[SOLVED] Performance - 40 FPS, LOW Settings, GTX 1080 Ti

That’s nice. 35 FPS is kidnda bad, but you’re running in 4K on v.high/ultra. That’s to be expected. Those are the results I’d expect with that card.

20 FPS on high/v.high, 1440p, with a GTX 1080 Ti is well below the performance the card should get out of the game, though.

For a RPG 35 fps is not bad. It’s absolutely acceptable. I don’t need 60 or even 144 fps! I can live very good with 30. That’s enough to explore the world. I don’t play fast action shooters. I like slow gameplay games where the goal is to get immersed and not a high score.

Most RPGs don’t have fast-paced, time-based first-person combat. And 30 FPS is noticably laggy to me, I find it quite jarring and immersion-breaking.

But ok, if you enjoy the game more at 35 FPS, looking gorgeous, that’s your choice. I don’t even have the choice, because I can only just barely squeeze out 50 FPS on medium-low settings. For some reason, I’m not getting the performance from this game that I should, with my spec.

The CPU never reaches 100% load, while the GPU is maxed out. Even on low settings, at 50 fps. I have more than adequate RAM, and my system never gets above 12 GB usage, of 16 GB (not including page file). In case the game wasn’t using all cores, and the CPU was actually bottlenecking, I overclocked my CPU to 4.4 GHz up from 4.0, to see if that improved performance. As I expected, not even slightly. For some reason, the game is using way more processing power on the graphics card than it should.

I’m not using HD textures DLC, or any graphics or texture mods.

I checked if triple buffering or something else was enabled in NVIDIA Control Panel, in case maybe there was some setting there causing it to be horridly inefficient. Nothing. Turned all the settings in NCP down to potato-mode, just in case, and not even a slight performance gain.

1 Like

Can you check if your GPU uses enough vram and if your clock speed is normal? I think your gpu isn’t performing normal. I got a 1080i aswell with a 8700k and If I play 1440 I get 80 or 90 fps. I agree with you, 60 fps is minimum on games. It just isn’t smooth.
Just see the difference https://www.testufo.com

According to HWMonitor, the clock speed is exactly what it should be, and the VRAM usage (assuming that’s what it is) is at 31%.

Everything looks normal. The GPU utilisation is 99% which suggests the GPU is working more or less flat-out, delivering all it can deliver… but that can’t be right, because I know a GTX 1080 Ti can deliver a lot more than 20 FPS at very high settings, 1440p.

I would say: bus interface load too high.

You really think my GPU isn’t seated properly? If that were so, wouldn’t it just not work?

And no other games are running anywhere near as poorly as Kingdom Come.

1 Like

You can check it with gpuz to be sure.

What would be the telltale signs that the GPU isn’t seated properly?

Anything out of place there? I can’t see anything suspect.

I suggest a reseat of your gpu card.

Might as well try it, but I don’t think that’s the issue.

By reseat, you mean take it out and put it back in, or place it into a different PCIe slot?

I’m quite sure. You need 16x for optimal performance of your system.

Check your main board manual. Plug in to a 16x slot. If you are already in a 16x slot. Just take it out an put it back it.

It is in a x16 slot, according to the mobo manual.

Turn off
Take it out
Reseat it.
Check result with gpuz

2 Likes

Sure, like I said, I doubt that’s the issue but I will try it anyway. Thanks.

1 Like

Well, I took it out and reseated it, and now my problem seems to have disappeared. 60 fps, v.high settings. Thanks!

2 Likes

Good to hear. Have fun