Please change this in future versions

At least have on/off options for each HUD feature. That suits everyone.

1 Like

Change the transparency level is much better than just on/off, because there are people who like the yellow dot but think it’s actually too obtrosive.

I can agree with interrupting fast travel.

1 Like

I don’t know if it is an oversight or on purpose, but Henry’s room in Talmberg
has no chest to store or retrieve his stuff.

Would be great to enhance the distance LOD quality on the Ultra settings. Trees and grass still looks low detail.

Right now I’d settle for running at a high setting ,PERIOD, and 40FPS.
LOD grass is the least of my worries.

Prolly on purpose as you are to transition to Rattay early in the game and a perma bed can be bought in the inn across the river south of the castle.

One of my all time favourite movies is Kingdom of Heaven - absolutely love that movie. Watched it again yesterday and all i could imagine is playing this movie out (or something similar) in KCD especially the Crusades. We already have the Cumans which look very much like the Saracens (Muslims under Salahuddin).

Come one WarHorse…go for it!!! :slight_smile:

Sorry, off topic… but I’ve played the first Fable. Any particular game that has the most immersion you’d recommend? Or best story?

If you like over the top games, The game developers Obsidian entertainment always make good RPGs.
Post apocalyptic games are their specialty though.

KOTOR Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 is two of my favorites too👍

1 Like

I love Obsidian games! I’ve never played KOTOR though. I’ll look that up on PC. I was always a PlayStation guy growing up until I got my Steam machine a couple years ago. Barely touch the PS now except for exclusives. So I know I’ve missed out on some epic Microsoft and PC only games. I’ll definitely look into it if it’s on PC. I always wanted to get into the Fable series, but ashamedly the graphics of the first couple games and user reviews of the newer ones have kept me from buying them. It’s quite the franchise, but admittedly I’m a bit overwhelmed on which games to invest in. I loved Fable 1, but the only Xbox I owned died a few months after buying it-so I went PS and now Steam. I feel like I’ve missed many epic games.

1 Like

Knights of the old Republic is also on tablets. Makes for a great time filler when away from pc.

Those graphics sharpen up a lot on a small screen as well…
(Bards Tale/Grimrock/Baldurs Gate/KotOR/Guild of Dungeoneering awesome portable roleplaying games for tablets and phones. Baldurs Gate does have some small font though)

Fable 2 seems to be what the fans recommend, with 3 being a pass for many. 3 is more adult orientated (stuff not suitable for youngsterz).

Whilst I bought Fable (day of launch) I always regretted microsoft stealing a great game away from us PC gamers. Sooooo much got cut from that game to survive the xboxs paultry RAM.
Sure the xbox game got released on pc- but it was never what it should have been.

A practice microsoft are ramping up again in order to get content for the X, and to gimp said content on PC yo make the X seem powerful.

Theyve done it before and will do it again.
Publicly state their only loyalty is to the shareholders.
Sad thing is they kill software in the process of manipulating the market in their favour.

Supporting microsoft is voting for the death of gaming.
(in this I am fanatical)

1 Like

Especially the sound radii. (Eg sound drops off too quickly)(breaks sense of scale a little)

The widescreen bits are fine.
Cinematic (yet high framerate;-) )… and is considerate to 21:9 users.

Good list

I would highly recommend playing KOTOR. You should play through it a couple of times because there’s different ways to go through the game. My first playthough I went light side. I loved the different characters. It might be a little dated but it still holds up pretty good. The combat it a lot like Dragon age Origins, Which is another great game if you haven’t played🙂

2 Likes

I love the Dragon Age series. I watched some videos of KOTOR. Seems right up my alley! Thanks for recommending it.

1 Like

Yeah bioware did the best rpgs through that era.
It was a golden time for rpgs (eg going multiplayer etc)

Bioware developed two series: the old school fantasy one (baldurs gate), based on Dungeons and Dragons; and a sci-fi fantasy based on the Star Wars universe (Knights of the Old Republic).
Licensing cut into profits so both were reborn.
Baldurs Gate became Dragon Age
KOTOR became Mass Effect

Cant go wrong with any of them (Dragon Age 2 on launch was pretty weak vs its heritage…)

KotOR really was something special.
They had practised, via Baldurs Gate, how to make the game flow really well, and they jumped to 3D graphics and sound. Just getting all the extra Star Wars storyline (years before ‘Episode 1’/JarJar) was awesome

2 Likes

@heroesandvillians67
The best immersive RPG with a solid story and the most impressive atmosphere is “Gothic”. Especially the first two. But let’s get back to topic please.

the sense of dread in Myth (II) is something i’ve not seen since in any non-horror game. Oblivion had some; really liked that. Not Skyrim. Not Fallout NV. Not FO4. DA and its children at times but then they became farcical.

Not KCD ; minus the sacking and runaway quests, things aren’t that bad in Bohemia. the Bernard, Robard, and Sebastian quests get at ridding the enemies. they are static camps. they don’t probe, pillage and kill NPCs in village/town/hamlet/isolated homes. so they never seem to pose any existential threat to your fellow Bohemians.

come on there are 3 Cuman camps in the Talmberg huntsman’s forest., and he’s worried about local poachers. and the inn, on the outskirts of said forest, is fretting about getting more game (meat)

really wish there were a war situated RPG that better conveyed an existential dread and threat.

1 Like

Yeah my bad.

I agree. A sense of dread, outside of the few scripted events, would be awesome to experience in KCD. The game has such great foundations to make that happen. Perhaps future DLC or Modders may have an opportunity. Skyrim did it-to a point…with the Vampire DLC (forgot the name). So I believe it could be possible. But a lot of re-scripting would have to happen.

2 Likes