Small features that could definitely make a huge difference

A lot of KCD is just “eye candy” - like landscape. Careful reconstruction of Sasau Monastery is also sort of “eye candy”. These are not excuses, but reasons for a certain design decissions in early development stage. There is no limitation in a way that children could not be done at all. They could of course.

2 Likes

Eye candy? You can say that about horses too. Horses were a part of medieval like children!
They were not only for riding, but for the general immersion and accuracy.

1 Like

You can say that about every thing in the game, and if you are going to make a list I’ll help you get started:

Swords. Not really needed but they look good. Just like children. Immersion is KING.
Houses. The houses you can’t enter have no use anyway.
Trees. They are in the way. You can’t see the forest.
Rivers. They are irritating anyway. All that travelling around them. And the stupid “I can’t swim”. WTF.
Traders. Some of them sell stuff I’ll never buy anyway. WH could toss them out and let us have kids instead.

There.
That should get you started.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it matters to anyone, but WHS hasn’t got the mechanics of NPCs walking in a natural way rather than like a drill Sargent is giving them orders, and most of the animal mechanics is not natural either, so to add children running or playing in the street might be a stretch.

1 Like

For the most part I see “natural” mannerisms in in the NPC’s, of course there will be exceptions and odd happenings. THey are minor and general if you save and restart the oddities are gone.

Isn’t a RPG which focus on realism. KC:D is greater than Witcher 3 for the realism & the forests. I understand that you want witcher 3 in KC:D ; for this you can ride Roach.

No it isn’t a mentality to say something that makes sense. Galloping in a city makes sense, since dev have made it that way. So you say that dev and Mr Vavra have the mentality of a gta player ? Come on you can’t be serious ^^

You think that you are a knight but in fact you are like Capon when he learns Henry how to hunt a boar.

If you were a guard, how would you know that another member of the guards (Henry, since when he got a horse for the first time he has a horse) isn’t on a mission, or has an urgent message for Hanush or Radzig, or a way to cure a whole village, or many other reasons to gallop ?
I guess you know that he is on a mission to find Cumans, and the origin of the attcks, and a lot of important quests. He provides food, medicine, and a lot more for the soldiers, the citizens for example.

PS : sorry for my english

1 Like

Witcher 3 is fantasy, but with realistic content. The general towns and villages have realistic buildings from the medieval. Some weapons and armors are realistic too. If you would remove all that fantasy part away from the game, there would still remain a realistic part.

1 Like

Remember the first version of Microsoft Flight Simulator - or are you too young?

One of the first stuff to come out that wasn’t strictly about getting from A to B in a controlled manner was videos of people flying their planes into buildings.
It was totally pointless because the scenery was unresponsive, but still people did it. And I disagreed with it the same way I disagree with gallopping through a crowded street because of some excuse of imprtance to the mission of going from A to B.

Just because you can do it doesn’t make it right.
All games contain the possiblity to do stuff that isn’t right. I don’t have to agree with it, and I don’t.

My point is simply this. If we all cry about immersion and realistic whats’its, why not behave decently towards the civilian population?
Or use the horse as it actually was used?
No rider in their right mind would risk damage to the horse just for bragging rights and showoff.
They were too important and too valuable.

I realize that some people would, but I’m saying “no rider in their right mind”.

If you rode a horse at breakneck speeds through my neighborhood and killed a pedestrian…
I would find you.
And I would kill you.

You can buy a horse named Roach from the horse trader in Merhojad.

that is a tier 2 horse and at another place you can buy Kelpie, Ciri’s horse. BTW there is a mod for PC that will raise Roach to be equal in all categories to all T5 horse abilities.

well, this whole galloping debate got kind of heated. :joy:
My stance is that; as with many things considering crimes in open-world games, the player should have the choice to decide to ignore laws. Whether that’s for an urgent matter or if you can’t give a damn about the law is not really relevant in my opinion. Much like any crime, Henry could try to talk his way out of punishment of course.

Good stuff man!

If you are interested here is a similar list :slight_smile: Suggestions, Feedback and Nitpicks!

Exactly. KC:D has photorealistic buildings (the church in Sasau monastery). Could you tell me where IRL have been taken the pictures of the buildings in Witcher 3 ? (Rhetoric question)

I am too young for the first version of flight simulator.
You want to prevent other to gallop in town because you think it’s realistic (slippery stone when it rains, etc) ; so could you please if possible (lol), mister sir (lol) let other have the right to gallop in town if they want to ? Do you recognize that people have right to do something they want providing they are carefull enough to avoid to kill/hurt people ? Is it possible mister who think “I am the LAW” ?

No because you wouldn’t be able to follow me since i would gallop while you would trot, and you would break your neck on a slippery nut/rock xD !

To put it in a nutshell :wink: you (henry) have the mental age of Hans Capon and a nutshell as a brain since you would try to murder somebody right in front of guards (who disagree with you) thinking that you make the law. This while ignoring the real law and … only because you saw something that you don’t like ! You are a brainless Cuman !
Watch my Hardcore playthrough : i have never killed a human while galloping in a city so far : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa7SpO2hSMZHYAh7g5yE66A

My horse would last longer than yours, and I would eventually catch up.

And then I would kill you. Because in my Kingdom I AM THE LAW and I win.

Edit: It’s not murder if it is well deserved. NAH!
It is God’s will.

No because you would break your neck because you are a noob with a horse. And my horse is far better than your, he never gets tired.
I would kill you because you are a brainless cuman. I would toast you. You would dance to avoid my hits, but you are too weak.

Please, can we have an end to the member length measuring contest?

2 Likes

I would like to hear this one when Henry pays at a church for his sins to a priest.
Maybe the priest has to prompt it first because Henry can’t speak Latin.

“Confiteor Deo omnipotenti, beatae Mariae semper Virgini, beato Michaeli Archangelo, beato Ioanni Baptistae,
sanctis Apostolis Petro et Paulo, omnibus Sanctis, et vobis, fratres / et tibi, pater, quia peccavi nimis
cogitatione, verbo et opere: mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Ideo precor beatam Mariam semper Virginem,
beatum Michaelem Archangelum, beatum Ioannem Baptistam, sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum,
omnes Sanctos, et vos, fratres / et te, pater, orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum.”

1 Like

Yes of course. Pictures or it didn’t happen and all that.

But I simply have to respond to your sentence with this little bit from MeatSpace.

I’m a blood donor. In Denmark they were running a campaign to enlist more donors. I overheard them talking about translating the pamphlet into English.
And one of the nurses translated the headline quite litterally into:
“A small prick makes all the difference”.

Well there you are. I got it off my chest. It was fighting hard to get out, and I lost.

May you live forever and get lots of money.
I intend to. So far it’s going great. Except for the money part.