Severe Bugs on 5th playthrough attempt

From the videos you posted everything seems to be working fine. Bernard quit because you kicked his ass. The long loading times happens to me all the time when first booting up. It happens with all games. It loads fine after that though, it is just that first time after booting up the computer.

Fogot about the first vid, that is a bug, but atleast your arrows are still registering hits, so it’s not too bad.

Well, that’s what I’ve been trying to find out. The problem is, I hear different things from everybody. 90% of the people I’ve talked to claim Bernard kicks their ass. Or they tell me the fighting mechanics are very complex and challenging. Or they say the game is hard. So I barely start to prepare for what I expect to be a challenging game, and now everything is too easy.

It’s my belief that users report a wildly inconsistent review of this game precisely because of this sweet spot flaw. If you are not prepared, you will get destroyed , which makes the game feel very challenging and hard. If you are even slightly prepared , the game is far too easy, and people like yourself claim the game is not about any of that, and is instead something completely different.

No, that is too bad. I couldn’t even finish the competition. The other competitors stop shooting. I don’t get rewarded with money or skill. I was getting bullseye’s every single shot until the bug popped up. Then I started missing, which means I would have lost the competition even if the other bug didn’t pop up. That archer competition was several bugs in one. Please stop.

I have issues with textures loading all over the game. I’m tired of people downplaying these bugs. These are severe issues.

I have posted videos of other bugs where my reputation gets ruined in towns because it fails to show me that I’m in a private area , and then I get arrested. Or I end up leaving a town when I’m being chased by guards, and I don’t know it because the indication icon fails to pop up. One time I was wanted in like 6 different towns , and I had no idea why. When I went back and watched the footage, it was because the private area icons weren’t popping up. Or I would buy a service in a town, and I would get arrested when it was done. There are so many issues with this game, the Bernard issue is just the icing on the cake. Do you want me to make a new thread and re-list all of these issues. I’ve done this like 9 times.

Just rewatched the first one, ok I will give you that one.

There are literally dozens upon dozens of bugs that I experience that are everywhere. They are never ending, and are constant. If I start playing the game right now, within 2 minutes I am running into issues where textures aren’t loading, player models aren’t loading, my horse is invisible, or a combination of all of them. Archer arrow’s disappearing, competitions freezing in the middle of the competition, Bernard is an incompetent wuss, private area icons don’t load, it’s a mess.

If you don’t think these are severe issues, you need to raise the bar. I have never in my entire life experienced issues like this in a game. I’ve been playing PC games since the 90s.

Well I’ve not run into any of these, apart from the texture issues and those are minor. The worst I have gotten is falling through the floor, whch was easily fixed by saving and reloading. I don’t understand how you are getting so many issues, even your PC specs are better than mine lol.

The texture issues alone are severe. If I want textures to start loading, I have to change the texture graphic setting so that the whole texture field re-loads. Which takes 3+ minutes. It takes FOREVER to change any of the graphics settings with this game. If I have the game installed on an HDD, it takes even longer. I’ve sat there for 10 minutes waiting for a graphic update on an HDD.

So just the texture issue alone is game breaking in my opinion. My horse disappears but only because the textures wont load. I can hear him right next to me. Enemies appear right in front of me, which means sometimes I end up swinging on a friendly and getting arrested. I’ve been in combat scenarios where enemies pop up in between me and the guy I’m fighting, and I hit the wrong guy and I get arrested. Or when I’m looking for people to trade with, they are invisible.

Tree textures don’t load properly, so most of my screen looks like I have the LOD bias set really low. I’ve posted screen shots of this in other posts. There’s no way to get them to load without changing the texture setting back and fourth, or quitting and re-launching.

This is what my game does, ALL THE TIME.

Why don’t you play the game instead of talking to others? I find it much more rewarding playing without a guiding hand. (Reading reviews is just not my cup of tea and I believe it is not a good thing for games at all. I read about the game to find out what kind of game it is, and buy it if I think it is my cup of tea).

You do however seem to have a lot of graphical issues. I’m sorry I can’t be of any help in that regard as I have not experienced them.

The developers were not forthcoming about the game, so that’s not my fault. They said the fighting mechanics were complex and challenging. They claimed to be the most advanced fighting mechanics, or at least were advertised as such. That’s what sparked my interest in the game initially. It was the challenge. I try and play the game , but I get endless bugs. So yeah, back to my original post. Hi.

And every time I try and start one of these threads, it turns into one or two people having a 16 page conversation, like you did, and then they tell me to go play the game. What do you think I’m trying to do? Why are you sitting here having a conversation with me if you’re not trying to help? Do you have any solutions or help? If not, we can stop the convo.

I will start as many threads about the bugs in this game if I continue experiencing them. Half of the bugs I have experienced, I didn’t even post in this thread, because I already posted them in other threads. Should I just re-compile all of the bugs. What will it take? How many bugs is too much? At what point will you say, okay that’s a lot of bugs? 50? 100? 200?

If my textures fail to load constantly, is that acceptable? Is that bad? Is that okay?

Here’s another one where I am wanted in a bunch of towns because the Icons weren’t popping up that tell me when I’m in a private area, or when the guards are after me. And then the wanted icon pops up, and I figure out what the hell happened. Why did the game put me in a private area for 2 hours , without my control, and then charge me with a crime? It should have told me that entire area was off limits first. But it’s not actually off limits. If I go back there right now, it wont do that again. THESE ARE BUGS. I have had NPC’s start attacking me for no reason and then when I fight back I get arrested. And when I mean no reason, I mean no reason. Like I’m just standing there, and somebody walks up behind me and punches me in the head and starts trash talking me. YES, they are not game breaking individually, however, the culmination of all of them together is a heap of bugs. 100 small bugs makes a giant broken game. It seems like a small portion of very loyal fans will argue against this to no avail, while people on reddit, youtube, and steam report the exact same experience I have.

Where was I supposed to read about these bugs? Why is the game still being sold for full price everywhere when the developers know about these bugs? I send them game files, and send them all of these videos. They just thank me and stop responding. I’ve been doing it for almost a year.

@Shady
Please update your grafic card driver. This “bug” only happens with old drivers. Maybe all your other grafic problems will also be fixed.

never seen any of these issues.
got bernard locked defenceless one time. Sometimes two of the batch girls stand in the same spot and look like little dirty ettins.
thats about it.