So much negativity

I’ve pointed out plenty of times in previous comments, on this thread, that problems differ from platform to platform and user to user, since you want to point out people grabbing onto specific excerpts. What our point is, is that not every “game breaking bug” you hear about are actually bugs; that there are bugs but there are differences in experiences.

In my opinion, if OP is on the fence he/she should get it. In my experience I have not seen a majority of bugs reported, but I know that is me and I know I play on Xbox One; that’s all I know. They’ll probably experience some bugs, but if you’re passionate about a game of this type and willing to get on here and do some research on issues you find to find out if it’s a bug or if it’s a user error, because there are definitely a lot of those, and maybe do some looking around in the game before you get so mad you want to return it you’ll probably have a good time. Sooo many people have a problem in the game and instead of making a post asking if what they experienced is a known bug, they just go “this didnt work. Its a bug. This game is broken. I want my money back.” The two examples I shared earlier were just really recent.

One last time, there are bugs…there arent necessarily as many bugs as this forum would lead you to believe and these bugs are not 100% going to happen to you; and WH pushes a patch about every other week fixing and adding stuff. I think it’s a dope game, even with the few bugs I’ve experienced.

3 Likes

Again, just because a handful of people are whiners and complaining about some bugs on the internet doesn’t mean that the million or so copies are ALL bugged. Like I’ve said, I’ve had ONE bug that was breaking, and was easily fixed by myself. I didn’t have to come on here, whine and complain that this is the worst company ever, and then demand and refund. I went the better route. Instead of whining and demanding refunds, submit your bug report and move on with this brilliant game. If a few bugs are killing your playthrough and you want a refund, then either you’ve not played many new video game releases or you’ve been sheltered.

I’m just tired of the negativity. I literally just read a thread where someone is complaining that the game isn’t optimized. His specs are a 6 year old CPU, and a 3 year old GPU (low end) and is complaining that he isn’t getting 100fps. Like really? The game isn’t optimized for ALL users since his rig has bad fps. So the bugs (which turn out to be USER errors) and other misinformation on here is astounding. Yes, there are some bugs. Is this game broke beyond measure? Not at all. Many people (including myself) have completed it with little issues. There’s too many variables at stake to claim all people are having the same issues, or the WHOLE game is buggy for everyone. Just false info.

3 Likes

be so kind and point me to a post where I said anything about a refund? I get it, you like KCD, well guess what, I like it as well. Doesn’t mean I will go out of my way to overlook its flaws.

Yes I agree. But exacly because of those patches I would recomend him to wait. The game will get (hopefully) much better in a few weeks. It’s better to wait, then risk being among those "unlucky few"as you say. Mainly since those few are not so few, unfortunately.

There are bugs…but 85.2% of X Box players have completed all quests. That’s a good rating. A lot of big bugs seems to be on PC (maybe PS4 but keep reading) which leads to more potential user/hardware related issues then it just “being a shit game”, and that is what I think is going on

2 Likes

Until last patch I was able to finish the game myself. It was not a smooth ride, but fun non the less. Though I’m sure it could have been better if I was patient and waited few months before buying KCD. Latest patch pretty much made KCD unplayable for me. I managed to find a way to eliminate freezes, screen shaking/stuttering gets worse and worse (and that seems to be a widely spread bug). The game needs polish. And it will get it, WH simply can’t afford to not polish what they created. So why rush into it now, maybe two weeks before 1.4 is going to come out? Better to wait and have a more pleasant experience.

This number is not sense, trueachievements says <1%

Finally! Ive been searching this forum and others to see if I was the only one with this problem. I love the game but I can’t play it anymore. Ive been trying to find out if theres some graphics setting I can adjust to fix it but it seems like its just a load in issue?

I was looking around my achievements and some other stuff doesn’t make sense…like 20 some percent killed Runt but 80 some percent completed all quests…or Robber Barron. What is the difference between true achievements and the console itself?

1 Like

/\ exactly

It’s true that the game is buggy and at times can be frustrating. However for me it is easy to look past.

The world that has been created and the depth of the game play makes for a rich and rewarding experience. I have been playing RPGs for as long as I can remember, going all the way back to Fallout 1 and Baulders Gate. This game ranks in my top 5 all time favorite games. Seriously, I’m loving it.

