Poll: Styles for Kingdom Come Deliverance cover art

1. total war jumped to my head so I didnt like it because it wasnt original.
  2. cought my eye with the colours, looks little bit like a movie cover but I think its best. It hints to me a deep story.
  3. also cought my eye but on the second look not that interesting. Probably because of the one color. Also it looks to me like fantasy.
  4. just meh. I dont even know why. Just didnt find anything special on it.
  5. I like it but it didnt cought my eye. But I thnik my judgement here is compromised by the fact i have seen this before in your materials so i havent found it that special.
  6. this one is hard. On one side i like it but on other I see just another basic not so special action game or RPG.

For me number two is the best it cought my eye and the movie feel seem great to me. Thight second place is number five with great art but I would have to turn over the box to see what the game actualy is.

I donā€™t like 1 and 6 as the style (white background, detailed focus on the main character without too much art) reminds me of Assasins Creed which is something I would NOT grab in a store. I think the usage of golden/orange colours really rocks. I like number 3 for itā€™s stylization, but the poll leading 5 is great as well. Iā€™d like to see 3 at least as a poster, though.

No. 5 is my favourite. It has been symbol of Kingdom Come since the beginning and it also does not look like as an ordinary Holywood movie poster.

2 Likes

Replace dots behind numbers with brackets or something. For some reason this forum wonā€™t show numbers with dots behind them.

Are you partially blind?0_o

5 by default, not because it is great.
1 looks like Assassinā€™s Creed
2,3,4,6 look like cheesy movie posters (Cuman plus a girl in in 2,3 implies they are leading characters).
I want grief-stricken Henry, with burning Silver Skalitz pillaged and looted in the background (And battlefield with a raven and bodies for back cover artwork).

1 Like

5 is the best as it kind of letā€™s you imagine your own story for what is going on and letting on that the game is ā€œdeeper,ā€ which is what you want from an RPG (especially when the story is its important part). The others are just generally too keen on the fighting and too simplistically trying to be cool imo (and even slightly misrepresenting the content Iā€™d think).

7 Likes

I have the same criticism you have of my preference, that seems more like a poster.

Someone linked this earlier, but didnā€™t post it directly:

6 Likes

You really took it personally, didnā€™t you. You can like whatever you like, Iā€™m not trying to convince you.

??

Same criticism = Took it personally? The only thing you said that I didnā€™t take simply as us having differing taste was the ā€œitā€™s too darkā€ thing, which doesnā€™t make any sense to me.

Iā€™d prefer more of a focus on Henry on his horse than the KCD logo. Other than that, something like that would be my first choice. Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t include that image as one of the options.

1 Like

No it looks good but very generic nothing that would impress me in store

5 as a cover :Š¾)

Since my very first visit, I love this variant it should be keep as this one :stuck_out_tongue: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/variant/motiv-game-detail/2016/03/digital-standard-detail.png

3 Likes

I like 1 and 6 because it seems that itā€™s really about this hero and itā€™s not a strategy. Something like Crysis for example.

Voted 4 but No. 5 looks also fine and couldnt decide which one.
No1. is also nice but strongly reminds me Assasin creed so I decided not to vote for it.

1. age of empires / total war
  2. book cover of historic novel
  3. book cover of romance
  4. strategy game
  5. RPG game - the hero is somehow anonymous, it represents conflict, personal lost and knights, also looks like period painting which is unique - it looks like Kingdom come (maybe the gothic arch in the background could be complete and not cut off)
  6. medieval music on vinil

Hi there,

2-4 looks in my opinion too much like ā€œgone with the windā€

My favourite is Number 5 - the broken hero style

although 6 is also very good, very clear with a medieval - martial touch

Greetings
Tim