Severe Bugs on 5th playthrough attempt

I can comment on Bernard. You are practicing With real weapons, and as you are playing on normal mode you can see his Health. You hurt him when using real weapons, and he will quit when his Health is too low. If you want longer practice, you must use wooden practice weapons (blunt weapons do damage, so With wooden mace you get the same problem - I do hope Warhorse will fix the wooden mace thing With Bernard, but it is not game breaking at all). The same for hand-to-hand, you can see in Your video that his Health is too low, and so he quits.

1 Like

This is not correct. He quits when I fight him with fists after the same interval. I’ve uploaded a video of this already. He does it no matter what I use. And afterward, he glitches out and paces back and fourth. Also, he is not always quitting after he gets hit with a shot (which would suggest a damage % is responsible for the disengagement). Most of the time he just stops fighting and walks away for no reason. If it were based on damage, you would expect him to only quit after he receives damage. I’m sorry, but the amount of excuses people have for this game are astonishing. I’ve already proved your claim to be inaccurate before you wrote on the thread?? Did you watch the videos? Do you want me to go to sleep, and arrive the next day and only uses fists? Just tell me what you want me to do and i’ll do it. Just tell me how to avoid the next 1000 excuses before I make it.

If he is quitting 30 seconds after I engage him with anything, then Bernard is a weak coward who shouldn’t be teaching anybody how to fight. I should be teaching him how to fight???

Uploading a video to youtube right now. I start the video around 7pm at night, I go to sleep, and I arrive to Bernard the following day , I only fight him with fists, and he quits fighting and walks away. Either Bernard is so easy I’m just a god and the game is not challenging enough for me, or the game is bugged and broken. You can decide. Either way, it’s not my fault.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

As I said - fighting hand-to-hand (fists) causes him damage - as you can see in your own videos you have posted here. This is not a bug - it is how the game is designed. Yes, I did indeed see your videos, and every time he quits, it’s becouse he has too low health. Watch the purple bar that is your opponents health.

If you want to practice longer, you will want to select practice-weapons, not real weapons. If you select maces, be aware that the wooden bludgeon do damage and he will quit when you have caused him too much damage. Wooden longsword, short sword and axe all do almost no damage so you can practice forever.

There was a glitch where Bernard or Hans would freeze in a pose - I do not know if it still is in the game, but it is ages since I saw it. If Hans freezes, you just have a easy time with him, but if Bernard freezes you must wait until the next day.

Read my last comment. bernard quit fighting and walked away before I could even train for 2 minutes with fists after he’s had a day to heal??? Why is bernard such a wussy boy? I’m going to teach you something about this forum… You’ll thank me later. I’m going to upload the video in a new thread, and I’m going to title the thread “This game is too easy”, and I’ll post the video where Bernard quits training after a minute and walks away because (he’s too low health lol). And you will see people comment and say “HA, that’s a bug”. See, they will only admit it’s a bug if I frame the argument as “this game is way too easy”. If I say it’s a bug, they will argue with me for the sake of arguing with me. This is my experience on this forum. People don’t care about what you’re saying. They just want to prove you wrong.

What is going on with these forums where I have to use reverse psychology to get people to admit this game is broken?

Either the game is so easy I can’t even train, because all of the trainers are pathetic weaklings… Or the game is broken. You don’t understand… either of these outcomes is bad.

If I can walk up to Bernard 4 days later and fight him with ONLY FISTS , and he quits after a minute of training because he’s too low on health, how am I supposed to level up anything? It will take way too long just to rank up one level. None of this was an issue before Nest Of Vipers. Before that quest I was able to train with weapons for 10+ minutes, regen, and keep training!!! Now I can’t even train with fists for 2 minutes??? COME ON

Half of the time the loading screen to exit the training session is longer than the actual training session itself… LOL

And I exceed the “recommended” not minimum, system requirements with every piece of hardware. So don’t tell me my hard drive can’t load a game fast enough. I’ve tried an HDD and an SSD (m.2), and it happens on both. The textures don’t load, player models don’t load, my horse doesn’t load (but i can hear it next to me and mount it lol). The bugs in this game are worse than a virus. We should use new terminology to define the sort of destructive nature of the bugs in this game. They’re apocalyptic.

The reason, is that when your skill-level increases, you do more damage.

As far as training, I treat the game as a roleplaying game and so I am not overdoing any of the training and get my skill levels up in other fights in my life in Bohemia and have no problem that I don’t get level 20 in all skills. I have no problems with any part of the game without maxing skills out. You can actually get through the game without much fighting and focus on other skills.

In fact, I think one-to-one fighting is easy once you master master-strikes and clinches. If there are more enemies, I tend to use my bow to reduce the numbers. I believe there is many that find the combat easy, and some find it difficult. Personally, the difficulty is when you get too many enemies at once.

