Riposte after 1.3.1

After patch 1.3.1 riposte(or how its called when i parry and strike at same time) doesnt work with anything exept longswords. Level 17 mace skill and i cant even complete the advanced training with Bernard. Same with axes and shortswords. Only block with any timing. Longsword works as usual.
Pure game without mods or something else.

4 Likes

I have the same problem, can’t complete mace riposte training, after I defeat the captain so he teach me to ripost with the mace the “press block button to ripost” promp doesn’t appear and I can just parry until the training just ends after a while. I can complete sword riposte training without problem.

2 Likes

Same here, a lot of people are experiencing this bug

Same problem here, i can just parry until the training finishes. I have tried only mace training tho.

Also having this issue. Cannot complete training with captain Bernard

Same here, was going for a mace marathon second time around, but have to put that one aside for now😳

Seems like whack a mole except bugs instead of moles

I´ve got the same Problem… Stuck in training with bernard. Riposte won´t trigger with mace.
Bummer.

I have the same problem. If you are stuck in training with Bernard, you have two solutions. Either keep doing it and failing for about five minutes until he finally gives up and walks away, or reload. It is very irritating if you did not save immediately before training as I did. I also did not realize it was a bug or that Bernard would eventually stop swinging in slow motion and you could get out of this seemingly endless loop of frustration, so I lost over an hour worth of gameplay due to this. I also kept trying over and over thinking that I was doing something wrong. Now I am positive its a bug, since the same thing that works with a longsword does not work with a shortsword or other swords that I have trained the skill for.

1 Like

Yep, me too. Axe and Mace riposte tutorials won’t work. Started a new game in 1.3.1.

Confirmed here also. I had Immersive Balance installed, tried it with this mod and without. The timing for the long-sword tutorial seems off aswell, but I was able to complete that one. Mace and Axe are buggered.

Dear All,
I’ve encountered the same bug . It seems that " riposte" skill is not working anymore. i have Defence 20, and sword level 17 and when i use any weapon i can’t do more than block , available both in training and on map battles/quests.

Please Warhorse Studios fix this bug , it is getting frustrating.
Br,
Frosty

I’m having the same. Get to the point where Bernard is tests my mace skill and then shows Henry how to riposte. When told to do three riposte, i’m unable to complete one correct riposte. I tried maybe 100 times

Frost-Byte Does it not work even with longswords for you? It works fine with a longsword , as long as I don’t have a shield on the other hand. It does not work with any other weapon for me however.

I also had this issue and I found the solution, but you’ll need the cheat mod.
1.Install the mod from nexusmods.
2. After that, add these perks using the following lines:
cheat_add_perk id:099599c2-6118-4a60-b944-74efb72facd2 (riposte perk with shield)
cheat_add_perk id:4ce9d281-afa1-4183-a0e8-1266e996a79d (riposte with shortsword)
cheat_add_perk id:981cde0c-ffff-4cc7-9d99-183ac1a2f271 (riposte with axe)
cheat_add_perk id:56022fd9-5703-4663-9c14-2859ac21b647 (riposte with mace)
If longsword doesn’t work aswell, then here’s the perk: cheat_add_perk id:a1a9bac2-6973-4f5d-9ee2-9afe9654eb5c
Now it works!

2 Likes

Yeah, I tried all the weapons, and it does not work for anything except longsword. Even shortsword doesn’t work with or without a shield for me. This bug breaks the entire combat system, which is the main draw for this game. Whoever let this slip through, is probably in some trouble right now.

Thanks a bunch! I just downloaded the mod and used those lines in the console. It seems to have worked, as it says they are now enabled. I’ll test it out and get back.

Edit again- It works! Wow this problem is finally solved for me! Now if only those random encounters were back. I have not seen a single bandit or peasant in almost 12 hours of my new playthrough.

1 Like

i thought i was the only one, man Warhorse can’t do a simple patch right…

1 Like

Thank you very much, a very handy solution. I should have thought that there were perks tied with ripostes.

1 Like

Edit again- It works! Wow this problem is finally solved for me! Now if only those random encounters were back. I have not seen a single bandit or peasant in almost 12 hours of my new playthrough.

For me the bug about random encounters got away after some time. Now they suddenly work as before. I had not a single encounter for at least 20 hours then, magically and suddenly, it began working and now I receive random encounters even too often.

Bah.

I sincerely don’t know if also in other cases the bug will resolve by itself or if I did something that switched them on again, but there’s something definitely fishing going on.