Please give us the game option to save whenever we please, without savory schnapps

TheAntiZealot, Thanks for responding back, but I already knew about that trick and it’s a huge immersion breaker. I tried it a while back, hated it and won’t use it again. For me, that’s just a big waste of time. Back to square one!

Well, if you’re unwilling to use any of the four different save methods available to you in-game, and (understandably) don’t want to mod your game and risk breaking it, I really don’t think there is a solution for you. :man_shrugging:

Save-scumming was a feature they very intentionally prevented when they designed the game, to give actual weight to your decisions. I was a player who habitually hit F5 throughout all other RPGs, and personally I’ve found that the save methods in KCD make me much more cautious.

As a parent of a small child, I am glad they added the exit save feature. That, at least, made the game playable within my current life.

1 Like

Save scumming is save scumming, it’s immersion breaking either way.

The devs have made it clear they are not changing the save system, we were lucky to get a save on exit.

2 Likes

AflicTed, Then keep enjoying the game as is. And again, that’s your opinion on save scumming, not mine. Save scumming is awesome, time saving and not immersion breaking at all, for me anyway.

Hey guys and gals, I posted this for Warhorse Studios specifically., so please respect other peoples posts, weather in agreement or not. After all, I’m the one not playing the game.

Good for you Keegan! At least they offered something that works out better for you, but unfortunately, not yet for me. I’m a very cautious player too, I always have been, but there are a plethora of bad things that can happen and beyond the player’s control, no matter how much we prepared in advance. I’ll just keep waiting and hoping for the best. Now I’m off to play some more Hitman 2, as there are no shortages of games for me to play, the way I want to play. Happy gaming to you!

1 Like

Another give-me-all-and-now blockhead…

Talking about yourself again ilya 1502? Self deprecation is honorable and commendable.

I play Roguelikes so i am 100% comfortable with losing a character and all progress due to a tiny mistake.

Honestly, I feel like the Exit Save is too forgiving. I play on hardcore (first playthrough) and Exit Save can be abused to extremes. But seriously, when used honestly the Exit Save should make it impossible for anyone to lose two hours of progress.

I like it as it is now, more realistic

1 Like

Mick81, Good for you! Choices we make in life are realistic too.

TheAntiZealot, Again, that’s your opinion and not mine. In this game, a player can easily lose 2 hours of gameplay, especially early on in the prolougue story in Skalitz.

You know you can save&exit, then just reload the game from there right, no saviour schnapps needed, no bed needed.

Use Save and Quit, if you die, ALT + F4.
You’re welcome :slight_smile:

KC:D is not just another action-RPG. It is “immersion sim” - opportunity to live some time in medieval Bohemia, and not in worst possible social status.

So, all mechanics are tied to this decision - game should be immersive. IRL our beloved Henry would have ONE life. So, he won’t try to train in prologue, farming hundreds of groshen, because it is the risk to end in prison, and he won’t reload. He won’t reload in an unlucky fight, in a failed dialogue and etc. That’s the point. You still can save&load - with special drink. And it was restricted on purpose. Don’t like this - use mods, which add ability to save without drinking. Or don’t play the game. You have already bought it anyway, and KC:D 2 is something, staying deep in the field of uncertainty, so I don’t think, devs would be shocked by the news that RobertEmerald won’t buy this game some day in the future.

2 Likes

deus_rsf, Never, but you do. You’re welcome!

Logist, No, you play it that way, but I won’t! Scum saving for me, is very immersive and the only way I choose to play games. And lastly, I already own the game with all the DLC’s. I suggest you read, before you speak or assume things.

“Savescumming” is the opposite concept of “immersion”. I don’t blame such players in general, and used to play this way some time ago, but… that’s not the right game to do this.

And, yes, I saw that you already bought this game. And that’s the trick here: you ALREADY PAYED devs for it. You may play, you may not play, it doesn’t matter anymore. Your money is there it should be. Period.

1 Like

Actually I’m the hardcore gamer type ^^ I don’t savescam. It was a major issue for me with the Elder Scrolls series by the way, there was a mod that allowed saving only by sleeping to beds, but it was a bit broken sadly. Still better than nothing I guess however.

deus_rsf, Hardore gamer is a broad term and can be interpreted in many ways. Someone who plays 10 hours a day everyday is considered a hardcore player too, as just one example. Anyway, from one hadrcore player to another, you just keep playing games your way, as I will play them my way. Some players even get a rush from killing themselves in a million different ways too, but that’s not my cup of tea. Just imagine if you only had one life and were forced to play the game from start every time you died… Most players would never complete the game in their real lifetimes. No thank you! To each their own!

You made your point, you want a more saves. We got it. You are flogging a dead horse now, there is no more kick in that horse. The majority of the posts like the game as is. Your opinions are yours and should be respected and no one needs to be uncivil or disrespect a person for voicing a preference.

1 Like