From the ashes - dlc

The next DLCs will be more interesting for endgame players, as they will have their own dedicated questlines. From the Ashes was build for the users, who were asking for a home for henry, the ability to become a Lord & rule and is also an answer to the economy issue of the late game stage. This was all very much requested by the community.

Here is the livestream

2 Likes

Just patch the game so I can see dirt and blood on armour and clothes again, the DLCs can wait.

1 Like

it’s your fault you dumped money into it and were left unsatisfied. You’re right you shouldn’t have to restart to play it and you don’t…it’s just better. Like it or not there are better ways to do stuff, and you chose the worse way :confused:

can’t console those who don’t want it. It’s no ones fault but the play in how they choose to experience FtA. I personally chose to restart and try out HC mode purposefully a few days before FtA launch so I would be lined up at Baptism right around when the DLC released…and I did not get to dump a bunch of money in and ruin the DLC for what it was and I didn’t miss out on any NPCs…the two biggest complaints of the DLC.

I watched the stream…live.
being as a one who did the DLC successfully to the point of self support and a treasury of 967K G and wealthy, 1/2 way through the game after doing the DLC there was no real reason to go back there that the towns did not offer and I still made another 100k+ on top of the 1.1 million. Also once built there is nothing to do in or around the place that would relate to it. as mentioned in multiple threads.
the judging I did had no real impact on the DLC that recruiting didn’t cover. to do anything in the place I hafta stop/ save/ quit/strip mods / restart/ do something/ stop/save /quit/reload mods/ restart and leave/ .
I play the game with mods since I started & this procedure is such a PIA is why I about don’t go back.
The way it messed with mods is another reason not to go back. Outside of the place I can run what mods still work despite 1.6 & dlc, inside is strictly vanilla, so it was more of a Blah annoyance.
Also since the DLC I have seen weird things and way out of place NPC’s and NPC in their underwear that are normally not. Then in a later load up and play later are dressed.
currently with no mods the archery master in the hamlet is invisible except for his floating weapons and no way to talk or pickpocket It is like he isn’t there.

2 Likes

thank you for your engagement. it’s much appreciated.

Look forward to the new content

When reading, it can be hard to detect tone. is the writer being sarcastic, snarky, sincere, etc?

I’m being sincere in asking the following questions.
(Q1) What specifically makes the enhanced Rathaus home?
(A1) To use a frame of reference… in Agile software development there’s a concept of developing around user stories. what are the ‘home’ user stories? For most players and people, basic homemaking tasks include bathing, setting out your next day’s attire (eg putting your stuff on weapon & armor racks), doing laundry, repairing clothing and shoes, placing your books in bookshelves/cases, and adding a decoration or two. none of these features or user stories of home are enabled in ashes. that is why so many diehard KCD players find it hard to call Pribyslavitz home.

(Q2) what favorably distinguishes said home from Henry’s first place, Chez Peshek?
(A2) I can think of little to nothing. At Miller Peshek’s, Henry has his own chest and sleeps in a room with 3 beds. the enhanced Rathaus offers the same, but Henry sleeps with strangers (the guard and woman who sleep there are unnamed NPCs with whom he cannot engage in a dialog). In Pribyslavitz, Henry can’t even ask many obvious named friends and neighbors to come to his home (eg. Theresa, Alex, Antonia, Beran). the enhanced Rathaus has a detached alchemy lab and herb garden but those aren’t (near) universally accepted features of a home. they make a basal home better.

to me, the Locator is a master stroke but not the rest. the Rathaus doesn’t look like any of the others. the others are offices. the enhanced Rathaus in Pribyslavitz has no desk. no bookcase/shelf, and no receiving area. the entrance foyer is a kitchen and it makes the ledger look like a cookbook.

Judgement is a nice mechanic. but, there are some fundamental aspects of bailiff that are missing. Henry doesn’t get to initiate dialog with his ciitizens in order to get to know them better. he can’t engage them at a table in drink and conversation (like the Skalitz bailiff). no occasional drinking-talking mini-game. no final call patrol (like Uzhitz bailiff).

some aspects of Judgment are a bit incongruous. one case involves crapping near the town stream, and yet the trader’s crapper effectively dumps into the stream. the judgment involving recruiting woodcutters and laborers for protection is fine conceptually. per the ashes poll though, it’s obvious that players don’t want disembodied town protection decisions, they want an actual combat mechanic in defense or attack using the guards under the bailiff’s command. admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch feature but it would add immensely to the value of ashes as a home where Henry has a vested, first hand involvement in its development, maintenance and protection

speaking of command. a minor style point. in the hierarchical and deferential medieval era, citizens and direct reports (ie guards) calling the master bailiff by his given name (Hal/Henry) seems peculiar

WH ironically set the bar high with its own well crafted stories involving bailiffs. bailiffs matter. we want Henry to matter more.

12 Likes

at least you get a real bed and a world chest after upgrade. You also have a real bed in the guardhouse ( think, maybe the tavern)…I keep finding new stuff lol

the Sasau infirmiry also has a bed. one i used generously in playline 1

there are so many beds available to Henry. (it’s crazy.) the bed of home therefore requires some differentiation. such differentiation doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Oh, I was speaking specifically to P.Slav beds with a sleep/save vs just sleep.

