Poll: Main Characters face, Yay or Nay?

Hi, personally I don’t like Henry’s face. Average is fine, and expected based on the premise of this game, but I don’t think this face in particular is a good look for an RPG protagonist, who is supposed to fit different play styles and personalities (murder vs peaceful resolution, etc). He looks too dopey and weird to me.

I’ve been told they added facial hair, but that this face is final. I just want to see what people think of it overall.

I don’t think we forum plebs can make direct polls, so I did it on strawpoll: (POLL ENDED)

EDIT: FINAL RESULT:

56% Say they do not like it.

32% Say they do like it.

12% Say they don’t care.

The majority do not like the main characters face.

2 Likes

Okay look at the “latest” Henry.

And look at the older one (Alpha/beta):

And now the new one (Video):

The same face different light:

And now with his new haircut:

I like the “old” (from Alpha/Beta) face, but it is too old. Henry is around 18years old. The latest faces fits good the age.
The new one will rock! :smile:

1 Like

At this moment I dont care about faces anymore, as loong as everything else is good !

1 Like

I don’t think fitting the age is good enough. Trauma and stress can “age” people, Henry looking older than an average 18 year old woudln’t shock me, based on what he went through. The old face I can see fitting multiple courses of action, good or bad, not so much with the new one though.

Depends on… :smile:

At the start of the game:
Henry is a teen, with no worries or trouble. Longer Hair and no facial hair, no scars or scratches would be right.

After the attack at his town and loosing his family:
He looks a little older, maybe with facial hair.

In the beginning of the game there will be a quest in the monastery. To “play” the role of a monk he needs a hair cut!!:
After this he has the short hair. For the rest of the game, because KCD will last only some ingame weeks.

At the end of the game after some hard battle, maybe he will look like this:

It´s technical not a problem to give Henry a “progressive” face. I bet this will happen. Everything else would not be right and unexpected (for me). :wink:

3 Likes

Progression I don’t care about, that’s fine. I’m saying I don’t like the very facial structure I’m seeing, that won’t be changing.

Until it is confirmed that they have added some kind of progressive face system in place. (at least, that at a certain point in the game a new face/haircut/facial hair is loaded.)
Don’t try to blow it out of proportions. Look at Mount and Blade Bannerlord, barely any info is released of the game but the community is talking about a lot of systems that might not even be in the game, or were ever planned. So just be careful not to over hype :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Where did you find the ‘latest’ Henry from with the facial hair? I didn’t see any hair in the last livestream.

4 Likes

Hey i really Don’t like his new face eirther but im hoping when we get a helmet his face should be covered so i won’t have to see it all the time!

5 Likes

You have to check the Weekly Torch: :slight_smile:

A big pool/source for extra information. You have to read between the lines…

Yes, there is no confirmation, but sometimes no answer is like a yes… :wink:

WH wants a preseted face, without custamisation from the player, this would fit together.

I expect “nothing” but I am everytime surprised. I like their way,… no matter if there will be bugs or other problems. :blush:

2 Likes
  • This is useful
  • This is pointless
  • I like tacos

0 voters

While I still think he’s not good protagonist material, the facial hair does help him become a bit more serious, albeit still doughy and young.

Henry looks good now with facial hair but his hairstyle still seems to me too modern tho
but I am ok with this Henry

Hi Blacksmith,
can I ask where exactly you found the picture with “latest” Henry? I can’t find it in weekly torch. Thanks.

It was available in the torch for some time, I exchanged the picture to another one.

Ok, thanks for your answer.

I get where you’re coming from. He kinda looks like a preppy teen from the OC or something like that

“Latest Henry” as @Blacksmith pointed out, does look better IMO. That’s probably down to him looking a little bit older with the help of some facial hair. But structurally his face and general features are really bland. Which is perhaps exactly what the devs are going for? :smirk:

Either way, there’s been considerable improvements over each sequential iteration of Henry. So I’m not overly bothered

its alpha facial hair then current in game in that order
and alpha is by far the best face

What might be quite important is facial animation. At this stage, there seems to be none of that, which probably makes him look so bland. But with proper facial animations, his face can get much more lifelike and menacing/calming/threatining… whatever will be needed.

True… that’ll certainly play a part.

But the new look makes alpha / beta Henry look like a badass in comparrison! …so hopefully we see further refinement to the new look. I think a happy medium between old and new would be a nice compromise

4 Likes