PS4 - Lock Picking is impossible

Once you get deft grip and lasting lock picks it’s pretty easy actually. Just got to level 20 on PS4. Don’t know what the problem is, like everything else in the game, it starts off hard and becomes easier the more you do it

Just bought this game, but stuck on lockpicking mission. So i will not be playing until new patch too.

I had a hard time for a bit in my first playthrough. I just recently restarted for Merciful and had no problem in Prologue opening almost every lock in Skalitz. Most them are ‘easy’. Turns out there was one ‘very easy’ I found after I was leveled up enough to do ‘hard’ locks. Here are some tips that make this much easier on a ps4 controller (pre lockpick changes)

1 - Go to the devices menu in PS4 settings and turn off vibration on your controller as it only gets in your way
2 -You can ‘reroll’ the lock’s sweetspot. Notice that each time you close and reopen the lock the sweetspot location changes so if you don’t like the placement hit circle to close and rep
3 - use the above to close and reopen the lock until you get a large sweetspot close to the middle. You can even do this on hard locks but it will take more ‘rerolls’ than on an easy one
4 - Once you get a good roll of the lock it should be much easier to stabilize the right stick as you rotate the left one around.
5 - Take the perks ‘lasting lockpicks’ and ‘deft grip’ as soon as you can

Before I figured this out I made the mistake of looking for a sweetspot on the outer edge which I thought would give me more control but I realized that the need to make the sweetspot follow around in a larger circle was more error prone.

With the above technique I had little trouble with ‘easy’ locks at starting level and hard locks at level 3

To get lockpicks in the prologue make sure you talk to Kunesh first (don’t buy charcoal and don’t go to the tavern) and do the dialog where you don’t fight him (taking speech at the begining helps) and then sneak into his house and click on the lock, this will say maybe I need to get help from Fritz. Then go to the tarvern and do the cut scene with Deutch. You can then talk to fritz and you can get the lockpicks before you do the dung on the wall quest and get a free save. You can do the herb collecting/sell herbs to get enough money to buy a few savior schnapps if you like and then go work on lockpicking. Once you get the hang of the middle sweetspot you can pretty much level up with no failures.

Hope this helps

Was there, now its super easy and am not far into leveling. Never do it super slow, rotate both sticks at normal speed. lock rotation shouldn’t take 1-2 seconds.

I saw the advice to go fast and used that at first. I found that once I could roll a middle sweetspot that speed really didn’t matter. One key thing is that if your yellow circle gets off too far it will block the rotation with no good feedback. Oh yeah that reminds me, you should turn off vibration on your controller.

Will the certification ever go through… its forever

Its just went for certification, check my post

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=skinner+pathetic&oq=skinner+pathet&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.5527j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=J_d-CCOMfcMGsM:

Lockpicking on the Ps4 is Impossible i agree 100% i have installed 22gb 1.05 patch and its still shit.please get it fixed,or get me a Shotgun to blow these Fucking Locks Open.So 1.05 has not made it Easier.

1 Like

Just keep practicing, Once you hit level 3-5 it becomes so much easier, also pick perks to make it easier.

1 Like

Im totally agree with you , people saying it’s easy , its because they haven’t tested it on PS4.

I was terrible on PS4 pre patch, couldn’t open any chest, period. Started a new playthrough post patch and started on the practice chest, and thought: “oh lord, here we go again.” I fought it out to level 3, and then it became easy. I felt hopeless until I got the lasting lockpicks perk. Currently level 8 and have no issues personally with hard locks. If I can do it, I think anybody can. Lol, it gets so much easier once you hit level 3.

1 Like

#FakeNews , Im on the PS4 Pro

Yep opening very hard locks on ps4

Lock picking is easy, you just need to practice it… I turned vibration off which helped too

How are people still having problems with lockpicking, I play on PS4 and it is very easy. Stop blaming the game and look in the mirror for a change.

3 Likes

Even with vibration on, after practicing is really easy…i can open difficult chests in 2-3 seconds.
It’s only a matter of time, then you’ll understand how it works

2 Likes

I am now on high level i have master thief perk
Auto open easy locks

1 Like

You cannot pick any lock because, in this game, lockpicking requires practice.
After hours of playing I was able to open hard locks without patch 1.3, that makes lockpicking WAY too simple now.
How many hours did you play? There’s nothing to be “fixed”.

Saying nothing is wrong with lockpicking will get you flamed on here.