Noble hoods look odd now and quilted vest has invisible arms

So, something I noticed rather recently. The noble hoods in the game now look strange. They no longer drape down on the shoulders like they used to. They now look very strange and unnatural. I’m guessing this happened due to the devs trying to make them useable with armor (the horrendous clipping with the noble hood is now gone). As much as I hate to be a bother, it really does make the noble hood unusable for me. I really hope this is fixed soon. Or even just reverted to how it used to work. I’m on PS4 so there is no mod issues. Has anybody else noticed this?

Edit: Also, as I was playing I noticed the quilted vest now no longer shows Henry’s upper arms. It now only shows his forearms and hands. This kind of kills my immersion in a big way and keeps me from using the quilted vest, which I used quite often in the past. I hope these issues are resolved quickly.

Clothing clipping issues happen on occasion, they usually resolve them between patches. Some patches ago the heavier quilted caps would clip through most helmets, now they don’t anymore. The Noble hauberk’s fastening straps clip through the Milanese Brigantine still. Before the last patch a variety of boots (long leather boots) were invisible - now fixed, but they clip badly through those plate chausses that come without a sabaton.

I can confirm noble hoods are looking odd now.

I believe they accidentally did that in 1.9.0 to fix cloth clipping (and noble hoods clipping) I reported them not long ago (in this thread - [Bug] Visual issues with various garments).

They… well, frankly speaking… ruined the shape of noble hoods to fix its clipping.

Do not get why they could not manage to make noble hood stacking like other hoods? Like ass-kicking “Sir Radzig’s hood”, for instance. Even shape of simple “Linen hood” look better then noble hoods so far.

By the way, problems “II. The plate chausses knee problem” and “III. Slit throat problem” I described in the thread are persisting in the game even after patching it up to 1.9.0.

@WH_janrucker, we will appreciate if you would do something about it.

Also, Andrew look odd in 1.9.0, too:

Not just because the “Noble’s Yellow Hood” he’s wearing - something is wrong with his cubits too.

Comparing “Noble’s Yellow Hood” and “Linen hood” in 1.9.0 (and 1.8.2):

1 - “Linen hood” in 1.9.0: cool shape

2 - “Noble’s Yellow Hood” in 1.9.0: odd shape [!]

3 - “Noble’s Yellow Hood” in 1.8.2 (before clipping was fixed): cool shape [!]; shape differs from 1.9.0 [!]

Also in-dialogue view for “Noble’s Yellow Hood” and “Linen hood” in 1.9.0:

4 - “Linen hood” in 1.9.0: cool shape

5 - “Noble’s Yellow Hood” in 1.9.0: odd shape [!]

Summary: in 1.9.0, for instance, simple “Linen hood” looks dope (I took this particular, cause it’s the simplest-looking hood), then fancy “Noble’s Yellow Hood” due to its weird shape - so all we really want is both cool shape back and no clipping issues for noble’s hoods!

This is on PC, 1.9.0 and 1.8.2, GOG-version (if it’s important).

Thanks!

Thank you for posting the picture’s Vetray! I really appreciate it. Yes, it’s quite an annoying issue. It looks so unnatural as it currently is. I do hope it gets fixed soon.

Yeah, totally agree.

Warhorse, we are requesting a fix!

1 Like

Here is my Noble Hood ,YELLOW That is

You probably aren’t supposed to wear a noble hood over heavy armor.
Likewise most joupons and combat jackets will clip through armor unless it’s an Aachen brigantine or lamellar armor with riveted vambraces (as pauldrons of any type will clip through).

It’s not perfect, but you have to consider that the armor system has to adopt a multitude of configurarions.

You probably aren’t supposed to wear a noble hood over heavy armor.

Oh, you are right, my friend, well… except the fact you can put on any other hood in the game either over the heavy armor, or the light armor, or even over some basic casual garments without experiencing any glitches.

And by the way, the whole point of this topic is about the odd shape of noble hoods in version 1.9.0+ comparing to its old cool shape in version 1.8.2 and earlier (pay attention to the screenshots above), and not about discussing whatever you are suppose or not suppose to wear it over something on not.

