[PS4][BUG] "The game ist still downloading"

Hey,
I am trying for two days now to finish the first quest, but each time I return to the father a hint comes up “The game is still downloading. You have to wait before continuing gameplay. Meanwhile, you can have a stroll around the village - Father will wait a while…”. But there is nothing left to download (it had two days now). All patches are installed, I reinstalled the game, loaded saved games, restarted PS4, switched settings… I don’t know whats left to do :frowning: Has someone experience with that?

Thanks

Just go to this as well and having the same issue. Can’t even play the game?

I mean Yes I am having the same issue. Can’t play the game.

Are you playing a game as you wait? This reduces the download speed dramatically on the PS4. Stop playing and wait for the download.

Start a new game I had the same problem

I stopped playing, left the PS4 online over night, no progress. Is there a background loader? Officially, there is nothing to download in the PS4 menue.

I already Started several new games, same result each.

The game itself runs without major issues, I can walk around, do the other quests like buying beer. But I can‘t finish the quest by returning to the father. „Do you have the stuff?“ -> „yes“ -> error/hint

I have the same problem and I try to solve it in the same way. Very frustrating if you were so looking forward to the game and such bugs / mistakes will spoil you.

I have the same issue. The only way I am able to play the game beyond the first quest is if I do not download any patch updates. If I play off the disc (version 1.00 only), I can play beyond the point where you forge the sword with father. However, if i save my game after that and then download the patch, I will not be able to load my save file or continue (those saves and the ‘continue’ are greyed our in the main menu with the text “cannot continue because the game is still downloading” at the bottom right of the screen. In essence, the patch updates break the game. Can only play from the disc.

I have been communicating with support via e-mail about this issue since yesterday. I sent them a link to this thread here, so hopefully they will fix this soon.

Thanks for the information. I hope it helps to get the problem under control. If you get an answer from support, it would be great if you could update us.

Hi there. Has this been solved yet? I’m facing the same issue and it’s very frustrating

Took 2 days off of work for this game, haven’t been able to play it for both of those days. Re-downloaded it 3 times still told me to wait for download when there is nothing to download, frustrating that you release a game in this state. I’m going to attempt to play without patching.

I was able to finish the first quest line if I played without the patch. But, after I downloaded the patch, I couldn’t load my save files from the second quest line. Could only reload the first. It should be the same for you — just know that you can never download the patch if you want to continue your game (unless they fix it, of course).

I’ll test it out in the next couple of hours and see if I get the same result, I’ve also sent an email to support and waiting for a response.

Still didn’t seem to work for me, even without the patches…

My mistake seems to work without patch

Finally I found someone who has the same problem! I already tried asking on twitter and reddit but nothing. Glad I’m not the only one. But I also wrote an email to the support team since I didn’t know what else to do. Hopefully this will get fixed soon, I want to play it this weekend. Do you think that the next patch could fix this issue?

No idea but the best solution is just to play without patch for now that’s what I am doing for now.

Good. At least we know the problem is with the patch.

A bit of additional info: I got a PS4 Pro yesterday and have not experienced this issue on that system. The system I had when I started writing on this thread was the old 500 GB system that was released five years ago or so before the PS4 slim. So is there a compatibility issue between the patches for this game and the old PS4 systems? What systems are you guys running this game on?