Small features that could definitely make a huge difference

These are really well made suggestions. They should all be implemented before another DLC is released!

I had a few ideas as well, my top 2 though are…

Wardrobes:
A quick button press to equip an entirely different wardrobe, 1 set for full plate armour, another for sneaking, a third for looking dapper around town etc.

Henry Sat Nav:
I don’t like Fast travel, it breaks immersion, so how about you click in a place in the map, then Henry talks to himself saying which way he should go at junctions?
Things like “I think it’s left here” or “This isn’t the way, its over to the east”
The horse auto walk could then also choose the correct path at junctions.

Lastly… Make the money chest at Pribyslawitz could have an auto sell option added, this would sell anything left in it over time and place the money from the sale into the chest.
This is just a quality of life improvement for coming back home with loads of heavy loot from bandits.

Also, could we get a few designated chests keep things in please? it is hard to organise with only 1.

4 Likes

@SirLoin
Maybe that works, but every decent game has full mouse support in dialogs. We have the year 2018 and having only keypad control is no longer up to date.

it would be pretty bad ass if you could tie a bandit up and throw him over your horse’s ass (like in the 1st red dead) so you can bring him to jail. it would give me some extra entertainment. i would have to throw some tied up bandits off cliffs lol.

4 Likes

XBox One Patch 1.5

I like the idea of “autosell” from the chest, but it should be held for later in the game, maybe once Henry has visited, at least once, all the shopkeepers.
It gets a little old having to go to the shop keepers so often, especially having to listen to their limited dialogue.
Maybe Peschak could be used as the middleman?
You “mark” the things you want to sell from the chest, then speak to Peschak.
Next time you look in the chest, your items have been sold and gold deposited minus Peschak’s seller fee.
Immersion complete.

I do see one game conflict with this.
Some shopkeepers have special items, like maps, books improved armor and weapons, that are essential to the progress of the game, and Henry will never see these, if he doesn’t visit the shopkeepers himself.
The creative people at WHS should be able to come up with a solution.

1 Like

So what part of my post is unclear to you?

Why do you keep talking about only keypad support in dialogues?

MOUSEWHEEL CHANGES DIALOGUE OPTIONS.
LEFT CLICK SELECT A GIVEN OPTION.
RIGHT CLICK SKIPS A LENGTHY WAFFLE YOU HAVE HEARD MANY TIMES BEFORE.

See? Easy. Mouse support already implemented. IT IS NOT ONLY KEYPAD SUPPORT.

2 Likes

Don’t know if the had “standing closets” in Henry’s time, but one for wardrobe would be nice and maybe a bookshelf too at the millers?

3 Likes

im sure many people said sword racks. so we can display our rare swords

4 Likes

@SirLoin
Nothing is unclear, but your comment is not enough for me to call it “mouse support”.
I want to have the possibility to select answers by moving the mouse over it like it’s in every RPG.

1 Like

So you want a mouse cursor?
Preferably shaped like a rodent.

1 Like

:laughing::grin:

1 Like

Yes I want a mouse cursor like it’s the normal way to select answers in any other RPG.

2 Likes

I believie that your view on the crossbow is a bit off. It’s biggest advantage was that it had a winding mechanism and with that, required much less training to use than bows. Crossbows had much higher draw weight, but also much shorter draw length than bows. That made kinetic energy of crossbow bolts and bow arrows comparable. And even the strongest crossbows and bows had no chance at killing someone though high quality breastplate and gambeson.

Not all had a winding winch. You should do more research before posting… Other less powerful used a “goats foot” to set the cross bow. a hook on a strap tied to a belt and a loop at the front for your foot to pin it down as you straighten up with the hook on the string.

There is one obvious thing missing from the game… Children. It is odd to see a village or city and no children.

I also would like to see more impact of a dialogue choice other than not do the side quest.

2 Likes

You are absolutely right. However “goat’s foot” was also a mechanism that hugely helped to draw the crossbow. Also as you said, crossbows using it were generally weaker. They didn’t stand a chance against plate armour.

Having children makes sense if they do childish things like playing.
And to be honest. Having a number of kids running around playing tag, would take up game resources for something not terribly important.
And as we all know by now, the game resources are already stretched very thin in places.

1 Like

Why just playing… They were also doing other things regularly… field work, selling goods, and so on… also childhood ended much earlier… 15/12 would be relatively standard numbers for boys/girlz these times…

1 Like

IRL Levi troops usually out numbered the plated knights and so,the lesser ones still had a place.

They gave chickens walking about…Replacing a few chickens with children would be child’s play.

2 Likes