No random encounters

I understand you. For us who finished the game at least once we can live with that missing scene, but for new players it can be really confusing and there is some information in the cutscene which I think is important for the beginning to know.

True, I’m just feeling everyone’s frustration about missing encounters based on the 14 different threads that exist about the topic!

2 Likes

Yes. But I think that the missing Radzig scene was the bug for me which led to no encounters.

I’ll probably wait until 1.4 and make a total new install and new play

Lucky for me I found an old backup I made of my save folder. This fixed it for me as well

2 Likes

So I purchased a game that isn’t even worth playing right now… Great. Pretty disturbing that new features and other things are being prioritised over a game breaking issue… Not going to waste my time playing if I’m missing a large portion of content -.- Such a shame as this game is really enjoyable, though the reputation is going to take a hit with all these issues that really shouldn’t be here when being charged $60.

What format are you on? Random encounters is fixable on PC (as long as you haven’t done a couple of quests).

It’s certainly buggy but I’ve played 90+ hours and other than a couple of small bugs there’s little to dent my enjoyment.

1 Like

PC mate.
I haven’t really encountered game breaking bugs, it’s just the issue of no random encounters…
It seems like I’ve missed out on so much content due to this issue that I’m compelled to stop playing until next week just to get the full experience lol.

Try this fix:

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/391?tab=description (personally I prefer to hex edit WHGame.dll myself then I know what’s what).

And this in your user.cfg:

wh_pl_randomeventsdebug 1
wh_pl_randomeventscooldownsenabled 0
wh_pl_randomeventbasechancerunoffset 1

1 Like

IDK man… I’ve edited the .dll, created the user.cfg, executed the user.cfg (which loaded in the console and works, as I tested it with the command “wh_env_CloudSpeed = 50”). Rode from Rovna to Uzhitz then to Neuhof (To check the location I saw the Wayfarer Knight spawn on a YouTube video) then to Rattay with no luck. The only thing I saw was the Wayfarer without a chat option (Which I had before anyway).

Though I of course don’t know the usual rate at which they appear as I’ve never had one before xD!

Thank you for your help, it’s very much appreciated :).

1 Like

Try my saved game: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ADjyaB_HhSxy-C51Htf027ujmRvns53L

C:\Users(your name)\Saved Games\kingdomcome\saves make a folder playline1 then it keeps it away from your save (assuming yours are in playline0) try a few fast travels and you should get some random encounters.

1 Like

Wow, it works on your save o.O… Got ambushed fast traveling from Sasau to Neuhof. I’m guessing this means I would need to start a new game?

Your saved game isn’t pre 1.3.1 is it? As I’ve read my issue is prevalent if one starts a new game on patch 1.3.1 but you still get encounters if you continue an old save.

Thanks again man :slight_smile:

That save is from 1.3.2 I think, this save should work for you if you want to skip the prologue: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/340

It seems the issue is caused by a couple of quests I didn’t get to yet.

1 Like

Well, I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I started a new game on 1.3.3, I have the modified WHGame.dll, and the correct code in my user.cfg.

I can walk from Skalitz to Rattay multiple times without a single encounter.

I’ve tried using “exec user” in the console, same result. It can’t be a quest that’s breaking it, unless it’s broken by something in the prologue.

Have you tried using the Save Game file that Grimbarian provided? It helps to know if your game is not allowing encounters or just the save file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you confirm that the user.cfg is being loaded by pressing the tilde key to view the console in the menu? You should see something like this:

Are you on Steam or GOG? If you want I can check your DLL to make sure you hex edited it correctly in case you’re not confident doing that?

BTW Roads are Dangerous has just been updated to be compatible with the new version: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/51 that may or may not also help.

I tried using Grimbarian’s file, but the game says “This savegame requires DLC:Treasures of the Past” - so it wont load.
I have confirmed the user.cfg, it looks very much like the screenshot posted.
I’m running the Steam version of the game (Which I’m lead to believe should have Treasures of the Past, so I don’t know why that’s not working either).
Tried installing Dangerous Roads - no change.

Does your steam show this:

Dangerous roads mod only increases the amount of encounters. Seems like the issue here is there are no encounters to increase. encounters don’t just happen when you fast travel, you can find them even when traveling. It’s like the bandits, knights, mercenary’s are no longer in the game.
I’ve tried the same as you and have the same issue. I loaded a previous save from an old backup, seemed to have fixed it at first but now i’m back to square one. I’m at the point where I think it’s broken and we just have to wait until it’s patched. I almost can’t play it without these.

No, it does not. There is no DLC section in my library for KCD, and when I go to the DLC page, I only see the OST and the Artbook - neither of which are Treaures of the Past. Am I missing something?

I wouldn’t mind reverting to a save file which had random encounters and continuing from there, the problem is I don’t have any, and I have zero random encounters on a fresh save game.

The DLC is for backers I believe.

You need the edited WHGame.dll + the above written commands in user.cfg that should work for a new game or my save as posted above.