Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

You can mod a lot of things later if you don’t like them but if third person is missing you cannot create a mod that adds it … right?
Since I struggle a bit with first person (and since you see yourself in the dialogues anyways, why not?) I would really, really appreciate the 3rd person. I mean, for those who don’t like it at all they can switch it off in the settings?
If the final decision wasn’t made yet … please, please, please, please! :octopus:

1 Like

I love the idea of third person! I do love to be able to look at my character every now and then, I would probably travel about in third person, maybe some talking in third person, and definitely horse riding in both third and first person! Other than that, I would stay true to the original idea of it being first person, especially in combat. All in all, I would love to see 3rd person implemented into the game but I would probably never use it for combat.

3 Likes

I think it will be in the game. Warhorse has said themselves that it isn’t an issue of taking away time to implement anything else. It’s basically already in place, but they would have to iron out some things.

There’s no reason to object to it if it’s an OPTION and doesn’t impede development on anything else. Otherwise you’re just a selfish, asshole.

2 Likes

3rd person for viewing your character OK, for anything else nope, or give at least some minus for using it. Even just mentioning used 3rd person at the end of the game outside of the town or something like that would be ok with me.

3rd person would be great, because sometimes in 1st person you can’t see really good, for example in the deep forest. If it’s possible to fight in 3rd person, I wouldn’t say no. In Skyrim and Oblivion it worked very fine for me. But the best game experience will be with 1st person, of course!

They are currently considering 3rd person for horse riding:
source

google translate doesn’t mention anything about 3rd person, but i hope you’re right and they’re reconsidering. horse riding seems like the perfect place for it as well. negate the complications with switching camera when entering buildings, comabt, etc.

Since my opinion matters so much, I vote no. A 3D adjustable menu, like skyrims items, except for your character would be great.

Realistic doesn’t mean being able to peer around corners with a floating camera, or being able to see behind yourself. Does it?

Sorry, Dan mentions it in the VIDEO. In English. I do not speak german my self

it will be option so you can not use it or turn it off whatever

It just annoys me to think about anyone abusing the option. Why bother with a realistic RPG at that point? Why cater to those people?

1 Like

Some people do not consider 1st person without depth perception and peripheral vision much more realistic either :- ) And 3rd person view could help with both a little bit.

Also, realistic game doesn’t ment that everything is like in simulator. In War Thunder for example, you have Realistic Battle mode where is quite realistic flight model, damage model, loadout… etc. all in 3rd person view. Or new Dirt rally.

Beside this, we still have 3rd person in dialogs or when collecting herbs. This alone should be reason for optional 3rd person view. I would love both options, 1st person even in dialogs (would be super useful for Oculus users and Dark Messiah fans) or option to 3rd anytime while outdoors (excluding minigames).

2 Likes

It’s simply annoying when people use that argument. First person is still more realistic than a camera attached to a mini helicopter following you around, so please don’t pretend they’re equal. Having no peripheral vision makes a bit more sense than having eyes in the back of your head.

Additionally, it’s annoying that whenever someone favours realism, you feel the need to remind everyone that this isn’t a simulator, as if that’s a good enough reason to throw anything realistic out the window.

“Beside this, we still have 3rd person in dialogs or when collecting herbs. This alone should be reason for optional 3rd person view”

I don’t see how it’s current implementation is reason enough to make it even more prevalent. I’m opting for those to be removed as well, just FYI. Or as others have said, for it to be optional.

Honestly, this wouldn’t be a big deal at all, if it weren’t advertised as first person/realistic. But it was.

2 Likes

Im sorry that different opinions annoys you… well, perhaps Im not :smile:

I do not pretending anythig. Im just saying that I do not see 1sr person to be that much more realistic. It gives realistic feel but when you count plus and cons they are equal.
Yeah, people doesnt have eyes behind their back but I was rather talking about effectivness not how it look/feels.

Ironicaly, Im usualy on the other side, the one who wants more realism almost at any cost.
But I can help myself here as 3rd person view doesnt feel to me as something that throws realism out of the window as autoheal, super huge weapons, low gravity, no fall damage, dragons, purple sky etc. It is still on the level of realism as the rest of the RPG. I will perhaps play in 1st person but cant see why this shouldnt be an option.

Becouse currect 3rd person is 3rd person. If the only reason for not to implement it as an option would be that it is not realistic and KCD is realistic game where people do not have their eyes behind their back then this would make that point invalid.

If you are for removal of 3rd from dialogs too as optional… well I would personaly be happy to play this game entirely in 1st person view.

It was advertised as 1st person and it will be 1st person. 3rd person view would be just optional and wouldnt work everywhere kas devs said - indoors, minigames, archery).

I don’t recall saying differing opinions annoyed me. I explained that a couple of methods people use to argue this point, are annoying. Misrepresentation isn’t a nice thing to do.

What you said about the way it was advertise dis a bit strange. If that’s a fair thing to do, why have I never heard of fallout, or elder scrolls being advertised as first person? Third person is optional after all.

“when you count plus and cons they are equal.”

I disagree.

I dont think its misrepresentation - its almost the same in this case.

Why is Fallout measurement? Besides - the 3rd would be not only optional, but also restricted in certain situations.
Anyway, in my opinion, even full 3rd person option wouldnt ment that it cannot be mainly 1st person and being advertiset as such. Specially if they develop the game for 1st person and would add 3rd just as sideproduct, option for some.

I know you disagree. Just wanted to show you different attitue.

When I said misrepresentation, I was referring to you saying I have an issue with differing opinions.

If it takes no time from anything else, fine.

how is it abusing when it’s single player?

also, the realism argument really fails because this isn’t gameplay related. it’s closer to a screenshot mode than anything.

1 Like

If you don’t like third person camera, don’t use it. Don’t try to denigrate other people who want to use it, as if they are lesser fans of realistic RPGs, etc.

It’s a fucking option. I like switching between both. For those who don’t want to switch can stick to one or the other. Problem solved. Holy shit.

5 Likes

third person lol… anyway - implement it for the console folks…

but in my eyes it would be stupid. far less immersive. as long as first person stays in I am sold…