So, basically, in my opinion, your statement is completely wrong! Yeah.

So they should “fix” it because you don’t like the look of it? They may have changed it so it wouldn’t clip. Just because some don’t like the look of it, doesn’t mean that everyone doesn’t. Some may like it this way.
If you don’t like the look of certain clothing, get mods for them. That what they are for.

Other hoods are meant to be used for the same thing you use a waffenrock: identification. The noble hood is a fashion accessory to flaunt one’s status.

There’s a reason you don’t wear an expensive outer garment over armor: it’d get ripped to shreds in your first skirmish.

Deal with it.

Judging by some posts above, I’m not the only one who is not entirely happy the way in looks after it was changed in the latest patch.

Changed” is the key term here, see?

And since any other hood in the game currently does not have any clipping issues on the one hand and doesn’t look like a “Marilyn Monroe’s dress” on the over (unlike noble hood now - it really look that way) it is possible to revert the what was changed about its shape and make not clipping through the armor - both at the same time.

here’s a reason you don’t wear an expensive outer garment over armor: it’d get ripped to shreds in your first skirmish.

True. You get the point.

But the problem is the way noble hoods look without any armor underneath them in the latest patch.

And, yeah, thanks for telling some historical context (waffenrocks, identification and so on) - it might be useful, but in a separate topic, because this one is for discussing a glitch of a particular item. Not the circumstances someone should wear it on not.

Other hoods are supposed to be made from linen, while the noble hood is made from velvet, hence they behave differently.

Nobody in their right mind would wear a velvet mantle over a plate cuirass and pauldrons.

There’s a reason you don’t wear an expensive outer garment over armor: it’d get ripped to shreds in your first skirmish.

Other hoods are supposed to be made from linen, while the noble hood is made from velvet, hence they behave differently. Nobody in their right mind would wear a velvet mantle over a plate cuirass and pauldrons.

Nevertheless, some of most fancy looking NCPs in the game act… surprise-surprise… exactly the way you described:

Sir Anselm of Domky (from “The Amorous Adventures” DLC) send his regards!

Left any reasonable arguments why player should not do the same thing in a role playing game, if he’d like to?

I guess no.

You can do whatever you like for all I care. I was trying to explain to you why the authors made this specific hood sit well on gambesons and cotehardies and not plate armor.

You can really wear your underpants over your trousers for all I care.

I was trying to explain to you why the authors made this specific hood sit well on gambesons and cotehardies and not plate armor

Your words do have the point!

But in fact, currently in the game, nobel hood does not sit well on gambesons and usual clothes and sits perfectly on plate armor.

You get it? It is currently does quite opposite thing in the game to what you just stated. Just closely check the screenshots above, or check it out in the game yourself, or read the first post of this topic.

Hope you will finally get what we are all on about here before posting a bunch of off-topic replies.

You can really wear your underpants over your trousers for all I care.

Rude. But I have not intentions to follow you example. The way you do it is the way you do it.

@stridingshadow @AfLIcTeD
The issue is that the hood is very unnatural looking even on regular clothes now. You can see this in the screenshots posted above. It is stiff and the ends float in the air instead of draping on the shoulders like they should. This issue was not present before the current version. Before it looked very natural and realistic, fitting almost like the various chequered hoods in the game. Look at the picture of Andrew posted by @vetray. That is not how the hoods should look, nor was that how it previously looked. I’m not arguing about how we should wear our clothes. I’m bringing up the fact that after this recent patch the hoods were changed to look odd and unnatural in, what I assume, was an attempt to fix the clipping issues when wearing them with armor. Please, put the noble hood on your own Henry’s and talk to some people. You’ll see that it does not look natural. I am just trying to let Warhorse know about this issue so they can attempt to fix it. I don’t intend to bring any hostility or bickering to the thread.

1 Like

Yeah. Totally agree to what @TurnipBandit just said about the subject at hand.