Please help me avoid wasting more time!

Have you ever thought about loading an older save? It is possible, really. And Runt … yes, that is how commander is called. You did not pay much attention to the story, did you?

3 Likes

Who do think it was that nearly killed you in Skalitz? Peter Pan? you even get to know his name if as @Kraven ask, did you not pay attention to the happening in the game?

2 Likes

I don’t remember everybody’s name in this game. I’ve only ran into him one other time before now, and it was during the very first mission of the game. So you’ll have to forgive me for not remembering somebody’s nickname from 10 missions ago. Yes, I know I can restart the mission from an earlier save. The entire point of this post was to avoid continuously doing that. I’m so tired of starting missions over from earlier saves because I didn’t know what to bring, or how many. Or some nuance about where to be at the right time. This is all pretty lame stuff to be honest. I’m not very satisfied after I beat quests because they’re too easy once I know some minor detail about the quest.

You guys can say “well this game isn’t for you”, but I’m going to be honest, this game was marketed way differently than it actually is. I thought these mechanics were going to be really complex and challenging. Instead, it’s just busy work. The difference between a level 1 and a level 10 archer, is just a matter of clicking a mouse button over and over. Boooooo!

All the stuff people complained about being too hard , is basically the only stuff I actually liked. The lock picking was at least fun because there was an actual mechanic to it, and it was challenging. Come to find out, they made it easier because people complained about it. What a bunch of Sally’s.

Then stop playing and do another game.
Have you ever fired a Bow IRL? You know how to get better with a bow IRL by " clicking that bowstring" with an arrow on it a few hundred times. I have gone though it myself IRL. I don’t do H.E.M.A. but I am willing to say they get better with their weapons by…guess what…practice and knowing about their weapon and its history. How do you get better and advance IRL? Knowing things and details to be better at what you do. The game goes and tried to mimic this.

1 Like

You had to hear Runt’s name many times during investigation of Neuhof events.

Otherwise I don’t understand. Lockpicking is fun, because it consists of pressing button and aiming with mouse. And archery is not fun, because it consists of … pressing mouse button and aiming with mouse. Is it like keyboard buttons are more fun than mouse buttons?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s much different. When I shoot the bow, i’m just tapping a mouse button. It’s not as longshot describes “like shooting a bow IRL”. When you shoot a bow in real life, you are facing a physical challenge. You need to breathe, have good physical strength and posture etc. When you’re lockpicking in the game, you’re basically executing a similar task to lock picking IRL. You’re not just clicking a button once, you’re moving it in motion and you have to develop a skill for it. In other words, after I pick 100 locks, I will be much better at lock picking. After I shoot 100 arrows, I’m the same as I was the first time. It’s way different. These distinctions matter , because one is challenging, the other isn’t. <~ All of this is a side issue btw, the only reason I mention this is because you tried some “gotcha” statement about lockpicking vs archery. This isn’t about that. This is about quests being easy after I know some minor detail , or random piece of information, and it’s lame.

And yes, I will stop playing. I was hoping somebody was going to say “you can learn about what’s required to complete quests by doing XXX”. Basically you’re all telling me I’m playing the game properly, and I’m just supposed to fail, learn what to bring, and then easily defeat the mission once I know what to bring. Boring.

Goodbye and farewell on your next game. :wave: & Don’t buy any loot boxes, even cosmetic.

1 Like

You are TAPPING mouse button? Doesn’t archery work like holding mouse button to draw and releasing it to release the arrow? Doesn’t you hand shake, so you have to aim during drawing and release as quickly as possible, but only after full draw? Doesn’t you aim shake less when you are on higher level?

1 Like

too boring to get to there.
I admit I use robinhood mod ( no shaking as one thing on it) and the bow reticle mod. You still hafta learn the correct hold over for each bow type and arrow combo at range and to remember a short draw is a weak hit. How to do this?..practice with a mouse button( or on my case a button on my Controller linked to my PC)

1 Like

No, the archery is much easier for me. I was able to win the most challenging archery competition the second time I ever played one. I’m still using the first bow I started with, and the free arrow’s. I’ll log in right now and show you if you don’t believe me. Nothing about the archery is challenging for me. I’ll say this again as not to confuse anybody who may come across this thread later. I DO NOT care about comparing archery to lockpicking. The lockpicking is easy as well. I was just giving you an example of something I found in this game that was actually interesting. Nothing else is interesting. Every other skill just continues to level up through repetition. NO other game I own does this. I can’t think of any other game I own where the difference between winning or losing was as simple as bringing some extra arrow’s. It’s not very impressive.

Also, Goodbye to you longshot. Thank you for your help, even though you’re being sarcastic and suggesting I like games with lootboxes or something. I’ve never played a game with lootboxes. Battlefield has battlepacks, but they’re just skins for weapons , and they’re acquired for free. So I’m not sure what you’re going on about. Thanks anyways.

Ok, so if you are so good in archery, why don’t you use it against Runt? People find it easiest. Aim for his unprotected head and after each shot run away from him.

1 Like

those ARE paid loot boxes and feed the greed of the greedy publishers who value their stock holders over you cash cow cattle instead of making a great game.

BECAUSE I used my arrow’s fighting the other archers. NOW YOU SEE MY POINT. All I need to do is load the game earlier, go back into town, bring EXTRA ARROWS, and wala. Quest complete. THIS HAS BEEN THE WHOLE GAME FOR ME. I’ve said this a million times already.

No, they’re not paid lootboxes. It’s a gimmick progression. A skin doesn’t determine whether or not you win. You do not need a weapon skin to beat the game. This is not a thread about Battlefield, as much as I know you want to avoid talking about KCD.

In a non hard core run I made weeks ago I raised my unarmed to max and as I pointed out the 7 seconds of clear took a rage potion and punched Runt to death. Got him a corner and kept up my stam. and went “medieval” on him.

1 Like

I don’t know how to help you more. You probably played as archer, but suddenly you decided not to use a bow. Instead you decided to play as melee warrior, but you can’t beat the boss like that. You could load older save, work more on your fighting skills and then try it again, but you don’t want to.

And you are stuck. In the midst of battle. Forever lost, because you don’t want to take any of many possible ways out. What to do with you?

2 Likes

I pointed out repeatedly about KCD. Just not the KCD you want to hear. Belgium Banned even cosmetics in overwatch. ya, just cosmetics, over a better made game.

YES , Because I ran out of arrow’s after I fought the Archers during the first battle. I’ve said this like one million and one times now. I’m very frustrated because I WISH I KNEW TO BRING MORE ARROW’S BEFORE. I’m tired of loading the game to earlier saves so I know what to bring, and then easily run through the quest. The only difference is bringing some extra arrow’s. Yes yes yes yes yes yes, go back to my first post, I’ve been talking about this the whole time. WHERE CAN I FIND the information required to defeat the quests before I start them? Is the only way to find out how many arrows, or what sword, or armor, or where to stand at the right time, by playing it and finding out? Or do people just watch other people play it on youtube and then easily defeat it? ??

I do not care about cosmetics. I have every skin in Battlefield 1 and I have never used any of them, and I haven’t ever payed for any of them. I don’t like gold weapons in a WW1 game. I like the original vanilla weapon skins. And I play the game and build a skill. Come play, I’ll show you. I’ll bet you there is NO AMOUNT OF INFORMATION anybody could give you that would allow for you to beat me in that game. You have to play it and get good.

how many arrows did you bring? 6? I always carry at least 50. Even Back in my D&D days I carried a lot of arrows.
KCD isn’t the only game where people look up others plays and posts. What do you do or say about those games?

1 Like