The bugs are a hot topic and it’s good to know going in you will experience some. I have to give the developers credit though, for a crowd funded game on this scale…it’s really not that bad. I think people tend to forget that.

If your into challenging RPGs and exploring large open worlds then don’t pass this game up!!

4 Likes

It is the most amazing game ever. I encountered my first bug after 100 hours of playing (and I managed to work around it, no big deal). People come to the forum to vent, but the truth is that it’s a super game. My friends who also play it praise it too. It’s new and wonderful. Not perfect, but the developers are working on it. :wink:

5 Likes

I love the game. That doesn’t mean I think it is perfect, but I am having a great time with it. Also, I’ve been fortunate and have experienced very little in the way of bugs.

there is a steep learning curve, and early on I had my share of play sessions where I was screaming at the computer. One fight you are forced into (Runt) was terribly difficult at the time. Once I took a moment to examine what was going on, and realized that I had misinterpreted how to perform master strikes, my fighting skill increased rapidly.

A lot of PC games have just been too easy in the past, and I actually enjoyed a bit of challenge and frustration. Your enjoyment of the game can also depend upon knowing what you’re getting into. I think somewhere in the game’s development the idea that it was an open world game like Skyrim took hold. And maybe the developers share the blame for that.

Just know it IS NOT a game with Skyrim’s level of freedom. It is a story driven RPG were you play a given character, Henry, and your choices are going to be somewhat limited by two things: The game story, and Henry’s character as conceived by WH. You can be everything from a “White Knight” to a bit of a scoundrel, but that’s about it. There is no real steroetypical “evil” options in the game.

3 Likes

To the people saying wait, why? Maybe if money is an issue for you don’t, but even if you do hit a bug where you can’t advance the game is still fun just going out and doing random things. Hunting, killing bandits, alchemy, etc.

The patches and mods are still coming.

I never see it mentioned anywhere, but look what the modding community has done in the first month, hell the first week. Can you imagine a year or two from now??

I know, deep in my heart, that somewhere one of us developer nerds is working on a total conversion Game of Thrones mod! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I dunno what is your source? i only see some text on the phone, what app you are using? I dunno if Xbox has some official stats, that why im using trueachiements - what is hardcore achievements players community - so number here should be better than average.

On Steam for PC is Similar to TrueAchievements for Xbone - game was completed only by 8.4% of players, 0.4%, i know that game is big and people have not time, but is month after release and target group for this game is pretty hardcore, so such small numbers shows IMHO cleary that is very something wrong with this game…
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/379430/achievements/

Who understand how game code works, knows that 1 broken dirty variable could ruin whole game… corrupted saves and hard windows crashes without in game error codes and unhandled expetions shows that something rotten is in game code and poor code culture.

Commentary from some C Windows developer on my crash error:

I have been playing it since it came out and will gladly state it one of my favouite games over the course of two years. The playabity will depend on the imagination I had my first playthou which was jsut to experience it and now I am doing a playthou of being a pacifist which will be fun. There are some bugs however if you don’t mind you can anore them. Bugs and issues are plain to see but shouldn’t effect you as much when the game first came out.

If someone trying to say that he doesnt met bugs, i thing that he should look better, some perks not work at all for 100% of players… There is small chance that he not have such perks, but even should simple things and fundamentals of rpg system, which be easily test are broken…

Perks: Horsesnip, Board, Shinning armor is not working, Balanced Died has no indicator - so nobody knows, because there is still stupid overeating from pots.
Skills: Warfare skill is limited to Lvl 19 604/619, because of bug, Polearm - there is invisible skill and training for it, but you cant use them without mod - its silly, too much work to remove their training - another mark of broken game…

I agree you can still play well with such bugs, i cant for 3 weeks, because other bugs, something broken after 150 hours, i can even crash game in 100% of tries by simply go to my chest and use Take all option.

That’s the Xbox app. Im using the Xbox glass app…I can take a picture of my tv if you’d like…but what you saw is according to Microsoft and people who have unlocked them by doing what is needed in game

I have Xbox too, but i never used this app for more that few seconds. there is nothing about how much data samples are used for this stats, its probably bugged on MS side.