Really low fps

Seems that this game has way too complicated AI algorithms to process by CPU. Claiming to “think” for itself. While I appreciate devs trying to mimic the real human behaviour, final effect is not so convincing. Common sign of NPCs stubborness is walking into and repeatidly hitting the wall during their “pathfinding” cerebral activity.
Animation is far from perfect,quite clunky/mechanical/robotic. Most outstanding is the horse animation when changing direction. Also Henry accelerates from standing still into full sprint like F1 monopost :grin: There are no subtle,smooth transitions in movement of anything. Ages old Mount&Blade does it better. The best horse mounted gameplay I ever had.
And those “big battles”. TBH they are not very well executed. NPC are parroting and mirroring each other when in formation and it looks weird and unnatural. Together with complicated and not well working combat system,ensuing battle looks more like zombie melee. So dont be sad if you cant pull it out. They could make them as well as video cut scenes. It would look much,much better :wink:

try my mod :slight_smile:https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/482

1 Like

couldn’t get them to work.

At least 63 people managed to use it and were happy, at max 2849 people managed to install it. I suggest that you read the informations concerning how to install it if you really want to try and get a reward of 5-30 FPS…

Is your mod now certified against patch 1.5?
Wanted at least 30FPS all over not 5-30 . I get that already.
I followed the directions exactly. BES had no seeming effect.

I wouldn’t say certified, but tested on some computers for KCD v1.5yes, mainly by players who like my mod. For v1.5 user.cfg you have to download only the “optional” file v1.5
BES is only part of my mod ; it’s purpose is to spread the load between cpu/cores to reduce stuttering. My mod does that too, and does other things too like adjusting shadows, particles, shaders and so on.

I followed your recommendation in nexus tho It did not fit my specs exactly ( differ on amount of memory).
could not get past getting BES to recognize the game.

I have an athalon X4 870 quad core3.9GHz w/ 2 x8 GB DDR3 and a Radion RX 580 card with 8Gb Vram @1700MHz

But no mods which means I get skills perks for unarmed bow and spear plus more, and can use a spear as my main weapon. Look up the blood and Iron mod to see what you console peasants are missing out on. Oh and if you dont like me using the word peasant remember where we are and what game we are talking about.

I am running similaer setting to playor and my settings are on low I am still rarly getting above 30 FPS and i see drops as low as 3 FPS… 3 FPS REALLY WARHORSE GET ON IT, DO YOU JOB I PAIDED YOU 70 CAUSE I BOUGHT THE DLC AND YOU GIVE ME 3 FPS!!!

what is your system? you’ve read mine above.
The game is CPU intensive in that it is constantly stream creating as you go.
Seems to me people that have and 8 core or better CPU with 8-12 threading and DDR4 and Gen 3 PCIS socket for the GPU do better. tho there are places that tax even them like rattay and the merhoed military camp.

Its system minimums should run the game without dropping to 3 fps if thats not the case then those are not the minimum requirements and they have lied to consumers. I told you I have the same specs as the poster of this with but mine has 3 cores I think, its an AMD R300 or something, windows 10 and 4.0 ghz processor. Point is Warhorse needs to do there job and optimize there game its that simple!

I got several, but usually (to test my mod with a bad computer) i play on a computer with 8Gb RAM, Intel Core i5 gen4 with 4 core - 4570@3,2GHz, Sapphire Radeon R9 with 3GB VRam, Windows 7. And with my mod with KC:D v1.2 i was reaching 100+ fps without vsync, 60 with vsync set to 60 fps, except in town where i had stuttering. Now since 1.5 dev have made a great work since even without my mod stuttering has greatly been reduced with this rig. But the number of combination is huge between those who have nvidia 2 GBVRam and those who have 8GB Vram, those with amd or intel, those with i5 or i8, gen4 or 5 or 6, etc…) so dev will probably have still a lot of work to do but they should do it for the most common rigs. Then people like me will develop mods to help even more people to discover this rpg jewel.

@Alano_69
Now with 1.6.2 how does your mod stand? Still kind interested in it but the BES part is the stickler. I have even OC my CPU from 3.9 to 4.3 not much help. Basically comes down to needing 6 ot more threads for the CPU to talk to the system.

For 1.6.2 i don’t know, so there might has been a downgrade.

last try was back in 1.4.3 If I can’t get bes to see the game the rest of your mod isn’t any good. Now, don’t know haven’t tried since.

thankz man… I was looking for a solution to this problem for about a month…
I do got a 970 too with a fx 8150, but even on low settings my fps was droping to 5 and not passing 30…
so many ppl here saying the guy should upgrade to achieve 60 fps, but thanks to you, i can reach that with my config…
i did actualy put all on high and now i got betwen 30 and 60 fps, wich is great for me…
here is my pc…
fx 8150 (no oc)
gtx 970 gigabyte
8 gb hyper fury 1600
running on hd sata iii

thanks again for the config user file…

Hey, i am glad to help. KC:D is so much better with smooth framerates !