Is the game broken becouse I don’t need to max out the skills? In my opinion not at all. It is in my opinion the best roleplaying game to date - as I am a huge fan of medieval roleplaying.

Yeah, but you don’t know my history with this game. The entire reason I started training so much early in the game, is because people on this forum called me “incompetent” for not doing so. I found instances in the game where Bernard would just disappear and get stuck in a bug after the Timmy mission, and wouldn’t return to Rattay. He would mount his horse, start heading back to Rattay, dismount on the way home, remount his horse and head back to Uzhitz. When I pointed this bug out, I was scoffed at by a mod who told me I should train more before “The Hunt Begins” quest. The bug I would experience where Bernard would vanish would linger around for a long time. He wouldn’t return to the training station for 5+ quests later, and I was checking every day in the afternoon. He would just sleep in Uzhitz forever… Eventually one of the quests brings him back to Rattay and the bug stops. But that’s the thing, I’ve been running into bugs with this game non stop, and every time i point them out, people tell me to try and play the game differently, and I do, and then run into more issues, and then they tell me to revert back to the old way. I’m tired of having to play the game in a bunch of different ways to avoid bugs.

So I decided to start training more earlier on not knowing if this bug was going to return in future play-through attempts. Now I can’t train with anything because Bernard is such a wuss. How am I supposed to train up anything if he can’t even manage 2 minutes with fists? Explain that? How do I train when the loading screens after the training session are longer than the training session itself???

Why do you want to train your skill levels to max with Bernard? There are tons of enemies in the game you can fight if you so desire. The important training with Bernard is to learn combos and master strikes.

My advice would be to play the game as a roleplaying game and not grinding skills - but then again, you play the game as you want to play it. And, yes you can train with Bernard - but if you want to grind skills with him, you need to use wooden practice weapons, and with hand-to-hand and maces there are limits because you do him damage.

Because I don’t go around attacking random people, and the enemies that actually attack me are not challenging enough. They usually die after one or two blows with a weapon. I’ve never made it past “Nest Of Vipers” so I’m expecting enemies to get stronger eventually, which is why I’m training with berard. Keep in mind, I’m not even past level 10 on most of these weapon skills.

For the last time, it doesn’t matter if I use practice weapons or real weapons, he is too incompetent to train either. If he can’t even manage 60 seconds with fists, why is there even an option to train with real weapons? Is this game for blind folks?

Where do I find competent enemies? Tell me. Because the side quests and main quests aren’t it so far. I haven’t ran into any enemies that give me a challenge yet. Sometimes when I’m roaming around the woods hunting I get mobbed by 5 or 6 incredibly weak enemies that die after one or two blows. Where can I find the enemies you speak of that will put up a fight?

Even with Bernard being an incredibly weak wussy boy, he’s still putting up a better fight than the enemies that attack me. I’m sure if I got into fights with a bunch of guards I would be challenged, but I’m not trying to ruin my reputation. That’s not how I behave in real life either.

That you will find out playing the game. I’m not here to spoil, but point out that Bernard will quit training if his health gets too low. But, you should have gathered that I do not need high skill levels in combat to do things in the game or get through the game.

I’m playing the game as previous users and mods told me to after the first play-through attempt. The first time I played this game, enemies destroyed me in the early game, or they were way too easy. I’ve still never had a lasting fight with enemies. To avoid getting my ass kicked in the early game, everybody told me to train and become more competent. The problem is, once I get to level 8 or 9, everybody is just too easy? Boring. I’m asking you to spoil the game for me. Tell me where I can find challenging enemies. lets get to the bottom of this.

I think you’re wrong. I think there’s a flaw with this game where you’re either too skilled, or not skilled enough. It’s one extreme or the other. A fun engagement with enemies requires there to be a matching skill level between the opponents, and you never know who you’re going to run into, so you’re always above or below them in skill, making the fights too fast in either direction. Either you get destroyed in 2 hits, or you destroy them in 2 hits.

So I’ll ask you very nicely to spoil the game for me, and tell me where I can find enemies that will put up a lasting fight. Something fun. Lets say, an enemy that I can have a duel with for at least 30 seconds. Not one that’s going to kill me with 1 blow, or die with 1 blow. I’ve already pointed out that this is probably a massive flaw in the development, and I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume I’m just fighting the wrong enemies.

You only really have to fight one fight in the game. There is so much more to the game than fighting. But, I do not have an issue with the fighting in the game. I think the fighting is okay, not the best and not the worse. That is not what makes this game the best roleplaying game for me. I do not look for a fighting simulator when I play a roleplaying game.

