So much negativity

there are some bugs… especially with the new patch

• no random encounters (can get fixed by yourself because of a guide from the com)
  • no masterstrikes (can get fixed by yourself because of a guie from the com)
    … but if you have this, this game is unplayable:

i paid 50€ for the game. i played it for 30 hours with the random encounter and the masterstrike bug an than the screen shaking began
now i cant play it before this gets fixed (probally in 2 weeks)

and this is my point. some people can play the game without bugs, some people fucked their game with mods, some people are idiots and some people have bad luck

1 Like

Another thing that needs a lot of polishing is the balance, or rather complete lack of it. Right now, the moment you grasp how to fight and use the bow, and Henry gets a few proper skill points and perks, the difficulty flies out of the window and falls flat on its sad face. All that remains the fact even after latest patch (although it made combat a litle more demanding).

2 Likes

I am on Xbox One and have had no problem with random encounters…I literally passed up on an attack last night. I will say I spend a lot of time right now just hunting and staying close to Talmberg just sanboxing it up but still…fought a mercenary not too long ago, avoided an attack last night. Have not seen this problem personally.

As for master strikes I’m not sure, have not fought anyone since Pribyslavitz right before I started my Huntsman questline…but I’ll try it out tonight.

What I was saying is, and this conversation points it out nicely, that bugs differ largely from platform to platform and from hardware of said platforms to harder/user to user…you say you have no random encounters, but I do…people say PS4 lock picking was/is bugged…my buddy plays on PS4 and said it was tough at first, but with practice like every said to those who complained about a “bug”, he got it down…

There are definitely bugs. But there are definitely not as many bugs as this forum would make someone believe.

The most time I even lost was probably a couple of hours or however long it took me to do Robber Barron a few times, finally finish it and get dialogue with Bernard and then my saves would not load from then on out…all I had to do was load a save from an hour or two ago and not do those quests…didn’t really ruin anything.

Again, there are bugs, but if you’re a die hard fan of a realistic, hard, medieval game than you’ll be able to get over them…especially considering how steady WH is working on them; we get like a patch every week and a half that not only fixes bugs but introduces new features too.

3 Likes

When all is said and done, this game makes a much better “hunting simulator” than skyrim. It has replaced skyrim as my “I just want to turn on the playstation and hunt in the woods” game.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m focusing on that until things get a little smoother…the game has bugs but if you keep the story in the first half or so before it really takes a shit it’s a very good looking world. Ultimately I would like more farming, camping, cooking/curing and fishing to make a more immersive play if you wanna just live in Bohemia in 1403

I put soooooo many mods on my SSE play through to make it more medieval and realistic…still couldnt get rid of magic users or undead. Fantasy is fun, but a good realistic medieval game was far overdue

I just recently finally got a desktop that was strong enough to run Mount and Blade… so, I still have that fresh on my mind. But yeah… sometimes the fantasy aspects get old.

I got Warband on Xbox when it came out…tried it and hated it. Idk why but when I eventually went back and tried it again I loved it. Played that for a few weeks leading up to this game.

no random encounters and the masterstrike bug are just in saves which started AFTER the 1.3 patch.
but i agree with out.

Holy Crap, that’s horrible. I pray that this doesn’t happen on my PS4. I (knock-on-wood) have not experienced a fraction of the issues as the other unfortunate souls here have reported. I’m thrilled with this game. It is so rich and detailed. Like life, you get out of it what you put into it. Practice makes perfect.

2 Likes

I’ve got plenty of new saves post patch 1.3 on Xbox One and nothing that I’ve noticed…I’ll do some fighting tonight but I’m pretty sure it’s not a 100% effects everyone bug…if you’re on computer your hardware and personal settings are going to have a lot to do with it too whereas console gamers have pretty much universal/comparable hardware and the same settings.

Lucky you.

