So much negativity

I am going to download this game, because it looks like something I would really enjoy. I’m wondering if there is anyone out there who is actually enjoying the game and has some positive feedback for me?

People mostly come here to complain when they get a bug or break their game with mods. No worries, it’s the best game I’ve played in a long time and I’ve played over 200 hours so far.

edit: There is this bug right now that makes higher level combat with anything other than a longsword a bit harder. “Fix” included in this thread Riposte after 1.3.1

9 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like

I usually seem to attract every shitty bug in every game, some outright refuse to install.

With KC:D I had initial issues getting it started, but ever since am enjoying the game very much. My not-too-powerful #Computer is having zero problems with the highest possible graphics settings (still amazes me) and apart from minor bugs and oddities, I have a great time.

1 Like

It’s so frustrating as it is almost a great game. I really have tried to like it - and as a concept I can get it. But still too far away from being the game it could have, and should have been. Worth a go for sure, but be ready to curse!

2 Likes

I had soooo much fun with this game, but for some people the bugs are game breaking.
For example there are no more random encounters since patch 1.3 (there is a fix from the com on steam)
patch 1.3 also breaks the masterstrike for alle weapons (outside the longswoard) (also here a fix from the com)
and the most annoying bug is that:

but… besides this things its a beatiful game

1 Like

If you get 9 out of 10 Questions right people tend to remember the one that you got wrong…for me there are more good things than bad, it’s just this is a forum and people tend to point out bugs vs what they enjoy. The game is great, and tts getting better…just know there are bugs, some are pretty big, the game isn’t “easy” right away and as you progress the bugs will probably get more and more noticeable…but the game is awesome. If you’re even on the fence you should just go get it

2 Likes

Also problems/bugs tend to differ from platform to platform and even from person to person in the same platform so it’s hard to tell what is going to happen to you…but still, the game is dope and leaves you wanting more

1 Like

I play predominantly RPG’s and Strategy games. KCD is now my favorite game on the ps4. Combat is challenging, there is a lot of depth there, but once you level up your strength and skills it can be overpowering. There is a huge amount of maintenance, managing, and optimizing. The story and side quests is were the game really shines though. Best I’ve ever played.

IF game is working is great, its not realistic and deep as is used in its advertising, but its still great.

Now with patches you have probably good chance not get major bugs during main quest and side quests, when i played with 1.2.0 and 1.2.5 it was slalom between bugs - i was usually able to complete quest but walk through some affected by some very strange thing, broken perks, scripts etc.

When you are unlucky as me, your game start to constantly crashing after lots of hours (i my case 150h - i played hardcore no fast travel ), you cant make new non broken save… and waiting 3 weeks for fix and waiting on some update from support or anybody, developers leaders are silent about major bugs too (imho corporate strategy…)… not a great experience.

Someone people which probably have not problems, or are fanboys or dunno why… will tell you that people with problems have broken computers, mods (remove mods is first thing to test, if is something wrong, but there is nothing like official bad mod - blacklist, developers even feature lots of mods on Steam page or Twitter) and other non sense…

If feel from it old stupid eastern Europe “Quality”, if is somehow working is good enough…

2 Likes

Wait to buy this PoS, really hard to recommend a game that I had a terrible experience with. I pre-ordered it thinking that they would put out a semi polished game since they were selling it at a premium price point. Yeah, that didn’t happen. Constant crashes, multiple corrupted saves, broken quests. Reported all the bugs I experienced and no response from the STELLAR customer service at WH.

Been looking for a Better Business Bureau counterpart for the Czech Republic so I can log an official complaint where it matters. If anyone knows of one, please link it here.

It seams the people who are having trouble are on PC. I came across a thread you might want to look at.

LowSpecGames KCD TIPs- Could your grandmothers computers run it?

I hope that helps.

No, i did some analysis of achievements numbers from console is even worse… Its PC style game, so majority of players are from PC community and its also more pc like thing to disscuss game on Forum.

Even on PC still only 8.3% of buyers completed the game… I would expect more bigger number with game would be ok.

1 Like

Czech organization for customer experience:
https://www.coi.cz/en/

2 Likes

I’m one Xbox One and have one completed play through and one with like probably 60-70 hours or so: just got to Questions and Answers and am stopping the main line. I have had very few issues and the only quest I tried and couldn’t complete, that I know are bugs, are Robber Baron and stealing the items for the Vagabond who ends up in the pillory…definitely had bugs but never lost large amounts of time, very few crashes, only bad saves were from Robber Baron, just not really any huge issues for me

Thank you. I know that it is the current state of the gaming industry to release unfinished games. That’s a business practice that needs to stop. No other businesses/industries are allowed to sell a broken product at a premium price to its consumers.

3 Likes

I’m on PC… probably 150 hours in and I can’t think of one single major bug I’ve had other than shooting up in the air from the alchemy table which has been fixed. My only complaint is the vanilla game becomes way too easy when you put in a lot of time focusing on side quests and activities. I was only half way through the main story and was one shot killing multiple enemies at a time without getting a scratch on me. If you are on PC their is a fix for this… The ultimate realism mod. I started over with this and holy crap is it difficult. Still awesome though probably even more so because it’s more immersive.

Short answer is the game is great… you hear more negativity because us having the positive experiences are you know putting 150 hours into the game and not here bitching about how hard the lockpicking is.

3 Likes

The negativity comes mostly from ignorance. We live for instant gratification. Yes, the game should have been practically bug free at launch…it wasn’t. So what?

So many people complained at launch about three things…stupid lockpicking, the “choking someone out” mini game and the save system. The original way was fine. Just people are impatient to learn how the game works.

What people don’t understand is, once you change a file…there are so many other files that could possibly be corrupted or compromised.

They changed 3 major aspects to the game (as mentioned above) and now people are complaining that Warhorse is the problem. They aren’t, but the complainers are.

The devs could have been working on so many things- like DLC- and seem to have accidentally messed things up with PC update 1.3 to appease everybody.

It’s a marvelous game. And I think that Warhorse should just keep on it’s path. Not cater to silly kids wanting easier lockpicking and exit saves. They could have been doing so much more with their time.

7 Likes

I play on the Xbox one, and I personally have not had any real bugs, like at all, since 1.3 came out. I’m sure they’re there, a few graphical glitches, but the actual bugs that bothered me in 1.2.5 are gone now. It’s easier to start leveling up lockpicking on the console now that the difficulty for very easy and easy was made more manageable, and once you level it up a bit, hard and very hard also become manageable. It just takes a bit of practice.

What I loved about this game, is that it’s a hardcore RPG that is not meant for casuals. If you want an immersive experience, this game is for you. I found that the new save and exit feature doesn’t really give me a method to spam the save system as this game seems determined to prevent. I can’t just save and exit before a difficult spot and then reload if I don’t like the outcome. I still have to live with the consequences of my actions, which I’m perfectly okay with.

Just put in the time and build Henry the way you want to build him. Everyone can do the exact same quests in different ways, and that’s what makes this game so fun.

2 Likes

it’s the price of going mainstream, you attract the call of duty 13 year old potty mouths who bought the game using mommy’s credit card without doing any research