[PS4][BUG] "The game ist still downloading"

How do you know it was the disc and not your PS4?

I preordered the special edition on amazon. If I return it, do you guys think I will still get the preorder dlc?

Edit: Just ordered a replacement. I hope it will work now.

I don’t know it was the disc. I said it’s entirely possible. The fact is, I replaced both. When I had the first disc, I downloaded the patch updates and got this bug. I was able to play without downloading the patch updates. I played up through the first quest to escape Skalitz, then saved. Then I downloaded the patch updates and tried to play from that point, but it wouldn’t load my save file. So, I deleted everything and tried again, but I couldn’t get the disc to work. So, I replaced the disc, couldn’t get the new one to read either, so I replaced my PS4 with a pro. Now I have no problems.

But if you couldn’t get the new one to read either, that means the PS4 was the problem, right?

The PS4 was definitely part of the problem. It had a hard time reading discs in general. I got Kingdom Come working on it with the first disc up to the point of this glitch, but when I deleted everything and tried to redownload the patch, it stopped reading the disc altogether. I don’t know if I would have had the same glitch with the first disc on my PS4 pro — I only tried the replacement on it.

Well my normal PS4 always worked perfectly fine so I doubt that’s the problem. I just ordered a replacement game yesterday. I hope it will work now with the new disc.

Has anyone recived an update? I have the same issue. Everytime i go back to the father after completing all the tasks, that message comes up. I bought off PSN. Pretty pissed off!!

Thanks for this response, I was looking around on google and youtube for an answer all day! shows that I need to pay attention and read all the replies.

Thanks Aman1500

is there a solution ??

Just got my replacement disc today and it worked!

We also encountered this issue. Our game is definitely not still downloading. Checked product information, checked for additional updates, and checked the download from earlier – everything has been downloaded completely and there are no additional updates to download. There’s no other downloads running in the background either. Not sure what to do. Sounds like we need to exchange for a replacement CD? Is that the only option? Pretty frustrating to hit a major bug 15 mins into the game…

Replacing the disc is the best option right now.

Thank you! We replaced the disc and that definitely fixed it. Appreciate it! Really enjoying the game now.

Glad to hear it. Finally we found a solution for this bug. Enjoy the game! :smiley:

and with the new cd is it already dived 3 times is still not at nir

I know I am late to the discussion, I dowloaded the game from the PS4 store and getting the same error. Any help ??

I thought I was having this same bug happen but if you check information for the game in “library” then you can see it downloading, the console doesn’t display it correctly… I’ll update ya’ll when it’s done downloading fully to see if I can get passed this mission

That is just the game’s way of getting you prepared for all the bugs you will encounter while playing.

Hi,

I’m sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I still had the issue described in this thread and I could not find a solution.
Some people suggested, that I should replace CD… which is not what I had to do.
Some people suggested, that I should check game options (home page- > options button- > product information) and there should be information that game is still updating (I could find nothing - even if I clicked “Check for updates” button, I get message: “Game is already updated to the latest version”).

So what helped in my case? Patience. From my perspective, this is some kind of bug, but the game actually downloading content in the background. I have no idea how it is possible (it is definitely not visible in PS4), but after about an hour (and I have VERY good internet connection) suddenly I get information from PS4 that the game was updated to version 1.9. After this information, I could convince my blacksmith father to make the sword.
So my suggestion would be: If you have “The game is still downloading” bug, please check on the internet what is the latest version of the “Kingdom”. If you don’t have it, probably it is still downloading. And I guess that to download 20GB you might have to wait longer than one night.
I suspect, that people who replaced their “Kingdom” CDs were able to run the game because it was patched when they were outside in a game store.
I hope that this information will help some people (at least I would really like to know, that the game will work without CD replacement - I just have to wait for the “not visible” patch to be downloaded).
Best regards,
Ikeban

Ay, i just wanted to play the gamer after 1 year since i played it, but looks like i can load non of saves!
I have the same problem as you guys, looks like the patch ruined the game
Any news about a fix?
Man i really was on the mood for some of Kingdome come
Guess i go play the Witcher

Edit: So for some reason tho i downloaded the full patch and did install it! I just noticed that it did download it again but with even bigger update now… my saves works now