Seriously czech culture

Operation flashpoint or Mafia are much more from our history then some kind of Henry and his images. I dont care about Henry. The biggest AAA game budget ever game done ignored us. Childish is to support it. Vávra knows it is wrong and now he doeant want to hear even a little bit about czech dub.

Bla bla bla, this was answered.

so you don’t like the game and this is your excuse for being a dick about it. tell me exactly how the made up locations and stories of OFP and Mafia are much more your history than the actual history of your country? This should be good.

2 Likes

You are The d*, History is a culture, language makes culture. ‘‘Oh our language is missing’’ We are here. Make the games about our history in GER and FRA, when you conquer our weakaning army, people (thanks KC for add).

(1) I expect a Czech version to come out later. Pay bills firstly
(2) Czech economy is like Korea’s, too small to be an industry player based on domestic market. Gotta target the large accessible markets (France, Germany, US) to make bank.
Long story short - odd but understandable

I am really looking forward to, when your people start to complain in few hundred years about, wtf its not eng dubbed, but its in china and arab language instead."

ESL is big in China, Japan, Korea, etc. not going to hold my breath on that

…but Mafia 2 was based on AMERICAN culture. More specifically, about how European immigrants fought to make their way up the social ladder in the crime ridden gangsta era of Italian American culture from 1930-1955 or so. Mafia 2 setting was designed to simulate NY City gangland during that time frame. So I don’t understand what you mean by “Mafia being much more from your history”?

Or am I losing something in the translation here?

Yeah, that would people understand. But even when they are getting extremely high profit now, they wont add your point (1)
They are going to keep the money. And wont waste time for some czech language.

Mafia and OFP is now a czech history as a showcase of how people in our gaming industry should make the AAA games.

so in short people not paying for the game are expecting a developer to cater for their language out of the goodness of their hart, just because the developer is in the same country as the self entitled morons who DONT support the said developer by spending their money thus supporting the developer.

maybe the Czech developers are aware of their fellow countryman’s attitude to use of torrents vs. paying money?

:wink:

4 Likes

@MattStranger Are you playing on PC or console?

PC is a simple fix through free player created mods…

Answered before. Dont say czech developers, but warhorse studios.

Just by looking at avatar i do smell trolling spirit. Amen. :smirk:

why not say czech developers, after all BIS had FADE as a DRM built into e.g. ARMA 2/3 in order to combat torrent users

Troll is a meaning which depends on the words used. Everybody has their own opinions. Feel free

Arma is different story. There is no officially czech army, czech castles , no Sázava, Rataje nad Sázavou, Stříbrná Skalice, no Jindřich.
Oh and BIS wasnt saying anything about History. Witcher is a nice showcase how the base should be built and its not historical game.

I get that you are upset but… you are flat wrong.

6 Likes

I for one would love to play with Czech voices and English subtitles. Then it would be a truly authentic experience.

1 Like

That’s not the point. Obviously a game this scope needs to sell worldwide to make money, and that means English. My point is that it just feels really weird to have english voice actors awkwardly say czech lines during fights, and on top of that half the towns/villages have had their names (if you set your game to english) translated to german. Even though I was going to play KCD in english, the language I play pretty much everything else in, I had to keep it in czech because I just had no idea what all the german names for armor pieces and towns meant.

1 Like