Rating From the Ashes DLC

Please share your assessments of the new DLC. Please be fair and candid.

Overall assessment: general feeling about the new DLC

• 4 or less

0 voters

3 Likes

I think of DLC in terms of 3 things:
(1) studio behavior
(2) play content
(3) game framework/mechanic

Rating studio behavior relative to new DLC

• 4 or less

0 voters

Text description of my rating of (1) studio behavior:
If you expected WH to deliver a DLC that was more polished etc than KCD, you’d be disappointed. yes, WH might’ve introduced new processes etc. but, some of the quirkiness of KCD is also to be found in ashes. some content was just left out due to resourcing and/or technical issues and some detail was just missed (no grindstone at guardhouse and smiths). I think a good number of players and reviewers are pre-occupied with (1)

2 Likes

Rating play content added

• 4 or less

0 voters

Text description of my (2) play content rating:
there’s a ton of thought put into the DLC. you can spend a lot of hours in your new ‘home’. it’s just the depth and breadth of ashes specific activities are limited. that’s not unreasonable for a $10 DLC

2 Likes

Rating game framework/mechanic added

• 4 or less

0 voters

Text description of my assessment of (3) game framework/mechanic:
we got a new mechanic for triggering cityscape/landscape changes (ledger and conversation). we got a new investment mechanic (Pribyslavitz chest). we got more integration between past decisions/behaviors and future interactions (recruitment). we got a new rep mechanic (judgments). we got a more customizeable combat trainer/simulator (combat arena).

1 Like

If you could make up to 3 enhancement(s) to ashes, what would they be? Pick top 3 choices.

• Ability to have guardhouse and stables
  • Ability to have butcher shop and bakery
  • Ability to have Rathaus desk and decor like others
  • Ability to defend Pribyslavitz against enemy squad
  • Ability to attack enemy camp with Pribyslavitz squad
  • Ability to have servant to perform bathhouse, tailor and cobbler functions
  • Ability to have bathhouse, tailor and cobbler
  • Ability to display armor, weapons, shields in Rathaus
  • Ability to decorate Rathaus with skins and goblets
  • Ability to play 2-3 person mini-games (eg drinking) in tavern
  • Ability to do something else

0 voters

2 Likes

Lots of 10’s there
 :sunglasses:

I wish the armor and weapon displays were voted a bit higher :pensive:

Great idea to post these polls, @frelmedieval

1 Like

late but so what . Invalid poll for me I see 4-5 I want. 3 ain’t enough

you want 4, 3, 2, 1? over inflates the average score but we already have a sense

counting from the top 1,2,3,4,5,7 &10

Mini-Games in Taverns should be in ALL Taverns.
Ordering drinks and food and have them delivered.
The inability to truly interact in them is very dissatisfying.

2 Likes

Top thread dude. The devs should take a look at This. Surprising reception is so poor. I rate this DLC a 6 but most people consider it a 4 or less. Damn
 wh lost some goodwill on this. With me for sure.

2 Likes

you shoulda seen the look of confusion of Prokoph(sp?) face when the poor reception was brought up on the live stream. Like he did not conceive it possible.
They acted like it was a silly idea. The also played down/ignored the hard questions and played up the ones that made them look good. I watched the stream live and saw it all.

4 Likes

At least they know they did shit. This is a relief. What did WH expect? That we take any shit they throw at us?

I really hope someone from WH sees what’s going on in this forum and what people think about this DLC, even though it’s the janitor.

Instead of doing this crap, they should be focused on resolving the bugs (many created from previous patches) and finalizing that game.

They also said that you hafta play the DLC from a new game. Then why the H E double toothpicks can you do the DLC in a game already under way? I call B.S.

1 Like

I did this. And my frustration reaches the skies

But don’t forget, “The Amorous Adventures of Sir Hans” are coming
 And i do not know what to expect
 More quests with a “comedy setting”?

If i want to see comedy i go to Youtube and watch videos of Donald Trump

Hmm, interesting to have been pointed to this thread and skim over it. I have to disclose: I am not “one of you guys,” i.e., the early adopters or Kickstarter backers who breathed the project to life. I first learned of the game as a result of a Steam “Discovery queue” (or whatever they call them, basically they got some algorithms that look at the games you play and liked and then suggest some stuff to you . . .). This was, I dunno, a year maybe before it actually released? Maybe only 6 months. I put it on my Wishlist and when it came out last year, I had a look at the online scuttle butt and it sounded terrible, so I took it out of my sphere of interest.
Then a month or so ago, Youtube (amazing how these 3rd parties play such a critical role in “marketing” these days eh!?), or to be more specific “Youtube’s suggestions algorithms” put a video on my right hand “suggested” column with something like “Ultimate Kingdom Come Deliverance Review . . .” lessee if I can find the video . . .

Yep, that is it. THAT video sold the game to me!

So I went on Steam store, noticed I could get the “ultimate” pack, which included everything (all existing DLC) for a discount and dived in head first.

All this to say: for me, “From the Ashes” is: (a) a seamless part of the overall game at this point, for which I paid . . . maybe $4 or $5? I have no idea what it retailed for at the “hook the early adopters” phase of marketing . . . Not trying to be mean here, seriously . . . (b) After ~200 hours of play, I have only now gotten to the point where I discovered Pribislavitz, much less clear it, and get to the point where From the ashes comes into play.

As such, I’m in no position to respond to the survey, and even if I were, I’m coming at it from a different perspective than you guys, who bought it fresh off the presses, after having been engaged with the game from the beginning and having “finished” the game probably and been wanting something to extend the game experience.

Nothing I’ve said is meant to invalidate anything anyone else has said or to generate argument or contumely, but merely to point out: the market is a highly segmented thing.

@dichebach

i believe the following still applies:

If you could make up to 3 enhancement(s) to ashes, what would they be? Pick top 3 choices.

most popular choice - involves a substantial investment and although bastards doesn’t directly address it, i think it may do so indirectly
2nd most popular choice - this still stands.
3rd most popular choice - involves a substantial investment and WH has shown no interest in this redesign
4th most popular choice - this was essentially mocked during the livestream as KCD isn’t FO4

1 Like

So what I’m gathering here is: you have the impression WH are taking the “cheap way” and trying to justify it?

Could be simple cash grab :money_mouth_face:, could be that Prokop, Viktor et al think we’re full of shit :roll_eyes:, could be WH created a house of cards that could come tumbling down by modifying things :scream:, etc.

In business, guessing vendor intent can lead to counter-productive client outcomes. So, i’ll try to frame things in a little less loaded manner

Whatever WH’s actual thoughts, the effect is that our (client/customer) feedback doesn’t matter to the level of vendor taking action
 this includes resistance to add something as simple conceptually as a servant NPC (to execute bathing/mending tasks)

1 Like