PS4 - Lock Picking is impossible

Everyone says practice, practice, practice. Sure it’s easy to practice when you reload last save over and over and over again. What happened to the role play? What happened to the realism? Did Henry in 1403 have a chance to time travel back after he broke his 5 lockpicks just to try again and get better at it? Ofcourse not. How about do it right and play the game like it should be played.

Now everyone is going to say, “It’s just a game, stop whining. It’s just a feature in the game…” Well that’s true, play how you want but this just isn’t how it should be played imo. If someone who you loved gets killed because of your fault, will you load last save and try to save him this time? What kind of a role playing game are you playing then…

Who cares.

I believe that the developers where of the mindset when creating this game that one has to live with one’s actions. So that loved one you speak of would perish. And you would be sad. This was the intention. Actions have consequences henry has to accept.

“this is not how it should be”?
You’re right: this is how DEVELOPERS wanted it to be.

I wonder why you keep playing and talking about this game if you don’t like what’s clearly a game feature.
Go play another game.

Why would you reload?
Thats whats ruining your progress even failure is practice and will add to your stats.

Practice and buy picks.
After lvl 3 it gets better.
Invest in trainers like peshek.

Put the controller flat on a table and use more fingers controlling the thumbsticks this helps a lot.

The harsh reactions are mostly because evry player with a lockpick problem creates his own thread instead of searching the forum.

2 Likes

I swear i thought i heard Sir Radzig whispering ‘use the force henry, use the force’ when i opened that very hard lock last night.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough on this part. I absolutely LOVE it how it is. I love this as a feature and I love it that is hard because it should be. I only managed to open it once out of 15 tries and I’m not even whining about that. I’ll probably spend so much money on lockpicks to practice it and I’ll probably break hundred of them before I know how to do it or level it up or whatever and I love that.

I’m talking to the guys who say practice it just by reloading the last save because that is just stupid when you play ROLE playing game. That’s my point.

I love the game and everything about it.

1 Like

Yes, your correct, i misread. Although my point was more about reloading after events in the game. Instead of lockpicking in general. If you need to practice lockpicking i suppose there is no harm if its not affecting the story in anyway.

This is a matter of approach to the game.
I don’t think this is the “I didn’t it good so I reload” kind of game.
Everyone is free to play this game as he likes - it’s one of the features of this game - but I believe that lockpicking (and pickpocketing) are difficult in the beginning due to realism - ad roleplaying - purposes.
The title of this topic is “Lock picking is impossible”: this is not true. Simply, it requires more practice than in other games. But after practice - and after the semplification in 1.3 patch - even the hardest locks are opened easily.
At least, this is my experience on PS4.

3 Likes

On pa4, its the easiest thing after reaching beginner levels. Just keep working at it oncreasing your level.

1 Like

you must’ve been the luckiest person on earth and you managed to opened 2 chest in a row without loading your game once and then you reached a level in lockpicking , because im not going to load my game 20 time to open only a single chest ( opening one chest doesnt grant you a lvl in lockpicking) and in that , you need to considerate the amount of lockpicks used… so yea COME ON

FWIW, I never reloaded when at a chest. And it seriously took me 30+ broken picks until I opened my 2nd chest. After that it becomes easier, promise. Buy out Miller Woytek’s (?) pick inventory and go to work. I’m now level 8 and have only broken 2 or 3 picks on Very Hard Locks. I also opened many Very Hard Locks that the game prompts “This lock is too hard”.

As a casual gamer i haven’t got hours to spend mastering the lock picking. this is a game breaker for me and it needs to be fixed.

i can’t even complete the millers lock picking tutorial. i have had several goes at this and it has come to the point where i haven’t now played the game for three weeks because of it, it’s soul destroying. i was really enjoying the game up to this point.

This is the first game I’ve played in 7 years. Bought a PS4 specifically for it. Can’t get more casual than that. Trust me, it gets easier. Search for tips here - there are tons in the forum.

Can’t get past the first test at the mill. No lock picks around. Hope they fix it in a patch to be easier like skyrim on ps4

The miller sells lockpicks…

Probably bad news, but if you’re on the most recent patch/version, it’s not going to be made any easier. Practice, practice, practice…
Plenty of tips on the forum.

Skyrim is plebian garbage compared to KCD. The lockpicking works just fine. If my old arthritic hands can open locks with a PS4 controller, so can you.
I presonally think its the best lockpicking mechanic out there.

2 Likes

Lol. It’s easy.

You just have to keep your eyes focused on the sweet spot while you move the right analog stick. It helped me tremendously. Once I got Lock Picking 3, I just picked up the perk and was set for the rest of the game. It is hard at first, but just stick with it. It pissed me off, too. But once you get that hand-eye-coordination down, you’ll rock those locked doors and chests.

Both the level 3 and level 6 perk will be of tremendous use.