So much negativity

I would go try Robber Baron again if you haven’t I played through that quest with out an issue on update 1.2.5 and for 1.3 they say they have done even more bug fixing for Hans Capon’s quests. Also, for 1.3 the big update is that the save system is a lot more “robust.” They say that means that saves shouldn’t be corrupting anymore. That being said, I didn’t die at all on Robber Baron so I didn’t have to rely on a save. So I can’t definitively say that the save issue was fixed.

I didn’t die last time I tried it, just any save moving forward would not load; haven’t tried since 1.2/1.2.5

Funny, I was thinking about writing a post shouting the praises of this game. There’s a lot to love. The art and history directors got so much very right, with only minor points of contention. Check out this review from a popular medieval enthusiast on the castles:

Most of the complaints I have more or less revolve around things that they couldn’t afford to implement in the first release. Crossbows, flails, and other types of weapons. Halberd skills. Lances (and mounted combat in general is lacking). Crafting, which they wanted to implement to a wider degree, is largely limited to Alchemy and sharpening your sword. Some quests are more or less clunky because they didn’t have the time and money to factor in more choices, and the effects of those choices.

Bugs are there, yes, but it’s been much improved since release. Out of several playthroughs I haven’t had one game breaking issue. I can’t say that about my Fallout 4 playthroughs, which all became corrupted saves after a period because of my rampant settlement building - 800+ hours and never finished the game.

All I can say is that this game is top of the line as it stands, and only stands to get better with future updates, DLC, expansions, and sequels.

3 Likes

I would give it a try now that the game has been updated. Things worked fine for me. None of the saves after that corrupted. You get the best cuirass in the game as a reward from Sir Hanush for dealing with the Robber Baron.

No you don’t. It’s one of the best. You can buy the best Curaiss from Master Orta in Sassau. It’s slightly better.

You’re right.URO is a damn fine mod. Makes the game feel more like I think it was meant to be. Even without the mods, it’s one game I’ve personally spent more consecutive hours on than any other.

1 Like

This Game is like a bad realtionship.

You love it, you give everything, you want to ignore all the small issues it has, but then it treats you like dirt by putting a hard lock on you main quest, deleting your saves or doing other really bad things to you. And that after you just ignored loads of bugs and issues you ran over, because you just WANT to love it. It’s just not fair.

This game could be the greatest Game i ever played, a true rival to even the Witcher III or other top triple-A RPGs. But with its bugs, it destryos it all.

A Main Quest wich has so many possibilities to break your game just isnt tolerable. Im Stuck at the main Quest (I even reinstalled the whole game, didnt fix it) and really, i still want to play the game, im ready to restart and try my luck against the Bug Roulette. I’d even wait for patch 1.4 to fix the main Questline. or 1.5. or even longer, if needs be.

And it sounds sick, I know. But the positive thing about this game i have to say is: Even if treats you badly, even if it ruins 120 hours of playtime (wich it did for me) you will still love it and still hope that the issues get fixed soon.

Because the Game has extraordinary great Game design, really pleasant graphics, great ideas behind it and its just a lot of fun it deserves to be supported (wich is why I won’t call for a refund) and i really, really hope the Devs don’t let us down on this. Because if they do, i may go full stalker ex-boyfriend!

Edit:

Oh and another reason why this Game is like a bad relationship: After it left me out in the cold for nothing, i’m sitting here in the Forums and stalk the Bug section, sending desperate bug reports to the devs and watch streams and videos of the game beeing sad that i cant progress my first playthrough… im might need a psychologist…

6 Likes

Classical Stockholm syndrome:)

I absolutely love this game and highly recommend it! I’ve longed for an RPG like this that doesn’t have Magic/Fantasy elements and is based on historical events with mechanics based on realism.

I’ve been lucky so far and haven’t suffered from many bugs (playing on PS4 Pro), but this could be due to the slow pace that I’m playing at (I have a Young family so don’t get as much gaming time these days.)

I may confirm i do enjoy the game a lot :slight_smile: There are indeed some issues, but so far i haven’t encountered anything gamebreaking. Mind you, i’m yet far from finishing the game.

