/340 it needs to be a save that was created before 1.3

I’ve just encountered another issue with encounters stopping after talking to Matthew in the Friends in Need quest, telling him to go to the miller for work.

I’m not 100% sure that it’s stopping encounters, because I think I may have had one more after it, but with Dangerous Roads installed I’ve been getting 3-4 encounters per long travel, after this interaction that drops to 1 every 2-3 long travels.

It’s got to the point where I save and fast travel after every interaction with anyone in the game - I think I’m going to stop playing until 1.4 drops.

I did that quest in my save and it definitely didn’t stop random encounters, they only stopped for me with 1.3.2

Can i confirm if hornet’s console codes fix
wh_pl_randomeventsdebug ( 0 default / 1 debug )
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled ( 1 default (my setting)
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset ( 0 default / 1 chance increase ) (a lot)

will work on a fresh 1.3.3 new game?

It won’t no.

@duke

thank you. would be awful to start and play another PT only to run into the same bug :frowning:

If you’re planning to start a new game you’re probably better off waiting for next week’s update.

Can someone confirm if using a pre v1.3 save game , starting from ‘an unexpected visit’ which is the auto-save right after starting a new game, will i still get the no encounter bug? Even if i use hornet’s console codes fix
wh_pl_randomeventsdebug ( 0 default / 1 debug )
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled ( 1 default (my setting)
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset ( 0 default / 1 chance increase ) (a lot)

Nexus has one at Rattay mill that’s the earliest I know of.

You are right to wait for v1.4. Seems the old save that is pre v1.3 won’t have the updates that came in with v1.3 esp the fixes to quests. :frowning: