Please change this in future versions

i really hope WH make Hussite Wars and Thirty Years War… the latter was truly devastating: killing, famine, disease. the basic elements to an existential threat and at its core it dealt with a timely issue, (in)tolerance and religious tension (a culmination of tension that comes to light in KCD)

yea it might have been good fun to hunt heretics, or better still murder heretic hunters. Also i do agree you start with it but then feels like the dread of war soon wears off quickly, when you become the Doctor Manhattan of Bohemia.

One of my favorite movies too. Would love to see a crusades game in the style of KCD.

I can think of one market it would not sell well…

@frelmedieval
“Apocalypse Now” could be such a war RPG.

As an American, watching American TV and movies… it is ridiculous how often we see Brits and Aussies and Afrikaners playing Americans… so, yeah, I get it. But english is, oddly, the lingua franca of the entertainment industry… and I think heavily accented english might be more immersive for Americans… I think the use of American English and lack of heavy accents makes me think of what I would be hearing if I were a Czech listening to Czech spoken by Czech. They wouldn’t hear an accent… unless you wanted to get into regional stuff.

It was a fair choice and if Pharoah wants to start a project to over-dub all the voiceover… he should talk to devs to see what he needs to do that.

The best movies come from Europe. Of course there are many good movies from America and Asia aswell, but generally european movies are better.

Yes! Could not agree MORE Get rid of American Voices, really detracts from an otherwise great Game. Surely there are already ENOUGH! games with them?

Europeans don’t even understand movies… so… as a European… I understand why you are confused. Now… take a moment to peruse Highlander 2, or Starship Troopers… and you will understand good movies.

immersion was lost when WH decided not to use the language of Chaucer for the English dialogue

Er that I ferther in this tale pace,
Me thynketh it acordaunt to resoun
To telle yow al the condicioun
Of ech of hem, so as it semed me,
And whiche they weren, and of what degree,
And eek in what array that they were inne;
And at a knyght than wol I first bigynne.

2 Likes

:laughing:

When my child was younger I enjoyed reading to her often. (Still do)

Some of the ‘old english’ stuff was VERY HARD to read out loud and get emphasis right.
Phoenix and the Carpet I think was one we never finished…

Wow, Americans don’t like RPGs? That’s one heck of a generalisation! There are several KCD YouTubers out there that would disagree. That said, I also find the US, Australian etc accents immersion breaking and would prefer English with a Hungarian, Bohemian or German accent. It’s annoying especially in a game that prides itself on being as faithful to history as this one does. However, this will not change, it is what it is!

That would make the emershion into the game even deeper, they made the right move based on sales. There fan base are mostly from English speaking countries. From an economic, game development, and future growth of a game series point of view. Your best bet is to cater to the largest portion of your fan base.

I think a compromise could be reached, if there were any automatic speech to speech translator. They have had this technology on a phone that came out a couple years ago. Maybe Microsoft could corner the market and be the first out the gate with a translator box, that connects to the XBOX Connect port. PlayStation could do it as well. Either would be fine, because the other would follow suit.

@DantedellaBroadway
Europeans don’t even understand movies? What the hell are you talking about?! And no, Highlander or Starship Troopers (whose director is from the Nederlands) are no examples for good movies.

Watch:
Léon the Professional (France)
The Invisible Guest (Spain)
The Body (Spain)
Julia’s Eyes (Spain)
Drive (Danmark)
Only God Forgives (Danmark)
The Neon Demon (Danmark)
Stereo (Germany)
Berlin 1 (Germany)
Suburra (Italy)
Millennium Trilogy (Sweden)
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Italy)
Once upon a Time in the West (Italy)
The Great Silence (Italy/Germany)
The Tenant (France)
Suspiria (Italy)
The Sentinel (Britain)
True Love Ways (Germany)
Goodnight Mommy (Austria)
Amer (Belgium/France)
Let the Right One in (Sweden)
The Neverending Story (Germany)
The Boat (Germany)
The Bridge (Germany)
The Pianist (France/Poland)
La vita è bella (Italy)
Generation War (Germany)
The name of the Rose (Germany)
Jean de Florette & Manon of the Spring (France)
Metropolis (Germany, with re-score by “The New Pollutants”)
Maximilian (Germany/Austria) - Very similar to Kingdom Come
Michael Kohlhaas (Germany/France/Danmark) - Very similar to Kingdom Come
The Red Turtle (Nederlands/France/Belgium/Japan)
The Turin Horse (Hungary)
Werckmeister Harmonies (Hungary)
Sátántangó (Hungary)
The Man from London (Hungary)
Damnation (Hungary)
Marketa Lazarová (Czech)

@Nanny_Oggins
Americans like only mainstream/high fantasy RPGs like Skyrim. But they can’t understand why Gothic is the best RPG.

1 Like

Please stay on topic or Create a new topic.
Thank you.

Ya, what he said. Take it to off topic.