Seriously czech culture

Good work from czech graphic designers. Feel sorry, that main management pissed off they work just for a few coins to deny truly authentic experience.

What there is like 10 million people in the Czech Republic? How many of those are gamers? and how many of those gamers would buy the game? You would probably have such a small market it wouldn’t even pay for the voice acting.

2 Likes

yes but my reply was to do with why not say “czech developers” while citing a czech developer who made their own DRM to combat torrent users, which itself was relating to your statement “There is so many players in my neighbourhood which downloaded the game from torrents.”

You are a victim of capitalism, becouse you truly believe what they say.

Let’s ask the important Question: Why aren’t you writing in czech but in english? Right because you wanted to be understood. It’s the same with the Devs, they made the game in the languages that the fanbase will understand.

If the localication costs you say 50.000€ and you got 500 people more, that would buy the game if it was in czech, this would leave you with more than -25.000€. It’s just a money-thing, i’m sry for you.

6 Likes
  1. I am writing it at czech too.

2)Again, Capitalism judgement. This game already won a jackpot globally. Problem are the managers which made the game on fashion, not with passion like lowbase developers did. Ultimate experience of whole nature, architecture and close authentic history is screwed. And for czech and slovak people it is like palm to the face.

I think the dubbing in french and german is simply because germany and france do not accept games that aren’t dubbed in their tongue or so i’ve heard.

What’s wrong with nationalism? It would be stupid not to take your own people’s side in a world where every other people does.

1 Like

I never played a game set in medieval southern germany. Also never heard of one. Still i’m not that butthurt

I Understand that you would like to get a localization in your language, sure, but as mick Jagger teached us: You can’t always get what you want.
And i no it’s kinda sad that most games don’t have eastern europe localization but hey, it’s not like thats the end of the world.

I get your fustustration, but beating each other’s pricks about this isnt going to solve this problem. You’re acting like a whiny child that is not helping your case. If you instead start something going on advocating for czech VOs reasonably and politelty, then people will emphasize you and support you more, what you’re doing now is to give people impressions that you’re more of a troll or a crazy nationalist.

2 Likes

Guys, let’s just appreciate things we have already. WH selling the game, getting a bit of budget. Have patience and maybe, in the next game, you’ll see your czech voice-over :relieved:

2 Likes

Don’t forget about topic, leather-boy.

Mafia for had 10% of dialogues in comparison to Kingdom Come.

they’re doing it to piss you off specifically because they knew you’d make this topic

3 Likes

Mafia2 was a bullshit. Game with potential of its predecessor allowing to ride 80mph in town in front of police, allowing to cross junction on red lights
the only good thing was story itself.

And i gotta das you head your try with Communism - think you didn’t Like it did you? :stuck_out_tongue:

^^
This

It’s like saying WTF is WH releasing KCD to gamers in the entire USA (est pop 350 million) instead of to the gamers living in Los Angeles county, California (est pop 9.5M) ? LMAO

I played this game for a while now and I must say it is great. occasional bugs, but it shows our history nicely, gameplay is great. I will buy it on sale, game deserve atleast something from me. If there would be czech-dub language, then it would be gem of this decade and I would pay the full price and the other DLCs later. Still sad it is not czech anyway. :neutral_face:

I missed the initial griping here, but I will say this as an American with some Czech ancestry:

Even if I couldn’t understand it, I would have liked the option to play the game with a Czech dub and English subtitles. Henry has to learn how to read. I might have managed to learn a few things myself.

However, not having a Czech dub is not the end of the world. The fact remains they still made a game that is focused on a part of history in that region, they put a lot of time and effort into trying to make it look and feel the way it might have while accounting for RPG elements, and there’s a lot you can do over the course of the game. I’ve put in multiple days of gameplay and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface so far.

It’s nice that you came back in to give some credit to it where it’s due, but you probably shouldn’t be admitting here that you and others are stealing by downloading it via torrents, even if you buy it at a discount later on. That’s not a very good way to encourage the Czech dub you want, nor is accusing Vavra and other Czechs of being foreigners. He grew up in a communist regime, right there in your country, and he’s doing something that’s had some success and could lead to some more variety in the video game industry. That’s something you should be proud of.

3 Likes