PS4 - Screen size adjust

Hello,

are you planning to add a possibility to adjust screen size on ps4? On my screen the subtitles are not 100% visible and it is really annoying. also this feature seems to be on almost every other ps4 game.

best regards

I have the same issue. I tried adjusting the screen size in the ps4 settings and it doesnt do anything. The bottom text is cutoff on the subtitles and the button layout in the menus is also cut off. The vertical correction feature on the in game graphics settings menu doesnt do anything. No matter if I set it to 60 65 70 75.

I’m having the same issue.

Well,don’t count it getting fixed. Sent the issue to the developer bug email and was told it’s my problem. When I told him I didn’t have this issue with any other game in the 4 year history of the ps4, he asked for me to send in proof via video. Which I did. Haven’t heard a response in over a week.

Seriously considering asking for a refund through psn since the game is unplayable and my problem is falling on deaf ears

One of the most obvious examples of this is when you play the dice game. About half the wording for the scoring area gets cut off.

I can see the subtitles, stamina bar, and stuff like that, but the main issue is stuff like the dicing example. I may be able to adjust my screen further through the console options, but if this is the only game this is happening in then it’s not my console that’s the reason.

I can’t even see the stamina bar which makes the game unplayable. Can’t believe they don’t see this as an issue to fix.

have ps4 and don’t experience this. unfortunate as other PS4 games do the resizing bit and the barely visible image test. seems like same needs to be done for KCD

have you contacted support? i’d tell 'em game isn’t playable without this adjustment

That’s exactly what I told them and first response was that it was my problem. As if a console would be responsible for a problem like this. I sent them a video showing how the ps4 screen size adjustment does nothing in their game and also of me changing the settings on my tv to adjust screen size not fixing the problem

@DocBooch WH has a ticketing system, a QC/QA function, and a helpdesk email. these things together are necessary but likely not sufficient for full customer support. much customer support comes from providing resources/troubleshooting guides /FAQs to cover generic stuff. the rest needs to get handled or else the business will walk away. SaaS companies often create a VP/director/manager/etc of customer experience. They serve as a liaison between the nerds (product and QA) and the clients. obviously, WH can’t have a guy or gal servicing all post replies on this forum but WH could at least get someone to recognize showstopper to take back for consults with techies for potential workaround/temp solution (posted here or elsewhere)… until bug fix/design change can be implemented. having @WH_janrucker etc come here is nice but it’s an opportunity cost… time better spent implementing changes than dealing with us.

Your TV is the problem most likely. I had the same problem with my old DLP tv, but I ended up upgrading to a 4k tv a few weeks ago and the problem went away. Some tv’s have the ability to adjust the screen size in the menu, but many of the older HD tv’s don’t.

1 Like

if KCD doesn’t launch with screen adjustment and image visibiliy like let’s say COD: WW2, yes and the only way around it would be to get a new TV. if however KCD has those features built in, then maybe he’s golden

It is most definitely my tv. It is a first generation 1080p Sony rear projection with HDMI. However, a whole market of old tv users should not be penalized for having such.

I also should not be forced to upgrade my TV due to a console game. If that was the case I would play on PC

I know bethesda altered the display area for the Skyrim SE because of clipping. Don’t know if WH would ever do the same though.

I agree because I was in the same boat. My old tv was 8 years old, so I just bit the bullet and bought a new one.

KCD did not launch with a screen size adjustment nor does the game utilize ps4’s built in adjustment. That is the problem.

Thank you for your previous post, that was very well said and spot on to what we are dealing with.

Mine is about 10 years old and works perfectly. I do plan on uograding it, but with a baby on the way and a new job its just not feasable at this time

My HDTV is about ten years old now, so that’s probably part of the problem. However, it also seems that it’s partly the game as well, as Doc indicated.

It’s a problem with the game not tv. Every game I’ve ever played fit the screen or could be adjusted to fit the screen. Kingdom come is the one game that no matter what I adjust or what tv I try it on the screen never fits right. What is causing this idk but for all those that say it’s your tv are wrong. It’s the game. I have tried all 4 different kinds of tv’s in my house a pc monitor and the two tv’s at my sisters and my friends new tv as well. There is something wrong with the game and how it fits to the screen. It’s annoying but in the end I have gotten use to it. It just drives me bonkers when I here ppl say it’s your tv blah blah blah. No maybe the devs should have included a screen adjustment setting like almost every other game I’ve play but still for the games I played that didn’t have screen adjustments it still fit my screen just fine. I’m sure there will be ppl who will blast me saying it’s your tv or console or some crap but after all the tv’s I tried and even my friends game does the same thing and tons of others game does it to bc there are posts all over about kcd not fitting the screen properly.

1 Like

I agree with you and at least ps4 has a screen adjust option unlike xbox. In my situation a new tv fixed the issue, but not everybody can afford to go out and buy a new one.

Hey Doc, I had similar issues for year. Turns out there was a setting buried in my television, that effected the aspect ratio and display size.

While this is vague, Google was my friend, and I hope it can be your friend to. I wish you successful searching.