Poll: What should be our next stretch goal? What about 3rd person camera?

yep it should be disabled at least in combat

sure!! so where is the problem for you? you should play the game as you want :grinning:

The problem is, that the game will not only focused on the first person view. But that was a promise that warhorse gived. It is more important to keep one promise, than giving 10 persons a extra feature.

The time or the money will left on other important things. A gaming core will changed. Maybe the whole game changed because there willl be a other aiming group.

You should do politic, really. Comparing option of 3rd person view to dragons or lack of polearmsā€¦ You really should read something about it first. It would take you less time than thus rant.

Yes I compare it with dragons because a offer of third person view is a try to get more buyers by changing the game core.

i know what you mean, anyway i think if these gonna happen it will after the game is complete,functional and all the core thing are ok. Imho if the ppl want 3th person why not?

No, not at all. Its feature they already use to debug animation and stuff so they ask community if they want it too, with all the currect restriction that cames from game design as not being able to use it in the inetriors, minigames and such.

In other words, nothing would change except for the option. They wouldnt adapt the game for it. And its mainly already done and used by Warhorse. The game would still be 1st peron as that would be the only view you could use anytime (excpet in dialogs and when collect herbs where ā€” and to be honest, I wish those would be in 1st person view also).

So compare it to dragons seems to me pretty hysterical.

1 Like

But they said that for combat it will always be a first person. Also inside a buildings it will always be a first person. We are talking only about an option to switch view when you ride a horse or you want to see you character. Dont know why you would fight agianst it, when you could play the whole game in first person!

Thats not right, they said during combat.

[quote=ā€œNeon_Knight, post:751, topic:20355ā€]
Dont know why you would fight agianst it, when you could play the whole game in first person!
[/quote] I will repeat it. I am against it because the time and money which have to invest could left on optimizing the game, and we all know there is a long way there and there still left many features. I dont think we get all promised features until summer. And also after the promised features ther would be stuff which was more important for the first person lovers. All addiotinal features would make more effort with 2 views (The combat controls, all non-combat animations, character model with all armors ect. . The result could be that first person view get less and less attention. Donā€™t think developer have endless time and money to optimized both same way. To polish and optimize third person view isnt a simple task, it need effort now and in future. Why should the backer who fund a first person game wait longer or renounce other features?

The first person view still isnt optimized at all. No kill animations, no inercia, no helm vision, the combat animation is not polish, stealth jumping climbing and much more.

There are just 2 weapon implemented. Where are axe, shield, hammer, dagger, short sword, polearms, spear, crossbow. All these weapons has to fit with each other weapon. Dont believe it will implement until summer. The combat system isnt 5 percent finished. Because the time isnt enough they will not give us horse combat.

Where are the hunting system and that stuff?

Donā€™t believe that offer third person view would not affect first person player. They would indirect break a promise ( first person game) to less observe other promised things.

The poll shows that I am not the only guy who care about that. The most peoble which vote Yes give me third person just want the option to see character every time but would play in first person. Option for seeing character in third person is an task for modder.

hmmm

combat will still be first person. they didnā€™t break any promises.

If itā€™s just a matter of making already existing features available to the player, sure. But if it will take time to implement, test and debug, then can I ask if you have alternatives in mind?

Iā€™d much rather have KCD stick to its guns and deliver the most polished 1st person experience possible.

So in order for me to give a proper reply, Iā€™d first ask you: Can you give me a rough estimate of what youā€™d be prepared to offer instead of a 3rd person camera?

Another aspect Iā€™d like to raise is balance and fairness.

In first person view and on wearing a helmet you get the benefits of increased armour stats coupled with a deceased field of view.

In third person you would still reap the benefits of wearing a helmet but your view would not get obstructed.

This strikes me as possibly unfair and unbalanced.

Please read a little before you write. This is a reply from sir Vavra himself to complains about not concentrating on other stuff when 3rd would be implemented:

Its on this listā€¦

4 Likes

Oh man I have already read the whole thread. Dont be naive. This post was very old. The devs cannot give us all promised features until summer. Offer much effort stretch goals doesnt make sense. Oh yes right look on the page there arent stretch goals anymore. :scream:

Sad thing, there is no definitive Developer statement in this thread from the Devs themselves for now !

And btw as there joined players who joined due to the ā€œ1st Person-Onlyā€ Key feature:

as long as i joined here my goal was to achieve FULL 3rd Person view + Full Modding!

in the latest Past the Games that brought these keyfeatures to the Players were the most emphatised ones(Like Skyrim!) and if Modding will be enabled,and even if not, be aware that there will be guys who will add 3rd Person the sooner or later, depending how good the game is! And be sure about that one thing, iā€™ll be one of them who will investigate and take work+time in the topic, to get the most impressive experience in my eyes!

What really messed the most ā€œmainstreamā€ games in the past was the fact that they were multiplayer related and were in need of Balancing, and therefore modding/cheating what ever was prohibited, and that there were devs who were totally selfish and not openminded so they locked everything up or created half hearted things, that tore the players away! But in my eyes this is PURE Singelplayer, so why avoid guys getting what they want?

Really, all guys complaining against Full 3rd Person Cam on Choice of Player(as option/setting) are annoying me! ->You are the real ones who are ruining this game! (and why shouldnā€™t there be guys who manage it to create for eg something that the devs normally wouldnā€™t do? like a full created Cursade-Mod where the player travels to the holy land to fight against the moslems?.. be happy about everything, non-payed guys do in their freetime to make a game more impressive ! Sometimes it is the better Work! => if you donā€™t believe my words than look at : Skyrim, Gothic2, Farmingsim 2011-15, and Battle for Middle-eart 1+2 - after that you should have the same opinion)

kind regards
HKM

We are not sure about this topic yet. Optional 3rd Person view would be really easy to implement for us, because it is already in the game, we use this for development, and put in as an option to the player would be no big deal, we would not have to delete other topics from our agenda.
The game would be optimized for 1st Person view, not 3rd person view, as we suggest to play the game in 1st Person. However, there are two contra arguments about it:

1. Some people would expect to have the same detailed work in 3rd person as in 1st person so they could be unhappy about it, as we deliver a feature that is not as lovely detailed developed as other parts of the game. Most developers donĀ“t care about this, for example the controls are for console and pc, but optimised for gamepad and playing with mouse and keyboard is a pain in the ass in some games. We want to have it equally here. And we may not able to deliver our high quality standart in 3rd person gameplay.
  2. We promised a first person only game, and as you can see here, there are some people unhappy with changing from that idea. And this second point is the most important to us in that question.

So right now we are not sure about that topic, the decision about it is postponed to the future.

But: as you know, the game will be very open to the modding community, and if we will not deliver some officially 3rd person option, as we keep to our promise, you surely can expect some 3rd person mod from the community.

6 Likes

I bet you meant ā€œfirst person only gameā€

2 Likes

Have you considered a ā€˜screenshot modeā€™ as some of us suggested earlier in the thread? I.e. a third-person mode that could be used to take screenshots, but not for normal gameplay. Speaking personally, thatā€™s the main thing I would want to use 3rd-person for anyway.

1 Like

Maybe something in a sense like a photo mode from Shadow of Mordor.
Or Elite Dangerous outiside view, which is also only for screenshot purposes.

Iā€™d say it will all fall to whether there is time for bit of additional work.