Poll: Styles for Kingdom Come Deliverance cover art

7 Likes

I have the same criticism you have of my preference, that seems more like a poster.

Someone linked this earlier, but didn’t post it directly:

6 Likes

You really took it personally, didn’t you. You can like whatever you like, I’m not trying to convince you.

??

Same criticism = Took it personally? The only thing you said that I didn’t take simply as us having differing taste was the “it’s too dark” thing, which doesn’t make any sense to me.

I’d prefer more of a focus on Henry on his horse than the KCD logo. Other than that, something like that would be my first choice. I’m surprised they didn’t include that image as one of the options.

1 Like

No it looks good but very generic nothing that would impress me in store

5 as a cover :о)

Since my very first visit, I love this variant it should be keep as this one :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/variant/motiv-game-detail/2016/03/digital-standard-detail.png

3 Likes

I like 1 and 6 because it seems that it’s really about this hero and it’s not a strategy. Something like Crysis for example.

Voted 4 but No. 5 looks also fine and couldnt decide which one.
No1. is also nice but strongly reminds me Assasin creed so I decided not to vote for it.

1. age of empires / total war
  2. book cover of historic novel
  3. book cover of romance
  4. strategy game
  5. RPG game - the hero is somehow anonymous, it represents conflict, personal lost and knights, also looks like period painting which is unique - it looks like Kingdom come (maybe the gothic arch in the background could be complete and not cut off)
  6. medieval music on vinil

Hi there,

2-4 looks in my opinion too much like “gone with the wind”

My favourite is Number 5 - the broken hero style

although 6 is also very good, very clear with a medieval - martial touch

Greetings
Tim

1 - Bad idea - looks like Assasin Creed IP
2 - Not bad at all (my second favorite)
3 - bad merging backgroud with foreground, have not border, strange flow of objects
4 - My favorite, perfect for me - medieval theme, war, there is all neccessary things
5 - Old famous theme, but for novice says nothing. A bit depressive for newbie
6 - Not bad, but not so easy to recognize

I Voted for 6 (Henry’s Head in Profile). It is clean and fresh, different from other covers for medieval/fantasy games which tend to be more complex.
I like it because it will stand out. It is clear it is about a knight, rather than a strategy game (they generally will show a battle or several characters together). Also I can tell that the armour is accurate because I like armour. The accuracy speaks to me of the possible quality of the game.
The simplicity shows confidence in what you have made.

My second Pick is #1 though it is less clean.

2, 3 and 4 all look like strategy game covers to me and the genre has plenty of those around.
5 I dislike for two reasons, one it makes the game appear to be primarily about religion (It is in part to be a faithful to the medieval setting), two the character appears to be surrendering which is something I wouldn’t be after in a game. It is my least favorite.

This is why I think #6 is the best choice.

I would suggest doing some versions of #6 with different emotions. The contemplation of this one is nice but I wonder what one with a battle cry would look like? That emotion might help sell that the game has action.

1 Like

No. 1 is incredibly generic
I voted for no. 5 as I like the emphasis on the sword while still allowing you to make story relevant background.
I also like the style of no. 3 just that the Henry and Cuman looks a bit off. I would meaby put a Henry from cover no. 4 there instead.

Actually having looked above I agree that #1 is too similar to other game covers such a Medieval II Total War. Last thing you want it to have people think it is a strategy game. I’d stick with a single character to push that it is an RPG/ACTION game.

I wouldn’t worry so much about 100% accurately representing the game on the cover, that’s what the back cover description and images are for. #1 thing is to get every RPG/Action game fan to pick it up. Then they can buy it on it’s merits. While It’s not intended to be mainstream that doesn’t mean it can’t make it big by tapping into something people didn’t know they wanted. After all there haven’t been many realistic Medieval RPG games

1 Like

That’s the best variant I’ve seen of that cover.

I picked 6, because of all those pictures, it sure is the most special one. Others look generic and/or boring, while this one is the best one from an artistic look on it, in my opinion. It says a lot about the game too. The game is not like the others, it’s actually one of a kind, the only one in it’s special genre and Cover 6 is the only one to support that fact.

1 Like

No2: I love the colouring
No5: The broken Henry is characteristic for the game