Talmberg entrance gate bug

Hi Dino, cool that this helped. After Talmberg the game really begins :wink:
I wish you much fun… (and me as well, and all the others :wink: )

Hi, im also having the same issue, i jumped from the bridge to leave talmberg and went on with my adventure. Is this locket gate problem going to be fixed with an upcoming patch? Because I don’t want to delete my savegame… Or am i f*cked?

Find another way (hint: climb the tower and find that chest, then talk to the guard at the gate). After starting my game yesterday morning and playing my first 11 hours, I have just left Talmberg Castle in my disguise. That’s how long it took me to get to this point in the story, because I search and roam everywhere and talk to everyone. Although, the first hour, I read everything in the codex and all the perks info, etc. Anyway, spend more time trying to talk to people and exploring your surroundings. in order to achieve your goals. good luck! I’m off to play another 10 hours of KCD today! :sunglasses: Later all!

1 Like

The problem is not to get out of Talmberg, but how to revisit the town with this bug. I had the armor from the chest, and I had talked to everyone.

Sorry, but I can’t help you there, because I have not reached that point of the story yet. I will most likely, get there later today. I hope someone else can answer your question.

1 Like

Same bug present!
WTF!?!?! WHat do you mean by start the game again?!
No, I do not want to!
BTW I do not have version 1.02 on PS4.
And I can’t start the game from the start every time they release the update.

NY, USA here bought it opening day. Last copy left in Gamestop. Got stuck on the gate not opening after buying lockpicks and getting the armor… Gonna try the bridge…it worked… probably would want the armor though for incognito purposes? Otherwise I wasted money with those lock picks and selling arrows… dang’

UPDATE

• Made it to his home town and the game crashed due to unknown error… WOW

But as far as I understand the whole Talmberg Gate issue you won’t have any other option than start over from the beginning. I think I’ve red somewhere (twitter perhaps?) that the “old” save games were supposed to be deleted after updating to 1.02 (but they didn’t and so you end up with playing with “corrupted” save games which where created prior to 1.02
@all: please correct me if I’m wrong. The whole thing is confusing enough :wink:

Impressive numbers. I am curious how many hours you will end up playing through to the end… :grinning:

I have the same problem. Playing with PS4. I started the game with no updates. So I think the only way will be restart the whole game. That is preposterous! How can you sell a product that looks like has not even been tested? I want my money back!

G’day Staubi!, I did the same as Dino and yourself, I started playing off the disc and downloaded the update in the background and it was applied during gameplay. I also mixed up the conversation and spoke to both Lady Stephanie and the guard at the gate. I think I’ll restart the game on the fully updated version of the game and only speak with Lady Stephanie and see if they changes anything. It a fucking ball ache though.

Staubi, I reckon the version update hasn’t just broken the gate I reckon the v1.0 has the door to the tower locked and the v1.2 has it open. If you have a look at the walkthrough video on youtube from ESO - Fallout & Elder Scroll Guides, he just walks through that door in the tower to get to the unlocked chest. he’s playing on PC though but the story shouldn’t be any different. Either way there can’t have been a test case written to test this scenario.

This bug is still present in the release version with Day One patch. The guard gives the order to open the gate, but nothing happens.

I get the feeling that this game was not very well tested :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same problem on the Pc version, gonna try the reinstalation solution today and see if it helps. I have a feeling that the pre download verion got some nasty bugs with it…

Have you tried, after the gate stay close, to go to sleep a few hours and then go back talk to the guard to re ask to open the gate?

@staubi Exactly the same. Started without day one patch. Now in a mixed game and gate is still closed. I was thinking screw it until i’m reading now that eventually, you HAVE to go back. There go’s my 30 hours in :(. Do people just delete the save games and start new game or does everybody recommend me to reinstall the whole thing. (Ps4 Pro btw)

(ps does anybody now if i can reinstall the game without deleting all the updates?)

Hi @Chubben
I don’t think that reinstalling would solve the problem. The problem is in your save game as far as I understood this problem. You started with version 1.0 which is known to have a lot of bugs. I think I’ve red on twitter that version 1.0 was never ment to be played. We lucky console players who didn’t digitally bought the game but physically never had to wait for the game became “unlocked” and so are the only ones who could have played version 1.0
That, however, are just my guesses as I’m not a dev :wink:

Hi @staubi, thanks for the anwser. I allready have accepted the fact to start over :slight_smile: But I never want to do that again :stuck_out_tongue: So, if you tel tme that deleteing all savegames is enough thats fine for me. I really dont want to go through downloading all the patches again. But if somebody now tells me: better delete the WHOLE game , and install/download again, so be it. Better now, then again in a few weeks.

Nah just went through with the new game, it’s not really that far into the story took me maybe 15 minutes and the gate opened like it was suppose to. One diffrence though, int he first run around the chest had squire’s sword in it after the patch it didn’t.

For those who just like me don’t want to delete your savegame, check my video with a solution for this bug:

(Make sure you save the game before you try this, you can get stuck.)