PS4 game crashes in band of bastards

read the post “update 2.0”

Ive got this bug too

Don’t forget to complete all quests I think one is bugging it but I wouldn’t know which

Got the same issue, waiting for patch…

Warhorse said theyll include a fix in a patch soon

1 Like

Wow. Good job on getting a game breaking bug fixed so quickly glad I spent money on a DLC I got to spend a full 20 minutes playing. That’s like a dollar a minute.

2 Likes

Hahah i emailed them exactly a month and 7 days ago. And im the creator of this thread.

3 Likes

weeks later and they still haven’t patched this smh

2 Likes

I emailed them a month ago and still the same result on my end as well. Since then I’ve started my 3rd play through and then stopped after finishing from the ashes quest. I don’t want to carry on until I know this damn patch has come out because I will end up getting bored of the game haha. I hate how Warhorse says to everyone that the patch will be released “very soon” when people like us have been waiting a month plus after emailing them and still that “very soon” fact has not come to fruition. Oh well, at least that IAmHenry guy isn’t posting on your thread anymore hahaha.

2 Likes

I don’t normally complain on forums. I just send the devs a mail and hope for the best, but this really is frustrating. I’ve just gone on vacation for a week or so and intended to play the game on hardcore for the first time, having 250+ hours on normal mode with two play-through’s. I had not played KCD for a while so one can imagine how my initial excitement turned to pure frustration when I came to the crash-point in the BoB DLC. This is ridiculous, to have such a game-breaking bug for so long, seeing how old this thread is. Very disappointed in the devs. Not to mention other game-breaking bugs such as The Good Thief missing ring, the missing pitcher from Next To Godliness and so on. What is up with 1.9.1? I swear this patch broke the game. If the game was not so full of glitches, bugs and random crashes, this would have really been my all-time favourite game. A shame, and I really hope the Devs do something about this.

2 Likes

Pretty disappointed to learn that this still hasn’t been resolved. I don’t normally complain on forums either – in fact, I never have until now, because I’ve honestly never experienced a bug on a current gen console that persistently crashes the game like this one does.

2 Likes

The slow response and the lack of presence from Warhorse on the forum really hurt this game more than anything imho. I am sure all of us here have tried contacting them regarding the crash by sending emails or tweeting them, but so far we don’t know anything else other than the patch will come “very soon”.

2 Likes

1.9.2 has been released on PC, it will most likely come to conoles next week.

1 Like

It’s funny because they say they fixed the problem it’s written in the update log on the ps4 but it is not solved I just bought the dlc yesterday and I got to play it today and it doesn’t work I love warhorse and this is the first time I encountered a gamebreaking bug still I am disappointed that since June nobody did anything to fix it

2 Likes

Its been more than a month since this was first reported and they still havent patched in a hot fix? Jesus thats sad.

@warhorse. We paid real money for this content. Please, get your shit together.

1 Like

I’ve already played through this bugged mess three or four times, after moving on while waiting for this to be fixed what are the odds of coming back to experience what ive paid for? If i have drop it now how will i know when its been fixed? Will i be getting an email? Am i seriously supposed to log in here every day to look for an update?

Given the game breaking nature of this mistake in combination with the absurd amount of time taken to address it, methinks a refund or some other compensation for this dlc is in order.

@warhorse, hire some damn quality control testers. Honestly, did nobody try this content on ps4 before you decided to let people pay you for it? I hope someone somewhere over there is embarrassed.

1 Like

Good day to all,

We do understand the frustration and we are doing everything possible to fix the issue as soon as possible.

Our QA department consist of professionals that are doing everything to ensure the best quality possible for Kingdom Come: Deliverance. However, sometimes issues slip through that were not visible on any testing device. A 100 hour open world RPG can have hiccups here and there, but be assured that we are doing everything to get rid of them ASAP.

That being said I can confirm that this fix is already present in the PC version 1.9.2 and will be released on PS4/XBOX as well. Especially the console versions have to go through a process called certification. It´s mostly in hands of Sony and Microsoft now. They have to greenlight and publish the fix.

@DrFusselpulli will provide you with more information.

3 Likes

Hi there I am Henry and I just wanted to say that you have no idea how riddiculous this response is at this point in the thread ;p

We know you couldnt possibly catch the bug in the studio before releasing the patch, we are upset because for 2 montsh we couldnt play the game and instead of releasing a hotfix focusing on fixing just that issue you guys added it to the next patch bundle, so instead of say 2 weeks we had to wait two months for beeing able to play again ;p

And just so you know, Lord Hanush will hear about it xD

1 Like

Thank you for replying here, it is appreciated.

This game came so close to being a masterpiece. Its a real damn shame that it was plagued with its vast amount of bugs. If its core werent so breathtaking i’d have dropped it and laughed it off as a joke well before finishing my first play through. However something unique about it ended up drawing me back three or four times to start it all over. This last time it was to see what the complete experience had to offer after buying all the dlc.

It was hugely disappointing to ride off into the sunset with Hans for what could well be my last time without being able to play the band of bastards story which easily looked like it could be the best of all the dlc.

The response to this particular bug was utterly unacceptable. WHEN YOU HAVE RELEASED A GAME BREAKING BUG YOU DROP EVERYTHING ELSE TO FIX YOUR ERROR AND THEN PATCH IN A HOT FIX IMMEDIATELY. YOU ABSOLUTLY DO NOT BRUSH IT OFF AND WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT SCHEDULED PATCH. Perhaps becoming complacent and accepting your work as it has existed from launch with so many quality issues has dulled your senses, but this glitch was different from the silly visual clipping and painfully slow rendering. Of all the glitches i have delt with in this game this was easily the worst, and frankly should have been the easiest to find…had only someone there tried playing it on ps4.

Please relay this message to whome it may concern: i hope you guys make more of these games, truly i do, but please hire more quality control testers and squash more bugs before you let the next one go into the wild. These games of yours have the potential to be astonishingly wonderful and they deserve better than half-assing it on the final quality control.

Again, thank you for replying here it is appreciated.

4 Likes

Of course, I could try to explain… but of course it’s not cool to have these kind of bugs. But it’s not like we are sitting here and think: “aaahhhh screw them”. So again, we are sorry for those nasty bugs, but hotfixes only work in the rarest of cases. It’s not like someone just forget to check a box somewhere… those bugs occur because of complicated RPG systems running in the back which sometimes mean that fixes are major enterprises that can’t be fixed within days. And because certification can take 1-2 weeks it makes sense to pack the bugs into bigger packages (you can’t run several certifications simultaneously). All in all… sorry guys… but this is really the best way you can do it (given all circumstances)… so please hang in there and stay with us. We try to inform you as good and as fast as possible.

5 Likes