Please help me avoid wasting more time!

Btw, please stop changing the subject and talking about overwatch and battlefield. A mod is going to lock this thread, and there might actually be somebody on this forum who knows what I’m looking for. There has to be. There’s no way this game is this easy. It must become more challenging later on.

I brought about 30 or 40 arrows, but I shot out about a dozen archers. They all take about 3 arrow’s to down, and I probably missed a few times while being attacked.

Then don’t do it. I myself have never done it. Most players don’t do it. Game is normally playable without it.

I do hope the Great @Blacksmith brings down the mighty hammer of locking. thread is deadlocked.

1 Like

Right, that’s because people watch tutorials, and let’s play videos. I don’t want to find out information about a quest by watching somebody play it, or asking somebody who already beat it. That’s cheating in my eyes. I want to know where to find out this information so I don’t have to re-start the quest after I know to bring 10 extra arrows, or stand in the right place at the right time, or bring specific armor, or make sure i have my horse etc. I’m playing the game the hard way with no help. Even now i’m not asking you to tell me how to beat the quest. I’m asking you where to find the information about what’s required to beat the quest. I’m annoyed at how easy this game is once you know a small piece of information. In this instance, If i just brought some extra arrow’s, I would have beat the quest first try.

Thank you for your help guys. There’s nothing more you can help me with. I’m sure. I appreciate the time. I thought I was missing something. I guess not.

1 Like

Yes, not me. I don’t want a mod to lock a thread because you’re upset with me about a disagreement about what we consider to be difficult or challenging. Just because we disagree on what’s considered “challenging” doesn’t mean a mod should lock the thread. Maybe somebody else knows what I’m looking for and can help me. Just because you can’t help me doesn’t mean nobody else can.

I see no point in circle arguing. you still didn’t reply about other games where people look up things about it for tips. like in KCD.
Also the comment about loot boxes is just about feeding greed publishers avaricious pockets and not support their multi million dollars bonus.
67% of EA revenue come from FIFA 18 player packs. Activision, Dice and more jumped on the loot box gravy train ,even if just cosmetic loot boxes.

% correction

1 Like

Well this is my thread. You’re always free to leave at any time. I’m frequenting the thread because I started it… I didn’t think we were arguing. I thought we were debating the definition of “challenging”. Unlike you, I don’t wish to shut down the conversation because I disagree with somebody. I’m always open for debate or new ideas.

I told you I was thankful for your help, and wished to stay on topic precisely so that the thread didn’t get ruined. I hope you don’t make a habit of joining threads, and arguing with the OP so you can call for a mod to shut it down after you’re finished. That’s not appropriate.

At the moment the discussion is “civil”. Like it should be…

You don´t need more arrows. You can loot every dead archer. There are hundreds of arrows on the battle field.
If you are weak (armor, skill, ect. ) stay away from the trouble. Manage you health and equipment (loot!). You don´t need to kill every NPC personally. You can play this battle and the complete game only with one kill(archievement). There is only commander Runt you have to kill… :wink:

1 Like

Like everything in real life things are learned and a person develops a skill. KCD is not real life but does attempt to make the game realistic. If you are so easily frustrated that you are not a mega warrior at game start then KCD may not be the game for you.

1 Like

That’s because there’s not a single way to do it! You just learn from experience.
In example, my way to do that quest is much more simple than explained here.
Your choices are really important here. Good armor, good weapon and good judgements.
IE:
When reporting to Sir Radzig previous to attack if you didn’t do a good scouting you will be attacking the hard way.
Personally I don’t use a bow, it’s tooooo weak attacking and you will suffer severe losses to health since you spent your stamina shooting arrow and got seriously exposed to melee attacks.

This mission in fact should be really easy if you do good scouting, sabotage all the arrows and eating pots.

Then, you can just stay behind the soldiers and they do literally ALL the hard work. Then you just fight Runt.

I do the hard way (all the opposite here) just because I like to take all the risks in this game and after I have experienced this is really easy

Not sure why you get so low before battling with Runt

If you’re averse to dying, then you need to learn how to battle (by grinding) before you start nest of vipers.

9 times? I did it in one go. I don’t know what are you doing, but use potions when you can. And fight smart.

Dude Runt is not that hard. Did you do the master strikes training with Cpt. Bernard? Master Strikes and Feints will destroy him easily. Also if you have the headcracker perk there is a chance you will straight up put him down with one blow to the head.

