Stuck in Conversation

Anyone had this?

I’m trying to hand in the bird in hand quest. I did it the first time but had to reload a few mins later. Now when I go to hand in he gives me my rewards but the next part of the conversation isn’t kicking in. Waited for 10 + minutes to see if it would advance but nothing.

Tried reloading save file and still doesnt work. Don’t really want to load the one from before this because thats over an hour before my last one…

Thanks

3 Likes

Turns out I’m not the only one with it:

2 Likes

Also having this issue, just reported a bug to the support email with the issue. Occurs if you load the game after collecting the last nightingale. Trying to find a temporary fix like a console command to force exit the dialogue.

3 Likes

That makes sense then. Had a look myself but can’t find anything.

Okay so i decided to lose 3 hours progress to fix the quest and I can’t even do the quest now. I planted the bird nests like before but they have disappeared! I’m going to the spots where I planted the traps and I can’t see them anywhere. I made sure I planted them near something I would remember and they are not there.

My only concern is that this will get patched in a couple of weeks but will maybe require me to start the quest again which by that time I would have gone a lot further. I’m loving this game but the frustration is crazy with this quest.

I have done this quest 3 times now and each time they disappear and I can;t find the bird cages. Poor effort in testing here.

Same issue here. Caught the nightingales last night and logged off. Did another quest before going to hand this one in and stuck in conversation.

It’s so frustrating isn’t it. So now I don’t know wether to just carry on with my later save but get stuck in a convo or keep going back to see if my cages appear.

There is some help from the developers. I have the same bug. Maybe finish this quest from console?

The same with me.
I finished the Quest, but died afterwards.
After loading the savegame, I can’t finish the Quest again. Stuck in Dialogue.

1 Like

Same problem here…

Same here… i guess ill carry there 6 pounds of cages with me

Can confirm for Xbox as well. Wouldnt bother me if it didnt take up inventory space. I need a patch like yesterday. Just managed to get rid of my ‘Surrender’ option on my screen thats been there since the start of my play through. Anyone managed to get stuck 6ft in the air yet? XD

1 Like

Having the same problem as well. I turned it in just fine the first time, then I died and had to reload a save and that’s when I started getting the bug. Haven’t been able to find any console commands for forcing conversations to end.

1 Like

Same here. Waiting for fix.

1 Like

Same for me… Hope i can soon get rid of these 6 pounds of birds

1 Like

Same here too

1 Like

Has anyone found a temporary fix for this quest? I too am stuck in conversation. I like to complete multiple quests at a time and turn them in together so I save my game between quests starting and ending.

This is so frustrating.

Same problem. What bothers me more is that “birds” occupy your inventory with 6 pounds weight which could be used for better armor and cannot be removed or put into horse inventory.

Same issue here, so it’s not an isolated thing, bit frustrating but I guess I’ll get going with other quests in the meantime.

Still not fixed in 1.2.5