Question about Limited Edition item - True Henry’s short sword

With the recent video about the swords being made for Kickstarter backers, I’m feeling pretty keen on grabbing one via the website here: https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/get-the-game/limited-edition-pcv

The recent Warhorse video, mentioned that this sword will be different than the kickstarter one. Does anyone know in what ways it will differ?

Kickstarter backers will get a longsword. Website purchasers an arming sword. The blades should be similar (a minor difference in length of 1-2" is typical), but the hilt is normally around half to 2/3rd the length, suitable for single handed use - though is it just barely possible to palm the pommel, this isn’t likely to be effective and using a one handed grip for increased reach is preferable.

Longsword is faster in the point, less tiring to use and hits harder, but arming sword can have a greater reach when using the normal grip (even with a shorter blade, because you can fight more to the side), and can be used with shield or buckler.

Not sure what the specifics of the WH items will be, but this is a general guide to historical usage.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. I’m literally hovering over the ‘get it!’ button, but I would love to know a little more about the sword, as that and the coin are the main differentiator between that and the cheaper 149 package :slight_smile:

The main difference is, that the sword of the limited edition will be made by another smithy, as this one in the video is totally busy in producing the kickstarter backer swords, and they are not able to produce more swords.

1 Like

I’m also hovering over the “Get It” button, but I’m unsure what happens with the reward items from my KS pledge (King level) if I upgrade. Compared to the rewards list on the “Limited PC Edition” page, there seems to be a delta to the original KS King pledge. What will happen to the reward items from the KS King pledge that are not listed under the “Limited PC edition” page when I upgrade? Will I loose them? And will my original KS King pledge be “replaced” by the “Limited PC Edition” pledge?

The rewards that are in the King pledge, but not in the Limited Edition pledge seem to be:

• Screenplay of Act I (PDF)
  • Special edition metal box
  • Additional copy of Act I
  • Act II
  • Act III
  • In-game calvary memorial
  • Signed copper engraving printed on handmade paper

Would all of the above be “replaced” by the short sword if I upgrade my pledge?

1 Like

@DrFusselpulli will correct me if I am wrong.

All your Current tier rewards will carry of to the Upgraded pledge.

1 Like

I am not sure about that, I have to ask our marketing Manager here.

1 Like

Like a few others here…I am just about to hit the get it button. ( in fact I’ve already tranferred the money into the necessary account)…however though I understand there will be a few differences the two make or break questions I have are. 1) will the website “upgraded” editions swords still be hammer forged, weighted and balanced with the same old time methods and quality as shown in the video? and 2). Will we have the same engraved coin on the pommel and engraving on the blade as seen in the video?
Will wait for an answer before dropping that much $$$

1 Like

Me too… :smile:

1 Like

The sword will be made in the same quality, so yes it will be also hammer forged. But it will probably be a bit smaller. We are still in negotiation with the new blacksmith about the design, it is not sure yet if the new sword will also have the coin in the pommel.

1 Like

Hello Parallaxe,

unfortunately I have some bad news here. I have asked our marketing Manager who is responsible for the content of the pledges. He told me the former pledge will not be inherited.
So yes: unfortunately the listed elements will be replaced by the short sword.

Sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Ok, I regret a little bit my choice during the Kick’s campaign but do u have some information about the “spec” of this short sword ? (like length, weight, balance ) ?

Thx anyway for this information

1 Like

You mean the specs of the Kickstarter sword or of the limited edition sword? Because there is a difference between them. The design of the limited edtion sword is not finished yet, therefore we can´t give you detailed information about it yet.

Yeah I spoke about the limited edition ^^ . Ok, thx for the info. If I upgrade my pledge on my profil to benefit of this edition, do we benefit of all items listed on Kickstarter ? (expect the true henry sword) ?

The other items are the same as on the kickstarter :slight_smile:

Please let us know when you have more info on the limited edition sword. Thnx

Sorry for necro’ing this post a bit, but I’m wondering, would it be possible to upgrade an existing pledge to the Limited Edition at this point?

Yes, for sure, you can upgrade to Limited Edition. Just log into your profile on www.KingdomComeRPG.com, choose the Limited Edition on our page www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/get-the-game and pay the difference between both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Any update on the True Henry’s short sword ?
Thanks