I do however like that it is hard to fight many enemies at once - actually no matter their equipment if there are enough. In my experience, they all do master strikes a lot, and I can’t see there is any difference. The difference is what equipment they are wearing. Bandits around Skalitz is tougher because they use plate armor. Cumans have different armor and the leaders have the best armor, and the archers have less armor.

So the answer is easy - you do not need much levels in the different skills. The levels will come as they come when you do fight, or not if you do not fight. Or, if you do something else, you get skill levels doing that (stealth for example).

I agree, I don’t look for fights either. However, if I don’t train, and I’m attacked, I will get absolutely destroyed. So I have to train… Do you understand? Because I do not know what to expect going forward, I am taking the advice of a mod, and other players, and I’m training. I’m only at level 8 and you’re telling me I’m training too much now? So which is it?

I don’t know if I’m going to run into a mob of competent enemies, or not… Which means I’m training as if I would in real life. I’m training to be competent, so that I don’t die. That’s what I would do in real life, and that’s what I’m doing in the game. I’m not leaving the uncertainty manifest as a death. If you’re telling me to role play, that’s role playing. That’s exactly what people do IRL.

You don’t know what you’re going to face in the future. So you train until you feel competent enough to take on a challenge. The problem is, I’m starting to realize… I’m either too competent, or too incompetent, and everything is bland. Apparently there’s a competence sweet spot, and if you’re not in it, you’re either a god, or the enemies are gods.

You can run away… there is no shame in running from a fight you will loose to live another day… or is it? I don’t know your Henry.
I have played the game many times, not all alike. And my Henry’s have run away alot… (and ofcourse, sometimes died in the attempt).

But, if your beating your teacher that much, wouldn’t you be confident that you should prevail? At least one on one?

I have no idea if I can plow through enemies until I start fighting them. If I spend my life running from challenges, I am not being challenged… Which means I’m not playing the game. So the only way for me to find out is to engage in the fight. Before I trained, the enemies usually rocked me in 1 or 2 blows. Now that I’ve trained to about level 8, it’s the extreme opposite. Now i can destroy everything like I’m the second coming of Christ.

I’m just assuming there are going to be challenging enemies , so I train. Now you’re saying I’ve trained too much. How was I supposed to know that? There are what, 20 levels per skill? I’m not even half way there and I’m destroying everything? What? This game is poorly executed if that’s the case. Very poorly executed.

There’s something off with this game. I can’t put my finger on it. Maybe it’s just the amateur mistakes of a rookie development team. It’s hard to say because I really don’t know who to trust, or what’s happening. Literally everybody tells me something different.

So, you engage in a fight and find that you are loosing - so you run away, or try to run away. What is the problem with that? If you find fighting 5-6 enemies at once easy, your skill (more than Henry’s) must be really good, and you must wear good armor (because you will get hit).

There are ofcourse lots of things that can be improved. I’ve yet to play a game that is perfect. Yes, there are bugs and glitches, but nothing I can’t live with. I think the fighting and skill system in the game is okay - I do however detest grinding, so I like the fact that you do not need to max out skills.

The point in this thread for me however, was that your videos of Bernard is not a bug, but game design - he will quit when his health is too low. You can like or dislike it, but it still is not a bug. In my opinion it is not a issue at all.

Early on , a lot of people told me “this game isn’t for you”, and I took that as an insult. To me that sounded like “you’re not smart enough or competent enough to play a game like this”. However, I think they were right. I’m a very competitive person. I hate team sports because I can only control my own competence. I like competing against people in sports or games where I can put my skill set up against an opponent. Like golf, tennis, sim racing, and combat sports like mixed martial arts. This game isn’t really suitable for competitive people I guess. I think it’s more suitable for people who prefer reading novels or stories. Maybe that’s what people mean when they say “this game isn’t for you”. Typically that phrase is used as a way to insult somebody’s competence. It might be the other way around this time.

If that’s true, it explains why I’m constantly frustrated with this game. I want to be challenged, but maybe this game isn’t about being challenged. Perhaps it’s more of a story , and there are some challenging aspects to the game, but those aspects are not the foundation of the experience, and I’m expecting them to be the foundation because that’s what most games do.

I don’t think it is my, or anyone else’s place to say “this is not a game for you”. The only person to know that is you.
However, this game is a roleplaying game with a first person view and an open world design with heavy weight on storytelling. And from my perspective, it is a truly masterpiece in that regard. I do not find many bugs.

I have not mentioned your graphical issues - I have not experienced them, and I have no knowledge where the problem is so I can’t help you. But, the thing with Bernard is not a bug. If you do want to play the game, you must play the game as designed. If you dislike the design so much, then perhaps the game is not for you - but only you can know that.