You are right, sleep/save is available a lot…why I was confused on the original outcry for a better save mechanic. Also, Schnapps being ridiculously easy to amass

Like a 70% increase in rest rate. If you have the wandere perk in your home bed it won’t apply. ( -90 normally)

You can for sure sleep/save on the benches in the tavern behind the dice players and in the the Rathouse…there is another actual bed vs a floor mat and it is either in the guardhouse or the tavern, I cannot recall at the moment.

nice catch. don’t have that perk :slight_smile:

btw, the blanket hanging over the side of the bed opposite Henry’s… that’s gonna irritate the hell out of people who are OCD/neat freaks

normal real bed only yields 50. a pile of straw in a box yield 30(+40) with the perk. your home bed should do more.
Do you sleep better in a hotel bed or the one in your home?

Thank you for your constructive and detailed feedback, I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

The economist found a deft way to spend some of that huge pile of groschen. Those expenditures are actually investments that lead to even greater wealth accumulation than before. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: what an economist! :rofl::joy:

We lack a means to keep spending. :flushed::money_mouth_face: Festivals, commissioned goods (like Daddy’s sword), upgrade guard equipment (Magdeburg instead of Fearnot swords; Metal plated battle axe instead of Cooper’s axe; etc), and similar such stuff would be ways to cut into the surplus Prokop et al have so generously enabled for us :slightly_smiling_face:

Priorities. This is the 4rd tier for ashes improvement. Home features mentioned above are 1st. Combat mechanic with Henry and guards as well as redesigned Rathaus 2nd. Enriched bailiff activities 3rd.

3 Likes

You’re welcome! I genuinely hope Prokop, Tobi and the others who’ve invested blood, sweat and tears into KCD take the feedback in the manner intended… to offer feedback to aid in making KCD sublime and arguably the best RPG ever :v:

9 Likes

Depends upon how drunk I am…

Because tone of voice ISNT conveyed via posts…

I am pro WHs success. I wish you all the very best.

My reason for not having the DLC now is simply one of keeping my game optimal.
I see major value in ANY DLCs that expand the gameplay and player agency in a game I will clock up thousands of hours in.

Value has never been my concern. (You give me that aplenty)

The general public will use an attatched cost to the DLC as criteria to mark it by, and I truly believe letting this one out the gate ‘unpolished’ and not having aimed for an eleven (Or at least 8s) as the review scores was a very missed opportunity.
One I believed that livechat was going to make right.
Why-? Because everyone was going to be watching!

We just needed reassurance

Explaining with one sentence “we like to polish all our products and look forward to delivering more”…

As silly as it sounds,… some form of accountability gives trust…

(Just cause I want to plug Des’ work so much)

《Cause it didnt fit with flow 100%, sideways…》

Squandered opportunity where three weeks of more polish and having valuable feedback from a core audience (well represented here on your own games’ forum) could have netted this game a much stronger reception.
Because it still can, I figured it would be Warhorse’ top priority right now to restore consumer trust.
A core part of your audience, myself included, believe you will deliver- I’ve seen too much constant dedication to think otherwise-… but people on the fence and uncommited to a purchase, and trying to understand your product might want to read about it, and when they do they need to understand your vision.

Obviously the new DLC will be worked upon.
That isnt my issue.

My issue is your need to make the easy money.
If you have to work for breadcrumbs, then voice talent and soundtrack recordings and all the stuff that makes this product so grand become unaffordable in similarly grand ways.
If your base unit sales, worth considerably more money, were in any way your main focus- all press and DLC release would be tiered as such.

Increased base product sales net more income that the DLC is likely to EVER achieve.

Make the DLC great and the base product sales will increase too. (If only for attracting a wider audience from DLC offerings)

At the risk of repeating myself:
increase BASE UNIT sales is where the focus should be, obviously more playerbase is more sales FOR ALL future DLCs

Heres a page out of Des’ book cause this stuff works:

I see value in what your studio is making.
Wouldnt have voted for you (with my wallet) if that wasnt so.

My question on these forums was to guage how your livefeed came across, and whether a few key points were addressed/handled.

I understand we are in PR mode presently.

If you’re missing opportunity to sell more product and be creatively more free because of the increased financial position; then I want to help.

Consensus around the web seems to be that livefeed came off as a glorified add.
Now selling into any given culture is a ‘thing’, many books written on that topic.

Much of what is being shared, if presented SLIGHTLY differently (choice of words can really matter), would make for a really strong presentation. Even with an unfinished/polished product.

It is about selling to customers based on the way they buy.
To quote Des Hunt people buy two things:
The answer to a problem
and
Good feelings

These forums can net a community fostering both.

Put us monkeys to work.
We can build four core teams (one for each platform, and a control with all platforms represented) and we would give viable feedback.

For the token cost of letting us have DLC a bit early (and any requisite game patch that goes with it) the product wpuld improve and an knformale survey about our feelings towards it could give a few suggestions.

For a few hundred $ (eg value of proposed DLCs) for just a few fans from ‘all the walks’ to give unprecedented forum utilisation would be a postive flow on for the community here.

And we are the best free press you can rent.

Love/kudos

4 Likes

@DrFusselpulli feedback of the sort Whitedragem, others and I provided above is available to WH at any time. the only thing that keeps it from being actionable prior to launch is WH creating a pre-launch platform (via webex, forum, livestream, whatever)

2 Likes

Blockquote

quite a few errors in there…

My phone died when I went to fire up the camera (very dodgy battery) so the post was written over two visits and train of thought / pacing sufferered.

Not forgetting to promote Des’ work

He’s worth a head bow (my apoIs for ‘sideways’), certainly more than the 5O¢ shown.