Questions and comments about the short story competition

This thread is for questions and comments about the writing a short story about KC:D competition.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Does our story have to be realistic, or can it have fantasy elements in it?

Well, if you add fantasy, your chances to win the competition will maybe decrease. But fantasy elements are not forbidden, the in the end, we will let the community choose about the “best” story, via poll. :slight_smile:

1 Like

story with the most likes wins

Can we write the shortstories in some other languages besides English?

How are we to write it? A Word document or like all inside this comment box?

No. This was also my first idea. But in this case, the first story would have the most chances of getting the most likes, while a possible later story will have less likes, because it will have less time to gain likes. For this reason, there will be a poll after the closing date.

2 Likes

You can just post it like a forums post in the fitting thread.

Yes, there will be also other langues, besides english. There is already a german thread and I also want to start a czech one, as this is a czech game. :slight_smile:

How about fantasy elements which fits in the time of 1403 and the location, if they didn’t really happen in the story but are told and belived by common people?

You can use them without problem, even higher fantasy element are allowed. This is not about coming closest to the game as possible, but making a great story fitting to the game.
The community will make the final decision about the best story, and if you want to add fantasy elements, feel free to do so. :slight_smile:

Can it be written from a first person perspective?

Yes, if you want to, you can write it in first person perspective :slight_smile:

Well then, time to consult a history book or two! :wink:

1 Like

The czech story competition is created. :slight_smile:

Can barons be in the competition

Sure, most of the forumusers are already owning the game. Maybe they can use the free game as a gift for a friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve added mine.

LISTEN TO THE TALE OF THE GREAT COSWARALD!!!

2 Likes

I am 700+ words in on my story.

I hope it’s good… i am a novice writer afterall :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

It is fine, the 1000-1500 words are only a indication. :slight_smile: