Small features that could definitely make a huge difference

Children are definitely missing. How can a game aim to be historical accurate with no children in the towns?
There is no problem with children. Games like The Witcher or Skyrim do have children too and no problems with them!

And the resources can be tweaked. This game has a 64 bit engine and today a CPU has 8 or 16 cores with 16 or 32 threads. But here we have the shit console limitations again! :frowning: Don’t care about consoles. Make a game for PC first and then lower it down for consoles. Or make a “Remastered Edition” with children for PC and future consoles.

2 Likes

There was a big discussion about children during development, and there were good reasons why not to include them. But maybe we will see them in KCD2 … I expect they will at least be tempted to include them.

2 Likes

And not everyone has one.

You can actually murder NPC by running them over on horseback. It happened to me a few times by accident.

there are certain NPC guards you cannot kill by fighting and NPC 's too important to the game to kill off… For fun I once tried to kill all that came to try to arrest me for a failed sneak in Rattay. I ended up killing all the guards in rattay BUT ONE. I could get him half way but no more.

I love your list. All of these things have come up for me while playing the game too.

Some very small additions I would love to see:

• Being able to knock on doors and having people answer them instead of having to wait until the next day if they are indoors and you don’t want to trespass. Or perhaps having people answer to allow Henry to walk in after knocking, turning off the trespass temporarily.

• This is purely for immersion, but being able to interact with churches (crossing yourself with holy water upon entering, praying, or attending mass). I know it’s not critical and purely for gameplay enjoyment, and you could tie some kind of minor boost to it. For people who don’t want to go to the bath house for boosts, this might be a good alternative.

• Add a cleaner version of some of the helmets (like the Hounskull). This style helmet was in heavy use around 1400, so it would make sense that there would be newer looking helmets around (shinier texture, no gap at the top of the visor).

So those are some of the things that have come up for me. Thanks for posting your suggestions!

9 Likes

I personally would like to see the ability to have a craftsman to make a specific piece of armor or clothing pieces.

There are a lot of really rare clothing and armors in the game that are only obtainable by cheesing certain NPCs (Black Combat Jacket for example, gotta jack off a priest guard during Waldesians) or by random events. You have multiple types of Combat Jackets that I can’t find in the game. Not to mention several other pieces of clothing that’s hard to find. I’ve seen someone post a screen of their Henry with a “Cuffed Combat Jacket”… I have over 150hrs in the game and haven’t seen that piece of clothing one time.

Tailors, and Armorers should have options to make a piece of gear that you want, with a hefty cost and waiting period of course to make it some-what balanced.

4 Likes

The cuffed combat jacket spawns on some of the wayfaring traders during random encounters with bandits. As of today items looted off a corpse outside towns lose their heat quickly. I obtained a few sweet items that way (looting corpses, not murdering merchants). A dark combat jacket (which is quartered, not plain black) is a semi-rare loot on high-level bandits.

1 Like

There is a distinct difference between a number of chicken all lokking alike and then a number of children we would demand looked unique.

Not to mention the inevitable “slaughter fest”.

1 Like

Henry starts to say the Lord’s Prayer at the altar of Sasau church prior to joining the monastery. Would be nice to be able to click on altar and activate this just as one can click on the chest and activate indulgence giving

Same with holy water font as you mentioned. The crossing animation already exists just need to link to font

4 Likes

@Kaven
There are no good reasons why there are no children!

@longshot300mag
Then everyone should update their hardware! Or everyone has to lower the graphics. That’s the reason why developers make options for weaker hardware!

if only MS and Sony would enable plug and play federated consoles

Great! when are you sending me the $1500 US for my next computer that I don’t have the money for?

3 Likes

@longshot300mag
If gaming is too expensive for you, you should search for another hobby.
And as I said: lower the graphics and it would run on a 4-core CPU.

2 Likes

Elitist speak

2 Likes

the reqs on the package/advert should be sufficient for better than sub-standard performance. rampant popins, chronic stutter, and fps hits that impact gameplay all qualify as sub-standard

It would be better rain effects for me. The rain is terrible

2 Likes

Agreed!

Plus: Apples Everywhere, But No Apple Trees. Why? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just a small sidenote) It’s not about one’s hardware, it’s all about Cryengine. Wrong choice right at the start indeed.

1 Like

These are just my thoughts, and quickly:
How I see:

STALKER vs KCD

• Does not really RPG game (both) /Fallout 4; Skyrim, etc…)
  • Small Developing Group (both)
  • Very bad optimization (both)
  • Wrong Engine (, but GSC X-Ray was their engine)

But, STALKER the most atmospheric game, till now. 1st place on my list.
KCD has lot’s of the issue, but the main problem not with the engine or optimization.
Realism approx = Eat, Sleep, Wash, go to the toilet. (almost nothing RPG element) And sophisticated minigame (lockpick, pickpocket :o )