Ps4 patch/hotfix 1.2.5 (1.04)

PS4 Pro player. Hotfix 1.2.5 aka PS version 1.04 has not fixed the R2 combat non-responsiveness for me. I’m getting by with shield blocks, side feints and then center pricks. Haven’t had a chance to try archery string pull yet. I realize that not all PS4 controllers have been affected/may still be affected, but since this is the only game that I have any trouble with my controller, I’m not about to spend another $60 on a controller just for this game. I cannot be alone in this. Please continue to look into it. I found lockpicking to be very difficult but not undoable before the patch, and with leveling it gets easier, as it should. No complaints about that. Actually appreciated the limited save mechanic. I care very little about textures in terms of rating playability, and a certain amount of glitching of all kinds in these early weeks is acceptable to me, but without a properly functioning main combat attack button the game cannot be enjoyed as more than a demo.

How far are you into the game?

I will try that, Can I send you a personal message?

I’m on my 2nd play through just looking for bugs.

1 Like

I read you can max out Henry skills before you even leave the first town (Before it gets destroyed) lol

What kind of controller you have?

PS4 Pro controller CUH-ZCT2. Also, I don’t play a lot of R2 heavy games ie FPS. Mostly just RPGs that almost never use the R2 but for maybe Menu/Inventory submenu switching.

Lockpicking is horrible in PS4…you cant rotate the left stick,it stops after you make a full turn!

The left one is basically going to go full circle around. Start the circle in a comfy spot so you can make the circle smoothly

Hmm… curious. This worked. Well… just rebooting the game after taking a short hiatus from it worked. Played a wee bit of another game then thought I’d reload my save in KCD and there you have it, the combat is working again. Swords are now connecting and I was finally able to slay that bastard Runt! Thanks, mate!

Im a Master Lock Picker on PS4 Pro… it’s is not the arrow that is mucked up, It’s the indian shooting the arrow that is mucked up LOL

1 Like

The left stick stops if you move out of the sweet spot. I thought the same as you till I leveled lockpicking a bit and noticed it. If the ball is not good the left stick Wil not rotate.so each time the ball gose Gray the lock stops turning makes it feel like the left stick isn’t working right until you know it’s intended.

#UserError
Seems to be the general response. Saving is impossible, user error. Lockpicking is terrible, user error. I can’t kill anything, user error :joy: