Patch 1.3 Released now!

Lockpicking and pickpocketing are a bit of a pain on console, but doable. My main concern is fixing the mission glitches like the disappearing traps in “A Bird in the Hand” as well as the screen fading to black indefinitely after getting drunk with Father Godwin in “Mysterious Ways.”

I agree I’m level 9 LP now and hard locks are even fairly easy now. I have no complaints about the system any longer. Can’t be a professional at something without practice, but I think XP should be given for failures but just smaller amounts.

He is totaly right!
The game is not ment to be easy. It’s ment to challenge all players, either you are a hardcore gamer or newbie.
You can’t just start the game and think you will be as strong as an experienced swordsman or Knight even.
You need to practice and practice, then practice some more…
BUT! It’s said to be a very stupid lockpick system for Xbox/ps4. And that i can belive!
I think they should change the system to one that you have to work the pins like in Skyrim :smiley:

Im level 19 and i have 19/20 on strenght and agility. I feel like superman! I can kill the whole county if i want to. And sneaking is very nice, except the fact that guards apparently have x-ray vision and knows that stolen goods, with god knows were is stolen on them…

Enemies/NPCs also can’t recognize you when dress up like one of them, and that is awesome and good to know! That is nice when walking in the monastary. And when you are stealing stuff around at night. If you get caught in a monks robe with a hood, then should not know who you are when putting you normal clothes back on.

Stay out of swordfights untill you get to level 4-5 in sword, defence and strenght. Untill then you need to practice as much with a woodes sword as you can with Cap. Bernard

1 Like

That i agree with you on!
There should be small amounts of XP just for trying.
So if you want to get a 100 LP, and try and try and try you should at least get some XP for trying and failing locks that is the hardest you can open… The Harder the more XP

On czech videogames news sites saying that 1.3 will be released at the end of this week - probably for pc…

2 Likes

I couldn’t care less about lockpicking, but the fact that I can’t progress trough Questions and Answers quest is much more of an issue to me.

I agree, locksmithing gets quite easy with some training but pickpocketing I still get sleeping people catching me 70% of the time.

2 Likes

Could we have a link ?
Cheers.

Try to remove all of your clothes, then the noise level will be zero!

Lamest thief ever

no need for that there’s a perk in the maintenance tree that reduces the noise when you repaired yourself what you’re wearing. Works so well that 90% of the time even with many heavy armor pieces my noise is 0.

1 Like

That’s so freakin’ OP. Why can’t there be a middle ground in this game…

I know, I have it. But maybe others does not have this perk yet. As long as it was not available that perk, I did that method.
This game is so realistic… for example when you start the game you are total noob for everything! BUT never give up guys! Practice, practice, practice, believe me, it will be easier!!!
When I started KCD on PS4, I turned off the vibration of my controller, because I cannot unlock 1x chest half an hour!! I practiced a lot and now 1-2 sec! That’s all…

I agree with you. It does become easier.

1 Like

Any info, about end of week patch, end of week means Friday or Sunday?

1 Like

unfortunately I just saw a tweet saying it will come next week

I am wondering the same thing, but I do know that one of the main devs did in fact say earlier this week that 1.3 would be out by the end of the week. So, like you, I’m still waiting :weary:

1 Like

So other empty promise, it really shows that they have problem with coding/design/testing and bugs weren’t some simply to fix mistakes… We can wait weeks for completely playable game :frowning:
If you still can play great, im stuck… If you will get to stuck too, you will be angry as im…

Do Steam has some certification process too? I dont think so…

‘coming soon’ - could mean submitted for cert

yes but as far as I understood Steam doesnt need certification
I can still play but I can feel for those who dont

1 Like