I can understand the bad save points complaint but, the sword fighting, you just need to get gud. You don’t level it up by “blindly swinging” at anything. Proficiency makes no difference and you aren’t going to “magically” become better. The only way you are going to improve is by unlocking and memorizing every sword combo/technique that your character learns through leveling up your sword proficiency. Stop blindly swinging and make every swing a careful precise attack. Make your first swinging from the opposite stance/position the enemy has their weapon. Use fake outs. Start an attack holding your weapon one direction and quickly reverse the direction before you swing. Don’t just block but, make every block a perfectly time parry and follow up with a combo. If you can’t cant finish a combo, dont keep swinging and wasting stamina. Poke with first 2 swings of your combo and keep stamina up untill you get an opening to follow through the full combo. Be prepared to parry every time he starts a swing. You parry by pressing block exactly when you see the green marker flash on screen then you have a slowed down moment when you can rip into him. You can be max level in everything but if you don’t understand the combat you won’t succeed. There are plenty of fighting tutorials on YouTube. Watch some and seriously practice at perfecting the combos you learn and parrying. This is mandatory. Don’t ever think you can defeat an opponent with a blind swing. I like combat on here. It’s not easy but I have no real complaint.

1 Like

XBox One Patch 1.43
Baptism of Fire was one of the quests I put off for quite some time.
It’s been a while, but I remember walking into the camp and meeting with my bandit contact only to be cut down…Game Over.
Realized that was a bad choice, so I tried sneaking around and killing the Cumans I could and sabatoging what I could and poison food, but kept getting killed.
So, I stopped trying to complete that quest until I had more strength, stamina, better weapons, potions and armor.
Potions can give you the edge you need.
YouTube videos on DLC game play can be very helpful.
Even though I waited to complete this quest, I still had a difficult time completing it.
It helped that I used a Savior Schnapps at the gate of Prebeslovitz, so when I got killed that game started there. After about 3 fails, I realized I had to change my strategy as to where to focus my kills.
Taking out the archers was a priority and consuming potions that increased health and stamina allowed me to complete the quest.
It was the hardest quest I completed so far and also the most fun.

RPG are like this. Many games are like this. In a good RPG you need to take care of what people say, your actions have consequence, you can fail quests if you aren’t prepared enough. In a good RPG you need to be smart and think and use your memory. Would you in real life run into a massive fight naked, untrained and with a pitchfork ?
If you can’t stand loosing time better prepare yourself before (try gamepressure game guide for example if you don’t fear to be spoiled).

This is a game, but it does try to imitate real life. How often in your life do you know exactly what to do when faced with a new situation? Life is about living and learning, KCD tries to imitate that.

The original post and the discussion are a bit different…

1 - Suggestion to devs - Fighting Runt
It is true the game could give more time to use a Marigold potion, etc. Not a lot, but a bit.

( Personally, I fought him with about half health. I first tried the patient riposte approach, but it was not going well, so suddenly I lost patience and raged on him and it worked! He stumbled back and could not riposte while I ended him. Felt like I had gained a Dark Side point but for a good cause.)

2 - Combat :

The game gives decent description (text descriptions for blunt weapons example), but there are some things missing that I discovered only on the Internet. Stamina soaks damage and knowing that totally changes your success in combat! The devs could consider making that clearer for new players. Someone who begins playing in Hard mode will therefore suffer even more, as I think you do not see the Stamina bar (unless that is just on Streamer mode). Back peddle often to regain your Stamina and avoid being flanked. Sometimes breaking lock and sprinting is the best option (you can even stealth at night after running out of combat mode [icon on top]).

It is not made obvious enough, in-game, that the longsword combos only work two-handed.
I almost always fail my combos anyhow: I can still crush a whole camp without them.

As others have said, until you are highly geared and trained, be logical. Use stealth knockouts/kills in Cumin/bandits camps (you do not even need a dagger, but you can find one on enemies anyhow). Even at level 20, at the end of the main quest, I used mostly stealth kills and my bow, though I did not have to honestly: I could have put on my heavier armor and crushed them all with my holy mace of vengeance (Normal mode).

All in all, the first encounters are really dangerous… especially around Skalitz!
Once Henri is well trained, it actually becomes too easy.

1 Like

Until you have a horse - travel light, get stamina, run away.
After you have a horse - ride away.
If you want to fight: get lots of savior schnapps. You will usually see an ambush or combat before the game puts you in it (i.e. no crossed swords). Suck down a schnapps and fight.

I can’t tell you the number of times I have declined combat because the last thing I want is to blow an hour of game play because I lost out to bandits. If I am riding and I stumble into something I just keep riding.

Don’t use fast travel, as that will really put you into the middle of it without warning. When you are riding or walking you can see things in advance. You get to decide to use a schnapps or not, you get to decide how to attack them, and you get to decide whether to just avoid. It sounds tedious, but IMHO it’s not. In hardcore, after learning the paths, I can get from point A to point B on the map (Al Buraq with racehorse perk is awesome) in minutes. Riding Al Buraq at full speed is fun just on its own.

2 Likes