Severe Bugs on 5th playthrough attempt

So I’ve tried to play this game through 4 or 5 times at this point. I always get stuck with some sort of weird bug or glitch that ruins the game for me. It seems like the longer I play the game, and the more saves I have, the worse the game gets. Almost like it’s degrading over time. When I start a new campaign the slide transitions are fast, everything loads quickly, the textures load, there’s no bugs… After the “Nest of Vipers” quest, things start to get really bad. That’s usually when I start to notice the game go down hill. After that textures just never want to load. And when I mean never, I mean never. The only way I can get them to load is to change the texture setting from High to medium, and then back to high again. Or close the game and re launch it. Console commands don’t work. The texture issues are really annoying because they fail to load everywhere, including character models, my horse, trees, buildings, enemies. People just pop in right in front of my face sometimes. Sometimes I can hear my horse right next to me, but I can’t see it. I’ll list my system specs below, however, I’ve tried playing the game on two separate systems already, and the game does the same stuff on both of them.

So this is a video of my arrows disappearing during an archery competition , and then the competitors will freeze up and I can’t actually complete the archery competition. The game doesn’t reward you with coin or skill until after the competition is finished, so I can’t even compete.

Here’s an example of Bernard quitting in the middle of a fight, for no reason and walking away. I engage with him in a couple different fights in this video, so watch it all the way through, you’ll see what I mean. He just quits out of nowhere , and he does it every time. I can’t get him to stay and train with me , no matter what weapon.

Here’s another video of Bernard doing the same thing with no weapons the next day.

Here’s a video of the texture issue, and the textures will never actually load until I take action on them. When I first start playing the game, sometimes the textures take a second to pop in, but this is different. After I get about a third of the way through the game the textures just never load all over the place. If anybody wants to see this video in long format just say the word, I have the whole video on my SSD. I can stand there starring at the texture for 10 minutes and they never load.

I have more videos coming, they are processing at the moment, I’ll add them when they finish.

The major bugs that break my game are here again, and I’ve done everything people told me to. I tried avoiding them , and I played the game extremely cautiously. Bernard refuses to train with me again, and the archers wont compete. Textures don’t want to load all over the map, and the load times get worse and worse as I progress through the game. When I first start playing, the load screens are less than a second interval. Now it might take 5 minutes just to get out of the bathhouse loading screen. I’m not kidding.

So yeah, this game is severely broken, I’m sending yet again another game file to the developers, let’s see what happens. At this point I give up on the game, and I consider this borderline fraud. I was sold a game that does not work, and my system specifications meet and exceed the requirements by a long shot. Support doesn’t help me via Email, and I’ve yet to run into anybody on the forums who can solve any of these issues. Mostly people just say “wow those are strange bugs”, and that’s all I get.

And just an FYI, every single bug I experience is also common among other users. I have found dozens upon dozens of people on youtube, reddit, and this forum who experience the same bugs I do. So this isn’t exclusive to me. That’s very important because a lot of people assume I’m doing something wrong. If I’m doing something wrong, then so are dozens of other people with the same bugs.

System Specs

Windows 10 Home - latest patch
I7 - 7700
GTX1080 - latest drivers
16gb DDR4
1tb SSD
S2716DG 144hz Gsync monitor

I always keep drivers up to date. I’ve got a library of 50+ games, including titles like GTAV, Project Cars 2, PUBG, BF1, Forza 7 , Assetto Corsa, The Witcher 3, Far Cry 5, Resident Evil 2, Rust, Fortnite, Overwatch , and many more. None of my other games have problems like this. Every other piece of software I own functions professionally and properly. Yes some games have bugs, but nothing like this. The bugs in KCD are game breaking by definition , at least for me anyways.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is the first video game I have never been able to complete because of bugs, and I’ve been gaming since the 90s.

