Patch 1.3 Draw Distance

As others have pointed out, apparently for good or bad the sliders are now directly linked to the corresponding visual settings above them.

But to what extent are they linked?
I have everything set to Ultra, yet still these sliders revert to lower levels.

1 Like

did you set everything to ultra and hit apply, and then you couldn’t turn those settings up still?

same here :confused:

i turned evrything to ultra, put the slider to max. after saving the ultra settings are still set but the slider is back to a medium setting.
put the slider to max again, saved, sliders back to medium.

Sounds like we will need to poll users here to figure out which hardware is applying these limits;

is it four core or less CPUs? Is it less than 16Gb of RAM?is it certain video cards?..
Ithink Iwill wait before applying the patch if its going to force me to lower settings. Ienjoy the game at ULTRA+ and framerate is MYchoice.
Obviously they have done this to curtail whingers who feel that all games should run on Ultra settings on their PCs. To be fair this games med/high settings are last years ultra high/high…

It is stunning… Iunderstand why they need to force users hands on this (it isn’t worth the negative press from muppets complaining about framerates on ultra high plus)

1 Like

Whitedragem
i7 8700K - 16gig ram - gtx1080 cant change the silders…well back to bloodborne until they fix it

One user on Steam has advised the following Console commands for LOD:

e_ViewDistRatio X – This changes the distance at which objects start to render (Low being 50, Ultra being 125).

e_ViewDistRatioVegetation X – Use this to change the distance at which trees start to render (Low being 50, Ultra being 65).

e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist X – And this changes the distance at which grass is animated (default is 20).

1 Like

then it is fair to expect everyone should be gimped by this new feature…

handy post above… offering all the console settings.
I use g_showHUD 0 (and g_showHUD1) to turn the heads up display off and on (respectively).
tilde key (below ESC) to bring up the console.
might be a hassle to apply each time, but might convince me to apply the patch if Ido regain control…

IrregularJohn
thanks i will try it out :slight_smile:

You can still change the draw distance variables inside attributes.xml
(c:\users\yourname\saved games\kingdomcome\profiles\default)

These were the max. values before 1.3:

“LodRatio” value="70"
“MergedMeshesRatio” value="100"
“ViewDistRatio” value=“250”

3 Likes

e_ViewDistRatio X – This changes the distance at which objects start to render (Low being 50, Ultra being 125).

e_ViewDistRatioVegetation X – Use this to change the distance at which trees start to render (Low being 50, Ultra being 65).

e_MergedMeshesInstanceDist X – And this changes the distance at which grass is animated (default is 20).

e_LodRatio = X – This defines how close to you better textures are loaded. (default value for High preset was 25, you can check your current value by entering e_LodRatio in the console).

1 Like

ahh, thats it. worked for me. thanks.

yeah no more pop-ins, thanks

Thanks. I see “ViewDistRatio” corresponds to “Object distance.” And I see “LodRatio” corresponds to “LOD distance.” I can’t get the one for Vegetation draw distance to work, though. It says “e_MergedMeshesRatio” is an unknown command. Anyone know what the vegetation draw distance is?

Edit: figured it out. It’s e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio. Thanks again.

1 Like

Possibly related, but i can’t save any of the “advenced graphic settings”, not only the distance related. Even if main graphic setting is set to “custom”. wtf? Is there a way haw to get rid of the motion blur through some config? Is it possible via user.cfg? thx. to devs: lol, wtf dudes?

It’s in c:\users\yourname\saved games\kingdomcome\profiles\default\attributes.xml

“r_MotionBlur” value=“0”

(Not tested, but I think it must be “0”)

1 Like

thx. gonna try. isn’t user.cfg used for such tweaks? which values are applied at the end? system, user or attributes?

Good question.
I’m not a coder, I’m just comparing files before/after, that’s how I found out (doing this ever since Gothic 3)
Basically, attributes.xml is the ingame graphics-settings-menu, and system.cfg an autoexec for console commands - user.cfg too, but “without creating any conflicts for version control”, as it’s commented in the first lines in system.cfg.
So my guess is: system.cfg > user.cfg > attributes.xml, with system.cfg having “the last word”.
May be right, may be wrong. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on this.

Hi, I trie it and it works, if you want it to set it in game setting just put it into system.cfg as bellow and it will be in setting as max set.
e_ViewDistRatio = 150
e_LodRatio = 70
e_MergedMeshesViewDistRatio = 100
e_ViewDistRatioVegetation = 150

You can also add for permanent bow cursore
wh_pl_showfirecursor = 1