Perfomance Issues

Hi, I bought your game recently, and been having issues perfomance issues ever since.

The game lags alot, wich obviously makes it really hard to play, and it also tends to crash.

Now, it should’nt have anything to do with my computer because it can play any other game without problems.
here are my specs- Intel® core™ i5-6500 CPu @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz
16Gb ram
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
I dont remember my graphic card but it’s farly new and have no problems playing other high
quality games on very high/ultra setting.
I think i have 4 cores dont remember if it’s 6 (not the biggest tech nerd myself obv.)
and i’m using windows 10.

So why is the game so unstable? I do realize that it is only beta and the game is still in process, but right now im not able to play your game at all! Thank in advance for any response :^)

Lower the settings to get it to crash less. Don’t expect stellar performance. At best you will get 30-35 FPS regardless of your hardware.

If you’re not sure what GPU you have, go to Device Manager, search in the Start Menu if you can’t find it, then Display Adapters to see what you have.

The rest of your system is perfectly adequate for running this game.

Hi again,

So i was kinda busy when i wrote this and therefore did’nt proof read my thread. So uuh ya, rip english.
Sorry, hope it’s still readable…

I guess your hardware is ok but remember the game is still in beta and had his “problems”. If you take a look into the forum you will find hundrets of threats like yours.

So i’ve put all my graphic settings on low and the resolution on 1024-768. I have also set the distance options on the lowest.
And still the game lags, crashes or freezes. So do you have any other suggestions or will I just have to wait for the full realese before being able to play the game? thanks in advance.

Unfortunately not. The draw distance isn’t a problem, just the detail level. If you put the detail level on the highest, beyond the high preset, the game crashes far more often. I found the crashing stopped almost completely when I lowered the settings, but I never had the freezing/lag issues that some other people reported.

The game should come this year, one way is to wait till release like i do or put the preset back do default. A long time ago in an old post somewhere in the hardware cave of this forum i read that the game is the most stable in default settings. There is some Problem in the LOD pitch i belive to remember.

I buy this game 3 day ago for try beta version but I am very sad now.I cant play beta cause of lag,freeze.u said it will be good when game realese ofc it will be how can u sell this game with this performance issue.graphics not as good as youtube videos even at ultra setting.at nigth u cant see single thing.wait time is so too long.AI isnt good.just want to say these someone try beta version.

I guess the mosst backers tryed it and leave it to wait for the release version cause of the problems you described. Heads up, the most here in Forum are waiting a much longer time than you and they still have the trust in the developers from Warhorse.

I personal made the expierence that the alpha was more stable for me than the beta but i dont think they do something wrong in opposite, i guess they do a good job and waiting a few months is nothing compared to the time i allready waited. :smiley:

1 Like
  • use a good grafic card from good brand (asus, msi, gigabyte)
  • gtx 950 or up runs great, nice graphics need a good card! Use a stable driver, not beta versions!
  • I use only asus mainboards = not crashes, no problems.
  • good memory, from good brands, cheap hardware mostly means not stable and do not run fine with other hardware.
  • many have the task bar full of prg’s they don’t need all the time, (deamon, tools, torrent client or whatever…) they can cause crashes.
  • remove all crap from the task manager -> tasks. example: adobe, flash and all other automatic updaters.
  • use a tool like xpantispy to get windows free of unwanted services and get more performance.
  • use tool like autoruns.exe from sysinternals.com. You will see all crap that gets activated when windows starts, remove all unneeded prgs.

Then you have a good system ready to play the beta.

The game is a graphical showcase like never before, the best graphics right now. So running it in mid range computers wont bring nice results. With any other game engine and optimizations like ubisoft or other AAA games this would be unplayable at this graphical quality.

Now a days almost all the CPUs are 64-bit. 32-bit and 64-bit are both different architectures. Even though Windows 32-bit and 64-bit look the same on both type of processors. A 64-bit OS can benefit you, if you have larger amounts of RAM installed on your Computer (4 GB or more, as Windows 32-bit OS will pretend anything above 3.2 GB isn’t there). A 64-bit OS can handle large amounts of memory more efficiently than a 32-bit operating system, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running several programs at the same time, and switching between them frequently. If you have 4 GB RAM and a modern 64-bit processor then you should install Windows 64-bit, as the 64-bit version of an OS can handle a computer with these specifications more efficiently. But if you have lesser RAM (less than 4 GB ) than stick to 32-bit OS.