So are we just to quit the game?

Have you tried to do master strikes with a shield and mace or a axe? This is one major thing they need to fix. On Xbox the lag is so bad you can’t even move without it looking like a slideshow. These are all thing that should not be happening. You must have a beefy PC to not run into major FPS problems.

1 Like

At ~300h on vanilla PS4, have ranger trophy. have ridden Warhorse Jenda to 4 corners of map. have +1k dead enemies well over half as horse archer and have +600k Groschen. gamebreaking bug? no, not at all

2 Likes

Thats not the point is it? You guys are so angry that you wont allow talk about positive experiences.

I can not speak for weapons i havent tried but my shortsword and board combo works fine combos strikes riposte etc…

it would be nice. that said, Henry (lvl 19, 20 Str…) still seems overpowered (PS4 1.3) with mace/axe and shield. unless i get reckless (esp aggro against multiple enemies), don’t have a problem countering and killing without taking much (>1/4) if any health damage.

perhaps if i switched out the ceremonial mace or the metal plated axe for less powered ones, i’d feel more strongly about mace/axe master strikes

Nope, a factual statement is not subjective. I get it, you like the game… There are bugs, and your opinion on the matter means nothing as they acknowledge the issues in the game.

So please, keep replying and telling me that the game having bugs is merely a subjective opinion.

Edit: Lmfao, you claim to have experienced the game yet you have shown you haven’t even experienced the full combat tutorial which is an example of one of the broken things in the game.

1 Like

how is the game broken if i can continue to play it?

now, you’re being a troll. never said, there weren’t bugs. never said they don’t matter. in fact, (1) created a post to identify and discuss things that matter (link) and (2) sent an email to Marek yesterday describing in detail an objective related bug in the damsel in distress quest. all i said is that your definition for gamebreaking is subjective. it is.

been to Bernard and kicked his arse with real mace and axe. so yeah. as i’ve said, things are overpowered. neither the first nor the last game to be so. accordingly to construe it to be some kind of gamebreaking limitation is asinine

Is War Horse your Mama? The people complaining about this game is because they’re having game breaking bugs. I even told you a example and you throw it in my face. Dude does your bottom hurt??? Just grow up. I love this game ;But it STILL needs some work. Rick the PR guy from War House would even tell you if you have heard him on a podcast. He said he welcomes the criticism. They’re are okay with it; Why aren’t you? If you don’t let people tell there experience with the game then There’ll be a lot of people that will never experience the game and love it like you do.

3 Likes

I get your point. I really do. But half of us wouldn’t even be on this website if we could play the freaking game. We are more than a little salty about it. I am glad you had a good time on this game but a lot of us haven’t.

1 Like

That incourteous remark and yet you have the temerity to tell me to grow up.
Read what I actually posted. Read the post I provided link to: actionable quality goals/expectations and take what I say and have said into context
Answer the question… if the the game is broken how can I continue to play at now over 300h with same playthrough?
Presumably, Erik not in Vranik at ~250h rises to your level of gamebreaking. Not mine. Game is still playable; +50h with same playthrough since. (Jan said WH working on fix to be in 1.4) Hence, gamebreaking being subjective.

Similarly, when visiting greater Cambridge (location of multiple main quests) caused crashes or freezes, those by themselves didn’t gamebreak Fallout 4. Made it a pain just as Erik not being in Vranik is but not gamebreaking

1 Like

The problem is that we paid 60 dallors for a game we should have been able to play a month ago. 1.3.1 patch was said to fix performance but it made it worse for half of us. What kind of problems will we have with this next patch? You really don’t know; neither do I. It is hard to trust when you have aready been burned. Do I hope this will fix it? I think everyone does. But we just don’t know.

Read my comments elsewhere … I’m pretty :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: clear that WH needs to improve its change mgmt

This software doesn’t support a supply chain, accounting system or medical device so critical fixes don’t mean the same to the WH. I dare say WH has lost some customers (perhaps permanently) because of their seemingly slow and flawed change mgmt. I hope Daniel isn’t managing it. Not because he can’t but because it means other stuff isn’t getting done.

Right now on the Xbox one X the game is broken. It isn’t for you so that is good to hear. We on the Xbox one have to wait at least 2 weeks before we can see if this patch can fix our games. We just want to get back to stabbing people in the face and getting hungry again. “I feel quite hungry”

1 Like

Vanilla PS4 is ok. Graphics (pop-ins, etc) seemed better right after 1.3. Now, seems in some ways still better; in other ways, not. Never had whole (Rattay upper castle, N side) bridge not even appear while I rode across until yesterday. After 3-5secs (seemed like an eternity), it rendered. Didnt happen but once. If on VR, certain muscles would’ve contracted

Sad WH can’t/doesn’t triage XB1 and PS4 pro better. Ironically pro users seem to have more problems than vanilla

Vanilla xbox run okey till you got about 20 hours in then it would crash in the menu and fast travel. I was still able to complete the game but it was a challenge. 1.3 was good till you started opening up the map. Then you got lag so bad it is like watching a slide show. This is a great game though. I really hope they can get this fixed.

My son is on the og xbox and he doesn’t have that many problems either. That’s a little wierd.

which of the following is a strength to be leveraged in making a glitch free game?

• Start up company
  • Maiden product
  • Open world RPG
  • Cryengine
  • Novel combat system
  • Relatively small staff size (for some, first industry job)
  • Relatively small budget

my personal opinion… really nice, enjoyable product in need of much fixing (bugs) and much enhancement (design issues; adding DLC/content). very respectable (but incomplete … as we stand now) effort all things considered. if WH can turn the corner on this, look for KCD to be considered a game changer or classic in the years ahead; if WH can’t, KCD will be novelty and niche

1 Like

My apologies, I responded to the wrong person, I thought I was continuing with someone else who claimed they put in a thousands hours with not a single bug despite admitting they didn’t even finish the combat tutorial where a game breaking bug takes place.

This game has bugs, and some of them break the game and ruin the experience. This isn’t the opinion of the odd player, it’s the opinion of the majority of people which can be seen through Steam stats, the game has dropped in popularity DRASTICALLY since launch and the plethora of issues.

I just wish they would test there game better on all the platforms they release it on. I would have been okay with this game being a early access or something but they released it as a finished game.

Did WH and its partner(s) overhype KCD? were customers blind to reality (list above)? Or somewhere in between? Not sure. In some respects, it doesn’t matter. WH needs to take a long term view (gotta pay their own bills going forward) and recent Steam numbers may or may not be important in that regard.

@diarbkiller with Bethesda and FO4, never felt like forums really mattered other than to find and float workarounds. From the grousing here to a tweet from Daniel seems much quicker than from FO4 complaining to a tweet from Bethesda’s PR guy (Pete Hines) (exception being online petitions to get console/PS4 mods). Maybe I’m biased or too optimistic. Time will tell

1 Like

Don’t waste your time here, this place is filled with fanboys/people who invested in the kick-starter project, they are too emotionally invested and naturally some of them usually just berate you even if they aren’t being sycophants, and the developers seem to have abandoned this place (or even Steam for that matter) in favour of twitter.

2 Likes