@Shady: It’s been awhile since we talked. Was wondering when you were going to report back. But this time you have multiple videos as proof. I really don’t know what to say. You’re getting multiple game breaking bugs, none of which I’ve ever experienced. I’m wondering, what version of the game are you running? Load up KCD and take a screenshot of the title screen, the version will appear there at the bottom. I asked before whether you had got the game from GOG or Steam, but you never responded. If steam, it should be fully up to date. If GOG, maybe not, you might have to update manually if you dont use GOG Galaxy. Oh, and I really don’t care if you have a pirated/cracked version, what others do on the Net is none of my business or concern. But if that’s really how you got the game, then you would need to update it manually since it is likely out of date. The possibility of modded crack files causing the bugs is there, but remote. I’m not accusing, just pointing this out, since I’ve experienced it. I do my fair share of piracy but did eventually pay for KCD and all DLC. For me it comes down to affordability and whether I think the devs deserve my money.

I own the game on Steam. I have never used a mod for this game in my entire life.

Yes, I’ve been quite busy. The weather is starting to change around my area and I’ve been getting ready for the spring, changing out the winter doors , taking the gas out of my snow blower etc. I haven’t had that much time to play through, plus I re-installed this game from the beginning in hopes it would do something. So yeah, it took a while.

Do you want to see my steam receipt for the game? I can show you anything you want.

No, I don’t care to see your receipt, I’m not interoggating. Like I said, even if you did torrent it, that doesn’t bother me at all. Plenty of people in 3rd world countries can’t afford $60 for a game. So it’s very real. Since you say you got it on Steam, then I will assume your game version is 1.8.2 (latest so far). But it’s been so long since you paid for it that getting a refund from Steam is very unlikely. If that’s what you want.

I do not torrent video games. I buy the games I own, which is why I’m extremely frustrated. I spent 60 dollars on a game that doesn’t work. It basically only plays to about a third of the way through, and then the bugs just get too bad to play. The same thing has happened on two separate hard drives, on two separate PC builds, with three separate installations of the game. And I can show you dozens of people who are reporting the same bugs I get. So yeah, this is real.

I would have asked that you upload one save, so that I and others can load it to see if we get the same bugs. Then hardware can be ruled out, or not. KCD saves do not contain personal info, but they might have info about your PC specs (doubtful). Did you test the one I uploaded to see if you encountered same issues?

No, I don’t feel comfortable downloading files from random people online, or sending files to random people online. Unfortunately I had already started to re-install the game before you sent them, and I didn’t want to load them. I wanted to play from a fresh install, as you suggested. I do not feel comfortable sending files to random people who are not associated with the publisher. If you would like, I can make a video and record it with my phone. I’ll save the game file, and download it and open it up on the PC upstairs. It’s not hardware related, or if it is, it’s not user error. I’ve seen Gsync , or high refresh displays mess with games sometimes, but that’s developer error.

I’ll say it one last time. I can send you dozens of people with the same exact bugs. They are not even slightly different. Like me, these people cannot get Bernard to train. He quits after 30 or 45 seconds of training repeatedly. The texture issue as well. Also, keep in mind, this game works flawlessly for me , but degrades as time goes on. All of the bugs I’m experiencing now, were not there when I was playing through the first couple of quests. Bernard was training normally. After a while the bugs start to happen, and they get worse and worse and time goes on.

Have you ever tried opening game saves (not just KCD) with a hex editor? Mostly you will just find garbled random strings of letters/numbers. I’ve did this quite a bit and never found any save to contain anything more than references to game data, and maybe PC specs. Not wanting to try files from random people is understandable, there is the possibility of viruses. But it is extremely unlikely in a save. An exe file, sure, but that’s an executable binary, saves aren’t.

That may very well be the case. All I can tell you is, if it’s hardware related, it’s happening on two separate systems with different hardware, as well as dozens of other users on YouTube and Reddit. So maybe we all have something in common. That’s why I post my system specs on here, as well as when I send the files to the devs. I’ve already sent the saved game file to the dev’s. I’m just posting it here because I want consumers to see this stuff. I hope nobody else has to go through this without fair warning. Every single negative review on steam is about bugs. And they’re all recent reviews. They’re not a year old.

I haven’t found one negative review about the game itself. They all say “Wow , this game would be awesome if I could actually play it”, “Wow, this game is great, until it breaks”. “Too many bugs , can’t play the game”. There’s not one bad review about the game itself.

