So I’ve recently embarked upon an interesting new playline, in which, i as Henry, try to live a simple, pure life and I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the peacefulness and immersion.
The rules that I have set out for myself are:
- Playing on hardcore mode with all negative perks.
- No gambling.
- No drinking.
- No sneaking, lock picking, looting of corpses or any kind of theft, even groschen found in tree stumps.
- No bathhouses or intimacy with women.
- No running, unless trying to run away from combat.
- No combat, unless unavoidable e.g. the fight with Runt.
- Must spend some time a day praying in church.
- Only wear a long white shirt, with plain hose and shoes.
- Must tip merchants as much as possible and have them pay less when buying from me.
- No hunting, unless player is a master huntsmen.
I’ve probably forgotten a few, but you get the point. I’m also trying to role play it as much as possible too, for example cooking and sitting down to eat food and getting undressed to go to bed. The story does get in the way of a few of these rules at some point and the game mechanics too.
All in all though, I would highly recommend this play style to any keen role players or anyone looking for a new way to play the game. I should also point that I am not religious and this doesn’t get in the way of playing it this way.