I was on your Standpoint as well until the Game put a hard lock on the main Quest in a pretty late Quest(i can’t enter Eriks house at Wranik, the button doesnt respond).

For me that means until the devs find a workaround ( I tried for hours to find one) or a new patch fixes this issue im unable to proceed. Thats really shit, and i have a hard time still defending the Game, anyways I still want to, because the game can still grow to one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

That doesnt stop me from beeing critic about the games state though. Having such a bugged main Quest is rather unaccepotable, especially if you didnt do any exotic stuff to trigger a bug by just doing stuff the devs never thought about. Thats stuff i can understand and is easy to workaround just by loading an older save, and therefore its okay-ish. Its not okay to face a hard lock on your main quest.

They surely need to bring 1.4 out soon to at least fix the main Quest to a stable state. If thats done, the rest is just polish (while lots of polish) and im confident the Game will be well polished soon after. Anyways, please not before they fixed the bug im suffering from ^^

I know this is a dumb question, but did you try the other door? There are two doors into Erik’s house.

(one of them didn’t work for me, but the other one did)

Didnt find a second door, i walked around the complete house and didnt see one…

I will try now and tell you then!

EDIT: Okay, im must be bilnd or dumb or something, but yes, i found the second door and it works…

Stupid me, and thanks a lot :slight_smile: now I can proceed my game.

2 Likes

Just because you’re having bugs doesn’t mean everyone’s install is. As bad as it sounds, reinstalling on PC has fixed a plethora of day 1 bugs. I still stand by I haven’t had but 1 major bug, and it was easily fixed by myself and fixed by WH in the first patch. Random encounters, masterstrikes, everything else you’re claiming i’ve never had issues with. As a matter of fact, It’s annoying how many encounters I have AFTER the new patch, as I get at least 1-2 every time. I’ve got well over a hundred hours and counting, and claiming that everyone has these issues is just false. You only see negative stuff on here because people who experience it come here and whine.

2 Likes

And see, most of people’s “Perceived bugs” are just their own misunderstanding or not knowing what to do. Not everything is a bug.

2 Likes

Oh, theres certainly a Bug, not a gamebreaking one though, but there is one. The second door shouldnt show up like this, if its needed later on it shouldnt show oits use option before you can actually use it.

Also i had some kind of shorrt blackscreen at the start of Wranik castle, wich is maybe a missing cutscene or something.

So: This is still a bug, while certainly not a gamebreaking one.

I sent this Update to the Devs so they can focus on more urgent things.

Thanks for your help, anyways.

Yep. Perhaps there is a bug on the one door…but this user would go on to tell everyone that the game was unplayable because the questline could not be completed due to a bugged door…even though there is another door.

I had someone earlier tell me that Master Hunstman stolen meat is a bug, said “The master huntsman provides the city with meat”…it’s not, that’s not true. When you finish the quest line the scribe who you take hunting requests from says Sir Divish and Lady Stephanie have no further requests and the stores were full (meaning you hunt for the scribe/Sir Divish and they distribute it to the merchants)…so it is not a bug. But this guy wants to tell everyone he’s “helping” that it is.

1 Like

Exactly ^ …

You guys… :wink: Cedius and HalfOrcSteve You seriously should think about a career in politics or maybe law. :wink: Impressive, hats off. There are literally dozens of minor and major bugs outthere, some for console versions and pc both, few propably specific to either pc or console. And yet you grab those two examples and use them to try and diminish “the bug infestation” problem KCD has… Briliant!
Cedius
Try and read bug topics on this forum or steam. And then try to spin “most of people’s “Perceived bugs” are just their own misunderstanding or not knowing what to do.” Cause sorry, but that is just not true. Sure, some people either don’t have few of the most annoying bugs or simply do their best to overlook them. But broken save files, screen stuttering, broken quests those are not things few people imagined, neither they are “Perceived bugs”. KCD is good enough game to defend itself without its fans trying to shove all its problems under the carpet like that.

3 Likes