I have a love/hate relationship with KCD. If I knew what state it would be released in, then I would have waited to buy it. I mean, you can only make one first impression. And mine will be forever tarnished by the amount of bugs it had from day one. There are a lot of people on this forum who (for reasons unknown) treat KCD like its their only child and instantly go medieval on anyone who “dares” to point out its so obvious flaws. They also go out of their way to pretend like KCD is the second coming of Christ in rpg genre. Its not, but its not the antichrist either. :wink: The game is fun, until last patch it was even playable for most. Now for too many people its screen shaking and/or freezing, on top of many annoying, though not game breaking, bugs. Still, some people seem to be unafected by it. So currently its a bit of a russian rulette situation, you can get lucky and have a decent run, or you will not. I would recommend that you wait at least till 1.4 comes out and check how people will react, once they see what that patch fixed and what it broke (if it breaks anything at all). But definitely keep an eye out for this game, because once its fixed properly, it will be one of the better cRpgs.

I’d wait a month or so, give the developers time to actually fix things and get the game in an acceptable state. Right now it’s terribly optimised, has too many bugs & these things ruin what is otherwise a great experience.

Don’t listen to the hate. This game is literally a diamond in the rough, and is one of the better rpg’s ive played in the last 20 years.

5 Likes

Its like this

The game works,SOME games do not.
Some people confuse difficulty for a bug
While some people have real.issues.
Some people call a bug game breaking while some people call the same easy to overlook.

Its a big world with lots of mechanics.

And a lot of people here are angry because THEY bought a game without reading the description and are now upset they cant manage to get the easy succes games like destiny and call of duty offer.

2 Likes

hateing and complaining are not the same
most i have seen are complains because of bugs

Personally my biggest gripe with the game is the fact that Henry’s actions don’t seem to matter so much. There’s talk of immersion, there’s talk of consequences.
So how is it that after I killed so many cumans that when I approach them now they flee from me like I am their worst nightmare, yet in the Masquerade quest Henry and the 2 village idiots, Matthew and Fritz act like a bunch of damsels in distress having never stepped outside their house?
Quote from the quest : " Killing a cuman? but there’s a WHOLE camp of them, how am I EVER going to get an outfit? Are you insane? Have you ever seen a cuman up close? "

Yes, Henry, yes I have. We just KILLED a bunch 5 minutes ago :exploding_head:

Also, I am wearing their armor, like, I am fully dressed as a cuman, strolling through rattay like a boss and people shouting at me : “HENRY HAS COME! THANK JESUS FOR HENRY!”

But also you’ll find people who do not experience the bugs, or it doesn’t affect them much. I’ve literally had 1 bug that was major, and have played hundreds of hours and that being the only bug and it was patched with the latest patch.

1 Like

your right. but if you have this bugs your screwed and so i cant recommend the game.
if your lucky its all fine and you will have a very nice game, but if not…

Maybe watch some streams or something…but a lot of the “bugs” you see are people who don’t understand how the game works. Like stolen meat…you can become a Huntsman and meat is still stolen…this is not a bug, this is because the Huntsman provides meat to the scribe who works for Sir Divish and they distribute it throughout Talmberg; you can’t just go kill a bunch of animals and then sell them yourself because you are a huntsman.

So take a lot of stuff you read with a grain of salt. Understand you will most likely run into some sort of bug, the level of which cannot be declared until it happens…but the game is still really good and is being worked on vigilantly and patches come out just about every week.

Maybe watch some streams or watch some youtube gameplay videos or something. IMO one of the better games to come out in a loooooong time…I’ve got 219 hours and 1 completeion…still have a looooot of quests I havn’t done and a lot of map to explore even.

3 Likes

If you’re stubborn and bullheaded you can have quite a good time with the game, even with the bugs.

It’s difficult… more trouble than it should be… you shouldn’t have to work around bugs to enjoy a game… but at least it’s possible. Even the “game ending bugs” that folks talk about… most times if you start a new game, that same bug won’t be there on the second play through… Even if you play exactly the same quests in the same order.

It’s weird, like the game is constantly flipping a coin in the background trying to decided if it should show a bug to you.

1 Like