So much negativity

I’m on Xbox One, and even after the patches I still have a plethora of issues with the game in way of performance. I purchased the game at a game stop and its current resale value is less than 20 dollars. If you haven’t purchased the game yet, honestly, I wouldn’t. The concept of the game is fantastic and the vision behind it inspires, but the overall gameplay is 6/10 in my opinion, and the game breaking bugs have become a nuisance at best.

If it even gets 6/10 I’d go pick it up…just get it used for a $40 discount. I have issues, they’re just suuuuuuper small. Like sometimes NPCs face the wrong way in conversation, or I got that super crappy looking rain(which honestly looks better the last few days since 1.3), I got that weird neck beads thing, some audio issues with water, issues ah the alchemy station but they were all manageable. The only quests I know I failed due to a bug are the robber baron and the missions where you steal stuff for the vagabond and he gets locked up; that’s it I know of. Had issues, only two that stopped me from doing what I was trying to do

Another “beautiful” bug, at least now is see sorry in the post, that is rare…

I think many of us give this game the benefit of the doubt because it’s a small indie company attempting to make a game on a triple A scale. They’ve done very well but should still be held accountable for releasing a buggy mess.

You are a hero
You are right in everything

Have you played it before the 1.3 patch that disabled random encounters? I would definitely not call this game boring. There is so much going on.

1 Like

Yeah like doing the same things over and over again?like go from A to B, steal this or that and bring it back to A…80%of all missions are like that…How is this not boring?

Are there bugs? Yes. Does the game need more work? Yes. Despite that it’s an amazing game, the way this game got mistreated by some reviewers is beyond me, the same ones giving Bethesda games (mainly TES and Fallout series) perfect scores when they’re one the buggiest games ever made, hell many bugs are still there and will never be fixed. I hope the studio will pull it out, because this game is the most promising and ambitious game we had in a very long time.

1 Like

There are like 6 side quest like that in the entire game. There’s so much more when you explore the NPCs a bit more. In my second playthrough, I don’t even bother with the millers - Henry is a good boy now.

1 Like

@ruthan @ruthan667

How many accounted do you have?

Have you played it before the 1.3 patch that disabled random encounters!?

What are random encounters?

What, i have probably 2 accounts - one is from 2014 with 3 messages from 2014, its probably some relict because of Kickstarter / Warhorse accounts merge because of Steam beta key sign up or before i created non google account here, its 4 years i dunno. Its this some sort of accusation?

When you travel (either manually or via fast travel), you encounter various people on the road - bandits, cumans, poachers, special wayfarers, knights who challenge you to a duel, beggars, etc. You can sometimes avoid them (the Scout perks help with that). They are what makes the game special because they add diversity and unpredictability. Imagine you’ve just finished a quest and you’re all tired and wounded, etc. and your luck has it that you just have to run into some robbing bandits. It really gets the adrenalin pumping. The latest patch broke random encounters, but the developers are working on a fix.

1 Like

All games like this attract a sycophantic follower base who refuse to acknowledge anything is wrong with the game but rather insult anybody who has issues and wants to voice them.

The game is currently in a state which makes it offensive to be sold at $60.

3 Likes

No, I think he meant “sycophantic”. I don’t agree with lostqq’s view, though. I’ve been gaming since the mid-nineties and I’ve paid plenty of money for much buggier games. The Warhorse team has proven to be much more attentive than any other game developers I know of.

IT s amazing! I have not time to play right now! I hope to be more free in the next weeks! I love this game

1 Like

anyone who didnt know this game was going to be difficult and riddled with bugs didnt know anything about this game at all…probably the same types of people who think mods to have dragons and magic would be a great addition

1 Like

My thoughts exactly! The primary purpose of this game is to have something to play that doesn’t involve dragons or other made-up creatures.

See? Proving my point for me, thanks.

Stop being such a troll, there is absolutely no correlation between people reporting bugs and people wanting dragon and magic mods… It’s also extremely ridiculous to claim people should have expected and therefor should accept the plethora of bugs and issues.

ok, it’s offensive that not a few movies are sold in the US at an average of about $9.16 per ticket.

the average movie is 130 mins with a cost of $9.16. that puts the minute per dollar rate at about 14 mins per dollar. if movies and games are fungible forms of entertainment (can’t see why not) and if one applies the same consumer time per dollar rate to KCD’s cost, one gets about 850 mins. Play KCD for 14h 10mins and one gets the same consumer time per dollar rate. can’t speak for you but for me it’s probably well over 10 times that (at least 140h into KCD and far from done… even if WH doesn’t quickly resolve the Erik in wrong location bug)

1 Like