The devs get tons of bug reports, I don’t think they will bother responding unless you have reported such a severe bug that makes the game break at the most important points (i.e. main story). Good luck with that though. Perhaps you could put a bit of pressure on the devs, maybe have them contact Steam with your info and request a refund on your behalf.

Well the bug I’m running into is consistent enough for me to be able to predict when it’s going to surface, multiple times. And it only gets worse from here. I’ve got more videos coming. At this point it would take 3 or 4 times as long to train as it normally would, and it keeps getting worse. Eventually Bernard will only train for about 25 to 30 seconds. So at that pace you’re looking at probably multiple hours to train up a level of a single weapon. And there’s multiple weapons. I gave up on Bernard and just decided to use the bow, and even the archery competitions are broken.

So basically I’m down to only being able to train the bow in Ledechko , and I’m only able to train weapons before Nest of Vipers. If I dedicated all my time training weapons before that first battle, I can try and play through the game with limited weapon skills, but other things are breaking as well. Textures don’t want to load , ever, things pop in and out randomly, load times get longer and longer etc. This is the new gold standard for bugs. I’ve never seen anything like this in my entire life. I’ve never even seen a game get reviewed this harshly for bugs either. Rust was the only other game I’ve seen release like that, but at least Rust was in beta. This game is out of beta and it’s still broken for A LOT of people.

So, you approach Bernard during the daytime. he will spar with you for half a min at most, then quits? Are you actively engaging him? I have seen times where he will suddenly quit if I am not striking him. And other times when he refuses to attack, only blocks. But I was able to train with him today continuously for 10 mins straight.

Before Nest Of Vipers, Bernard trains as you would expect. He will train with me until I’m out of health, or until the night falls. Before Nest Of Vipers I can train until I’m out of health, drink MC’s, regen and keep training. Right around Nest Of Vipers something happens with this game. The textures stop loading everywhere, player models wont load until they’re right in front of my face, and bugs start popping up everywhere. Bernard quits in a series of different circumstances. Sometimes he quits after I hit him, sometimes he just walks away, but it keeps getting worse and worse. The first time he does it and wont do it for several more training sessions. Once it gets bad it hits an event horizon and there’s no going back. Then I can’t get him to train for much longer than 25 seconds at a time.

If that isn’t game breaking I don’t know what is. That’s worse than any other bug I’ve seen in any other game I’ve played since Half Life 1. I’ve been around a lot of games man. I’m not new to this or anything, i promise.

OK, I have never did the Nest Of Vipers quest, but I am close. I am still on my first game playthrough in normal mode, I’m not in a hurry to finish the game, I just want to take it slow and explore everything. I can start NOV right now if I want, but havent. I’ll be on the lookout for similar behavior with Bernard. But I doubt it will happen for me.

Oh it happens for a lot of people. There’s entire reddit pages of people complaining about that bug specifically. Other people have uploaded the same exact bug to youtube, and in the comments there are several people complaining that the bug is still there, and all the comments have lots of likes from other people. It’s not a unique problem. I seriously hope you can avoid it. It will ruin the game for you.

I’m going to try and keep playing the game past the normal point I quit though. I usually quit around the same place every time because the game just gets clogged up with bugs. Maybe there’s a certain quest or mission where some of this stuff cleans up. Everybody plays the game in a different way, so maybe I’m just focusing a lot of time in a vulnerable part of the game and I’m just overdosing on bugs. I’ll try and do some main story quests and see what happens.

Right now my Henry is seriously OPed even though I’m only about halfway through the story. Most skills are at or near 20, I can defeat all but the toughest enemies with ease (mostly groups are the issue for me). I credit this to be due to my willingness to explore every nook and cranny, and engage in every activity. Which includes all the different types of training I can get. I dont really need to train with Bernard, I do it for practice so I don’t get rusty.I get totally obsessed with shit like maxing out skills, perks, etc. Don’t even ask me about Elder Scrolls/Fallout.

I’ve got everything pretty much round around 12 to 15 level , all weapons, defense, skills. I do them equally so my character is pretty competent at everything. This game is amazing when it works. It’s my favorite game when it works, and then I get to the bugs and it breaks :frowning:

Btw, you’re not even half way done. If you haven’t done nest of vipers yet , you’re like a third of the way done or less.